• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The generic side-quests introduced is concerning

User Info: rpggamer29

rpggamer29
2 days ago#131
TrueGB posted...
If you remember that one ex-Capcom dev who went on that rant, he claimed a lot of new devs being hired these days in Japan are mobile phone devs who aren't really familiar with established game design concepts, so they really only understand basic money milking concepts like grinding. Plus if you've ever seen devs talk about design, you can see it's usually a whole bunch of guys just aping ideas from their favourite games and maybe one guy who actually gets game design and has the vision and talent to actually implement it (these guys usually end up being the lead designers). Heck, turns out the reason why some games have tiny text really is because the dev simply forgot to adjust it for TVs.

I don't think that's true for all Japanese devs, Capcom certainly has been doing great lately, but it's certainly true for those who are just trying to make a buck.

That is....something. Do you happen to know where I can find this or how to search for it? Was it a video? I'd like to listen to it.
TomorrowDog posted...
I've looked at the leaks. I'm very concerned about the structure of the game. People have been selling the "Midgar only" approach by saying there will be so much more to do. The leaks showed it is largely the same events that take longer. The sewers is it's own chapter.

Lol. Wasn't sewer like literally one screen in og FF7 if I recall?

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
2 days ago#133
darkphoenix181 posted...
Yeah it was like 2 screens. One for the Aps boss fight, and another with a ladder that led to the train graveyard

User Info: Haseo8

Haseo8
2 days ago#134
darkphoenix181 posted...
Yeah, many places were either 1 or 2 screens in the original game.
Trails of Cold Steel IV can't come soon enough.
Haseo8 posted...
Yeah, many places were either 1 or 2 screens in the original game.

But those aren't becoming entire chapters now are they?

7th heaven was it's own screen. Will it become a whole chapter?
Or even the church?

Yet the sewer does? Lol

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
2 days ago#136
Lukas455555 posted...
I'm saying there's no need to pad the game with these ffxv style quests over and over. Either we get interesting sidequests or they shouldn't even bother, because you will be underleveled for sure if you don't do them.
I mean this has deviated far and beyond the original quote, but uhh, why does it matter if you're underleveled? Play better, customize your characters better (which probably means more than level) or go grind random encounters like old games. It's also really ballsy to call old game sidequests "good" you literally walked into a caves in the original games, didn't have to fight a super boss or get through a challenging dungeon and picked up extremely powerful materia casually sitting there. All the ultimate weapons in the original game were just in treasure chests thrown around the world, once again, no resistance or challenge in obtaining them. The best move in the game, omnislash, was a prize at an amusement park.

The sidequests in the original game were really, really bad, or basically there was no sidequests for the most part, you got handed all your ultimate stuff without any sort of challenge or resistance. Also once you beat the 2 strongest side bosses in the game, you are handed super irrelevant prizes that would have made more sense to have leading up to those fights, not afterwards.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.
(edited 2 days ago)

blitz_0623
2 days ago#137
darkphoenix181 posted...
But those aren't becoming entire chapters now are they?

7th heaven was it's own screen. Will it become a whole chapter?
Or even the church?

Yet the sewer does? Lol
They are actually I think

If you look at the latest screenshots, the rat quest is on ch3, which is called Home Sweet Slum. I'm willing to bet this is the day after you come back after the first bombing mission. Cloud and Tifa probably 'run some errands' and explore the slums, and when they get back, the shadows were attacking Barrett and Jessie in one of the trailers

There's also a chapter called budding bodyguard which I would think is after Cloud meets Aerith, meaning the church was the chapter prior to this
(edited 2 days ago)
blitz_0623 posted...
They are actually I think

There's also a chapter called budding bodyguard which I would think is after Cloud meets Aerith, meaning the church was the chapter prior to this

I mean literally just the church.

What you refer to here is actually like 10 screens.

There is about 3 in the church then they leave it and go on the roofs and down the slums to her house.
There is also lots of dialouge between them here.

That being a chapter makes sense.

Wallmarket as a chapter makes sense.

The sewers being its own chapter does not. Sewer is just a small part of wallmarket.
(edited 2 days ago)

blitz_0623
2 days ago#139
darkphoenix181 posted...
I mean literally just the church.

What you refer to here is actually like 10 screens.

There is about 3 in the church then they leave it and go on the roofs and down the slums to her house.
There is also lots of dialouge between them here.

That being a chapter makes sense.

Wallmarket as a chapter makes sense.

The sewers being its own chapter does not. Sewer is just a small part of wallmarket.
Well, the train graveyard which is also 2 screens has its own chapter. And the church to Aerith's house seems to be split into 2 chapters, not 1. So I'm led to believe the Church alone is its own chapter and when you get away from Reno (keep in mind he's a boss fight at the church, as well as Rude outside) it goes to the next chapter
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Lukas455555

Lukas455555
2 days ago#140
digidevilwil posted...
I mean this has deviated far and beyond the original quote, but uhh, why does it matter if you're underleveled? Play better, customize your characters better (which probably means more than level) or go grind random encounters like old games. It's also really ballsy to call old game sidequests "good" you literally walked into a caves in the original games, didn't have to fight a super boss or get through a challenging dungeon and picked up extremely powerful materia casually sitting there. All the ultimate weapons in the original game were just in treasure chests thrown around the world, once again, no resistance or challenge in obtaining them. The best move in the game, omnislash, was a prize at an amusement park.

The sidequests in the original game were really, really bad, or basically there was no sidequests for the most part, you got handed all your ultimate stuff without any sort of challenge or resistance. Also once you beat the 2 strongest side bosses in the game, you are handed super irrelevant prizes that would have made more sense to have leading up to those fights, not afterwards.
Unmless they go KH route levels do matter in squenix jrpgs. About the sidequests are you forgetting about wutai for some reason? It's totally missable and is a nice change of pace.
We are born of the memes, made men by the memes, undone by the memes. Fear the old memes.
- Master Willem. Memesborne
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The generic side-quests introduced is concerning
  • Post New Message