• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The generic side-quests introduced is concerning
Magoichi posted...
It's not entirely their fault "gamers" are convinced every game needs to have at least 50 hours of total content to be worth the price tag.

Actually seeing how they kinda made the JRPG popular in the west with games around that time or more.... it is totally their fault.

Not to mention this will be compared to og FF7. If they made this and it was 6 hours long for $60, people would wonder what is the justification when they can get og FF7 for like $10-5 and it is 100 hours etc.

Not to mention, it is also their fault they need padding in the first place since this game originally was longer than 50 hours.

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
3 days ago#12
I'll do 1 or 2 of them and if they're as generic as is likely then I'll skip it. And then I suspect I'll be left with a short game, similar to Crisis Core. The main game there didn't have enough meat to support the RPG progression, you just kind of hurtled to the end and felt like you played half a game unless you played the s***ty cookie-cutter extra missions.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP7lOxq8wmo8EACam5yamFuseoWkDOplr
GameFAQs Lounge playlist.

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
3 days ago#13
darkphoenix181 posted...
Lol. They most certainly can.

They did with FFXIV, given it's a MMORPG but it is very story focused.

A lot of their Side-quests were very very dull and mind numbing that I wonder why the hell even make those quests in the first place, this to me was a example of:

Ok FFXIV Dev Writer sucks at making side-quests that they should have spent that time extending more of the Main Scenario rather than waste their time with generic quests.
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum
(edited 3 days ago)
Kaliesto posted...
Square Enix clearly hasn't learned their lesson regarding past failed attempts at this

every game maker today....
side quest from killing x number of enemy
to side quest such as back tracking and going out your way....

on one hand... everyones doing it and putting ton of repetitive content with little to no rewards with no worth while aspects.... and people accept it?!?

on other hand its been done for ages... same old same old when you get to core of it....
the only question is did they do it in a way that it felt rewarding to do....with maybe some backstory insight or powerful rewards that are balanced to the task? or did they toss it in for pure filler content and not even decide to give it balanced rewards... or rewarding rewards?

its a matter of was it done right.... or was it done poorly
cant really judge it out till we get to that point can we?... (but at same time more then likely it was done poorly...)

seeming more and more like we re-entered the darkages of gaming... where they decided to take all the worst aspects that ether go against why people liked the game... (when ff7 was the go to game it was praised on its simi turn base gameplay.... meteria combinations ect... all aspects the decided to scrap making more like newer ff games that are more or less ragged on for alot their gameplay)

not saying its all bad... but probably wont live up most real fans expactians even more to thos who seen evolution of the games (lol at all people saying their fans of ff series but then point out they never played the games below 9~11 and that this will be their 1st experiences with ff7... kinda a shame tho)
the following is sponsored by a lost bet...
play "maplestory" its fun! try it you will like it

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
3 days ago#15
Personally if I wanted to do a Monster Hunt in a game I would have compact that type of content in some type of way.

Final Fantasy X was pretty fun in this regard though the monster hunting to get them all unlocked was a tad tedious at times, but fun.

The FFX arena felt rewarding because your efforts helped unlock stronger monsters for you to challenge, and get some nice rewards out of it, that is one of the times I felt Monster Hunting side-quests was done the right way.
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: OmniChris

OmniChris
3 days ago#16
darkphoenix181 posted...
Lol. They most certainly can.

Well they could but they wont.. Midgar isn't big enough to handle that kind of sidequest structure without it being repetative as hell. I'm pretty sure SE know not to turn FF7 one of the most legendary games into a giant fetch quest game. That might of been Tabeta's way of doing things but Nomura loves pure story content.
(edited 3 days ago)
Kaliesto posted...
They did with FFXIV, given it's a MMORPG but it is very story focused.

A lot of their Side-quests were very very dull and mind numbing that I wonder why the hell even make those quests in the first place, this to me was a example of:

Ok FFXIV Dev Writer sucks at making side-quests that they should have spent that time extending more of the Main Scenario rather than waste their time with generic quests.

I skip them in FFXIV and yet the story still takes me a few days to beat not to mention the endgame scene.
I still can't fly in certain areas because they tie them to sidequests.

Ofc an mmo has the benefit of you having fun with other people. Even just hanging around in virtual space can be fun.
OmniChris posted...
Well they could but they wont.. Midgar isn't big enough to handle that kind of sidequest structure without it being repetative as hell. I'm pretty sure SE know not to turn FF7 one of the most legendary games into a giant fetch quest game. That might of been Tabeta's way of doing things but Nomura loves pure story content.

Your logic is what you want to happen, not reality.

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
3 days ago#19
Well then I'm glad I already expected all of this so no overreaction from me
The FFVII Remake is filled with loads of padding and generic filler quests?

Who’s been calling that for years? 🧐
"Hey, lady, I put the kiddies to sleep. Permanently." - Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The generic side-quests introduced is concerning
  • Post New Message