• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The generic side-quests introduced is concerning

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
3 days ago#31
Tales Games are hit or miss most of the time.

I think the Director created problems (or at least I heard), and he long since been ousted from Namco I think.
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
3 days ago#32
Necronmon posted...
Is Tales of Xilla 2 the only Tales game you played?

The Tales of games even up to the most recent ones at least have some valid mini games like the various card games in Graces, Besaria, and others. A lot of them had the Devil Arms and have side quests that deal with more backstory for the entire cast.

Its not always the best but its like how the side quests were in FF itself in nine and below, rather then the last few one were its nearly all monster killing with maybe a really hard multi tasked one at the end to get the Ultimate weapon.
No I played at least 4-5 (Abyss, Symphonia, Graces F, Xillia 1/2, Berseria) and their quests were even worse or on par with what I'm seeing here. Also you're comparing all that with 2 screenshots lol. Not that it gets any better if the leaks are to go by but you shouldn't expect any backstory considering they're all in the latter part of the original.

What you should be disappointed with if it happens is if they don't build a story around Jessie Biggs and Wedge. I'd honestly expect some sidequests that involve AVALANCHE members but I highly doubt they have anything significant other than to the main quest

User Info: SavenForever

SavenForever
3 days ago#33
Kaliesto posted...
I just want to say that I could be just overreacting, and this is all nothing.

You are. The main game is still there.
blitz_0623 posted...
WRPGs have always done sidequests better because of the sandbox aspect. Giving the player control of the outcome gives an added fulfillment IMO. And even if you take that away the quests have always had better personal touch compared to any JRPG

Bioware games also did sidequests right before the abomination known as Andromeda
This is true. I don’t deny it.

This doesn’t excuse the laziness of Square Enix however.

Saying “JRPGs usually have bad side quests, so Square shouldn’t push themselves to create meaningful content” is flat out ridiculous, and an attempt to justify their laziness/lack of skill.
"Hey, lady, I put the kiddies to sleep. Permanently." - Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
3 days ago#35
OH YES! Mass Effect was awesome when it came to side-quests.
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum

User Info: FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame
3 days ago#36
blitz_0623 posted...
WRPGs have always done sidequests better because of the sandbox aspect. Giving the player control of the outcome gives an added fulfillment IMO. And even if you take that away the quests have always had better personal touch compared to any JRPG

Bioware games also did sidequests right before the abomination known as Andromeda
Yeah, but I thought this game was supposed to be huge.

Wasn’t that the multiple part justification people used back in the day?
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
FrozenFlame posted...
Finally someone else remembers all of the nonsense guys like chipnoir used to talk.

Funny how they all mysteriously vanished as new details came out... lol
"Hey, lady, I put the kiddies to sleep. Permanently." - Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts

User Info: SavenForever

SavenForever
3 days ago#38
I'm still here
FrozenFlame posted...

Time and time again, what people have been saying was that it was due to SE focusing more on graphics, because recreating VII with the kind of visuals and cinematics they're opting to go for, rather than something that's smaller in scale and less detailed, is what causes modern game development to take so long.
So sayeth the ruler of Bethos.
SavenForever posted...
I'm still here
I don’t recall ever getting into a big thing with you though, unless you’re an alt.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The generic side-quests introduced is concerning
  • Post New Message