• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The generic side-quests introduced is concerning
Guru_Clef posted...
Right. So if they’re skippable, just don’t do them? Not seeing an issue

What if they are the only way to earn Gil? Or will enemies drop Gil?
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return. -Nat King Cole

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
2 days ago#122
GodXII posted...
FF7 so called remake it is not on their own game. It is a mix of Witcher, Fallout 3 and other western games. They already did that with FFXV. Because of that it does not feel true FF.

FF7 Remake will flop, because angry true fans will not like it. After Warcraft 3 Reforge users bad reviews, FF7 Remake is next.
Naa, this game looks like it's back to focusing on the narrative like FF (and JRPGs) are known for.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.

User Info: Lukas455555

Lukas455555
2 days ago#123
digidevilwil posted...
Only thing setting FF7 apart from other games was the production values and FF7R is absolutely killing it in that regard, yet again being the best looking JRPG for its time.

In regard to sidequests. The old games didn’t have enough sidequests. You got ultimate weapons, knights of the round, omnislash, all the cool materia and bam there was barely anything to use the stuff on because we didn’t have any of these “meaningless” side quests. While I don’t want a ton of lame side quests, I would rather have content than to be like the original FF7 that lets you gear your characters up to be totally badass and then you get basically no content to utilize all your awesome materia and gear on.
Yeah i played it last year for the first time and the graphics were not what made me keep playing. It was this great jorney whithout having to kill rats
We are born of the memes, made men by the memes, undone by the memes. Fear the old memes.
- Master Willem. Memesborne

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
2 days ago#124
Lukas455555 posted...
Yeah i played it last year for the first time and the graphics were not what made me keep playing. It was this great jorney whithout having to kill rats
And? Are you saying that FF7 is the only good game? My point was that it’s production values are what allowed it to stand out like no other good game for its time. You’re right it’s a great journey and yes, you did kill an abundance of meager wildlife within the game, or did you play with random battles turned off. People acting like in the original you didn't engage in meager activities and battles, the only difference is now you're being more dramatically rewarded for doing so.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
2 days ago#125
omgeleventytwo posted...
I'm guessing a lot of people havent looked at the leaks, yet also wont be buying the game and feel qualified to give reviews on the content based on two screenshots?

It's actually quite a mixed bag of stuff to do and the structure is looking well done. Like it seems like a method that works for a game that is set in one very large location. Whether you like the story or characters, that's on you. Good and bad are subjective in fiction, no one can tell you what is good or bad, only what they THINK is good or bad. Speculation is one thing but we have actual FACTS.
I've looked at the leaks. I'm very concerned about the structure of the game. People have been selling the "Midgar only" approach by saying there will be so much more to do. The leaks showed it is largely the same events that take longer. The sewers is it's own chapter. "OH BOY, CONTENT" you say? I don't want to walk in the sewers for an hour with the only progression being the characters making tonally deaf joke banter. Moreover, we see that more plot twists and development happen at the end of Shinra HQ - when the story was already dense. It is looking like FFXV where you slowly bumble for 80% of the game and then they realize they have to dump a story on you to make it "complete".

As far as your checklist of features, I'll pick my favorite one:
There are battle objectives like people can see now with Chadley. Chadley himself is also a character that sheds a little light on Shinra and Hojo, he's not a notice board. People are claiming to want lore and character building but then ignoring the evidence that presents it.
Chadley's quests are not a toutable feature. He could just acquire new materia to sell you and nothing would be lost. Grinding battle actions to "research" materia is not real content. FFVII original would not have more content if every time you arrived at a new town you had to grind an action over and over to unlock the ability to purchase the new equipment. That is fake gameplay.

As far as Chadley's value as an NPC, I sincerely doubt it. If we wanted a window into Hojo's dark world, a generic pretty-boy that is just chilling around with you each chapter dispensing "content" is not the approach. This is cookie-cutter bulls*** that was hammered out in a brainstorming session to fill the game up with useless s*** to eat up our time.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP7lOxq8wmo8EACam5yamFuseoWkDOplr
GameFAQs Lounge playlist.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Lukas455555

Lukas455555
2 days ago#126
digidevilwil posted...
And? Are you saying that FF7 is the only good game? My point was that it’s production values are what allowed it to stand out like no other good game for its time. You’re right it’s a great journey and yes, you did kill an abundance of meager wildlife within the game, or did you play with random battles turned off. People acting like in the original you didn't engage in meager activities and battles, the only difference is now you're being more dramatically rewarded for doing so.
I'm saying there's no need to pad the game with these ffxv style quests over and over. Either we get interesting sidequests or they shouldn't even bother, because you will be underleveled for sure if you don't do them.
We are born of the memes, made men by the memes, undone by the memes. Fear the old memes.
- Master Willem. Memesborne

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
2 days ago#127
TomorrowDog posted...
I've looked at the leaks. I'm very concerned about the structure of the game. People have been selling the "Midgar only" approach by saying there will be so much more to do. The leaks showed it is largely the same events that take longer. The sewers is it's own chapter. "OH BOY, CONTENT" you say? I don't want to walk in the sewers for an hour with the only progression being the characters making tonally deaf joke banter. Moreover, we see that more plot twists and development happen at the end of Shinra HQ - when the story was already dense. It is looking like FFXV where you slowly bumble for 80% of the game and then they realize they have to dump a story on you to make it "complete".

As far as your checklist of features, I'll pick my favorite one:
Chadley's quests are not a toutable feature. He could just acquire new materia to sell you and nothing would be lost. Grinding battle actions to "research" materia is not real content. FFVII original would not have more content if every time you arrived at a new town you had to grind an action over and over to unlock the ability to purchase the new equipment. That is fake gameplay.

As far as Chadley's value as an NPC, I sincerely doubt it. If we wanted a window into Hojo's dark world, a generic pretty-boy that is just chilling around with you each chapter dispensing "content" is not the approach. This is cookie-cutter bulls*** that was hammered out in a brainstorming session to fill the game up with useless s*** to eat up our time.
I mean you had to grind limit breaks in the og in order to unlock the next one. So not all that different. Just now you have a clear set goal telling you what to do and where to go to get it done.

User Info: Reaper_ExE

Reaper_ExE
2 days ago#128
darkphoenix181 posted...
Actually seeing how they kinda made the JRPG popular in the west with games around that time or more.... it is totally their fault.

Not to mention this will be compared to og FF7. If they made this and it was 6 hours long for $60, people would wonder what is the justification when they can get og FF7 for like $10-5 and it is 100 hours etc.

Not to mention, it is also their fault they need padding in the first place since this game originally was longer than 50 hours.
OG FF7 can possibly be beaten in 8-12 hours....

Your claim that it takes 50-100 hours, is a gross exaggeration at best
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Reaper_ExE-13, FFBE = Reaper - 573887626, Last Cloudia = Reaper - 180086653

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
2 days ago#129
Reaper_ExE posted...
OG FF7 can possibly be beaten in 8-12 hours....
...By following an ultra-optimized route that includes manipulating your encounters by walking a specific number of steps.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP7lOxq8wmo8EACam5yamFuseoWkDOplr
GameFAQs Lounge playlist.

User Info: panforis

panforis
2 days ago#130
TomorrowDog posted...
...By following an ultra-optimized route that includes manipulating your encounters by walking a specific number of steps.
yeah, ppl claiming that a FF, or most other full JRPG's, can be beaten in 10 hrs or less are talking like most ppl dont know that requires an optimized play and often times skipping all cut scenes and unneeded content.

Really how do ppl even fathom that using what amounts to a super speed run as the average measure of a game to fly with anyone, but the most naive of ppl?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The generic side-quests introduced is concerning
  • Post New Message