• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Story will be 15-20 hours, filled with generic hunts and fetch quests to pad it

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
1 month ago#11
blitz_0623 posted...
The battle arena fits this description tho. Not that it's an issue personally, but it's the very definition of just letting the player kill stuff and get rewards with not connection to the actual game. Of course we don't know the full extent of its engagement, and it could be possible that there are 'secret bosses' found elsewhere around Midgar that give better rewards, but I highly doubt it. It looks like it's very similar to XIII when you reach Gran Pulse

Nha, i always consider arenas their own thing since a battle arena for its own nature doesnt necessarily has to be anything more than just that: the only point is to fight and win.
Totally different from fetch quests imo since those in theory are events that happen "naturally" in the world so i expect from them to bring something more to the table. It doesnt have to be anything great btw, even something minor is ok as long as it helps to the worldbuilding (or to the characters or to wtever else, as long as its something).
Like i said some pointless fetchquest is ok in an rpg since in the end its always been quite normal, the problem is ONLY when those fetchquests are so many that they disturb the flow of the rest of the game.....but like i already said, this will definitely NOT be an issue here.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 month ago#12
wait the game had its plot and side quests leaked?
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: MancombSeepgood

MancombSeepgood
1 month ago#13
AceMos posted...
Yep. Old news at this point.

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 month ago#14
so the game is mostly just padded out fetch quests?
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: Haseo8

Haseo8
1 month ago#15
AceMos posted...
Apparently, been trying avoid all that because, unlike plenty of people apparently, I don’t want to know the entire game.
Trails of Cold Steel IV can't come soon enough.

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
1 month ago#16
VegaGG posted...
Those were some of the worst cringefest side quests i've seen in gaming.

Dr.Sheep "Plz gather mah sheeps"

Some loser "I want to go on a date. Plz go on a date with me!"

Some underaged "I sell my -not bath water- tears! Come and buy some!"

Kupo Village "kupo kupo kupo staff kupo kupo!"

Some loofy chef "Yo goddess, get me 3 apples before the world ends"

Oh and let's not forget the super HD dog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWG1C51TG5w

Nightmare fuel
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum

User Info: BrightShield786

BrightShield786
1 month ago#17
AceMos posted...
so the game is mostly just padded out fetch quests?
An extremely large chunk of it is at the very least.
"Hey, lady, I put the kiddies to sleep. Permanently." - Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts

User Info: RFC22

RFC22
1 month ago#18
So 1/2 of it is the story from the intro mission to leaving midgar and 1/2 of it is sidequests?
do the sidequests expand the lore/world building or is it kill X amount of monsters/solidiers? Or is it meeting the inhabitants and learning what their story is?
the only thing that might make it a pre-order buy is how deep the combat system is. For example, I don't want to hold one button for an auto-combo or press a button when the game tells me to dodge. If the combat is like Ff15, then I may not be interested but if its like KH, Ys 8, or Ni no kuni 2, then I would like it.
My FC is 4957-4763-9094 (Pokemon Sun) PS3: hellfighter45 D3:UE, Xenoverse 1
PSN: hellfighter44 God Eater R (VITA), DB Xenoverse 2 (PS4), Rocket League

User Info: drsw36

drsw36
1 month ago#19
VegaGG posted...
Those were some of the worst cringefest side quests i've seen in gaming.

Dr.Sheep "Plz gather mah sheeps"

Some loser "I want to go on a date. Plz go on a date with me!"

Some underaged "I sell my -not bath water- tears! Come and buy some!"

Kupo Village "kupo kupo kupo staff kupo kupo!"

Some loofy chef "Yo goddess, get me 3 apples before the world ends"

Oh and let's not forget the super HD dog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWG1C51TG5w

You clearly did not play LR. LR got some amazing side quests with great side stories.
http://www.youtube.com/user/drsw36

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 month ago#20
RFC22 posted...
So 1/2 of it is the story from the intro mission to leaving midgar and 1/2 of it is sidequests?
do the sidequests expand the lore/world building or is it kill X amount of monsters/solidiers? Or is it meeting the inhabitants and learning what their story is?
the only thing that might make it a pre-order buy is how deep the combat system is. For example, I don't want to hold one button for an auto-combo or press a button when the game tells me to dodge. If the combat is like Ff15, then I may not be interested but if its like KH, Ys 8, or Ni no kuni 2, then I would like it.

Huzzah?
http://i.imgur.com/uUeDkIG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/7Pohbfw.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Story will be 15-20 hours, filled with generic hunts and fetch quests to pad it
  • Topic Archived