• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Opening Movie has just been posted on Youtube

User Info: 7656198

2 days ago#21
Man I can't WAIT!
PSN: Snycher
Twitch @Snycherus & YouTube @Snycher

User Info: SavenForever

SavenForever
2 days ago#22
meteora88 posted...
It looks great. Don't mind the extended new part for the intro.

What I don't like is how they keep shoving Sephiroth's theme into everything. It's overdone for Pete's sake.

He's meant to be mysterious, and you're not meant to catch on to anything wrong with Cloud at the beginning, but the demo stuff, and now this, seems to be trying to shove Sephiroth's presence and his theme into everything now.

Yeah, it's a little much. I really really hope they don't overuse the s*** out of OWA. That is one of my biggest fears of the remake. Sephiroth already has a normal theme anyways.

User Info: SealBlade

SealBlade
2 days ago#23
meteora88 posted...
It looks great. Don't mind the extended new part for the intro.

What I don't like is how they keep shoving Sephiroth's theme into everything. It's overdone for Pete's sake.

He's meant to be mysterious, and you're not meant to catch on to anything wrong with Cloud at the beginning, but the demo stuff, and now this, seems to be trying to shove Sephiroth's presence and his theme into everything now.
I very much liked the snippet of the theme in the demo intro leak, but having it play for 60% of it takes away from the intrigue imo.
Crusnik 02, Nanomachine activate...80% -Abel Nightroad
PS3 ID: CruxisNightroad WKC ID: Seraphim

User Info: De-

De-
2 days ago#24
I didn't even notice Sephiroth's theme in the beginning until you guys brought it. Heard hymns, but couldn't correlate.

If everything up to the introduction of Aerith is suppose to be the genesis of Midgar, then I'm not as perplexed by it as is on the first viewing. If the remake's meant to cover the Midgar only, the establishing shots are contextually sound. And it probably makes sense to dissolve from the Mako Reactor's sprouts to them appearing in front of Aerith, rather than dissolve from outer space to the sprouts in front of Aerith (since outer space won't be covered until after the Midgar arc).

But still, I really liked the simple, unfolding nature of the original intro. It's just darkness with glowy sprouts, then there's the flower girl, and as she leaves the camera follows her before pulling back into the wide shot of Midgar, emphasizing the scope of this grand new world. Which the Remake intro recreates, but I kinda wish her sequence was done as a long-take instead of a series of cuts (Much like what it is for the train sequence). These changes in composition kinda minimize the effect that it had.
But I could be wrong...

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
2 days ago#25
On the contrary im happy that in this remake both Sephy and Jenova will take the scene a lot more, even better as a decision imo since it's extremely evident that for this remake it would be quite dumb to focus on the "misterious" aspect of Sephy (since it wont be misterious at all for most players anyway) and point all the cards instead on boosting his presence and charisma.

"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: Rude Hero

Rude Hero
2 days ago#26
Oh it's the opening movie!

Again.
Too hot to handle, too cold to hold.

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
2 days ago#27
MalakTawus posted...
On the contrary im happy that in this remake both Sephy and Jenova will take the scene a lot more, even better as a decision imo since it's extremely evident that for this remake it would be quite dumb to focus on the "misterious" aspect of Sephy (since it wont be misterious at all for most players anyway) and point all the cards instead on boosting his presence and charisma.

I don't think spamming his theme in the intro is a good way to go about it.

User Info: nova_pulse

nova_pulse
2 days ago#28
pxp posted...
Leaks showed a young Aerith who looks nothing like this girl (for one thing this one has blonde hair rather than brunette?). Plus we can infer it’s not her because these kids appear to be plate dwellers whereas Aerith was brought up in Shinra HQ and the Slums.

Saw the leaks and there's not even a pic on young Aerith on them.
Both the girl and Aerith have light brown hair colour ,the girl has lighter tone but it's definitely not light blonde. Cloud is blonde
Plate dwellers don't wear rugged clothes and the park is in sector 6 ( don't think plate dwellers would go there ) Aerith spent time with Zack and Cloud at that park which marks it as one of her favourite places.
Maybe this could be a coincidence,we'll have to see.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: ss21vegito

ss21vegito
2 days ago#29
Oh sweet. So Cloud starts with a material equipped!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ujjQA4vGw

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
2 days ago#30
meteora88 posted...
I don't think spamming his theme in the intro is a good way to go about it.

Instead i think it is......and sounds amazing too i may add.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Opening Movie has just been posted on Youtube
  • Post New Message