• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. New info! Sidequests,dlc summons!

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
3 days ago#61
darkjeremie posted...
I never thought I'd see the day where Cactuar would be the best looking summon (so far) in a FF game, let alone in 2020.
I dunno about best looking. Chocomog, ifrit, shiva and Levi all look better in my opinion. Cactuar is just the best of the free dlc ones.

Pictocheat posted...
That looks like an Eeveelution.
Yeah pretty much haha.

manta53 posted...
That green thing looks like a s***ty pokemon, the f*** are you talking about?
Point was it has a body shape like a pomeranian and fox hybrid just like the new one’s does, but it’s head shape isn’t out of whack and distorted compared to it’s body.

User Info: Sighto

Sighto
3 days ago#62
YHWH_Saves posted...
They've said that one of their main goals is to further flesh out the inhabitants of Midgar. My guess is that you're going to spend lots of time in the slums, getting to know folk, so that when crap hits the fan, you'll actually care.
Hopefully they'll actually put some work into some of these. A lot of these look like generic quests with the characters standing in one place waving their arms around as they talk.
"You know what? Heroes get the raisins. And they choose the path."

User Info: xEnraiyax

xEnraiyax
3 days ago#63
They should have outsourced the sidequests to SEGA's Yakuza team. Those games have some nice side content.
Favorite Anime of My Time - https://pastebin.com/Qp0sTZyQ

User Info: Rude Hero

Rude Hero
3 days ago#64
xEnraiyax posted...
They should have outsourced the sidequests to SEGA's Yakuza team. Those games have some nice side content.

They really do. People only cite The Witcher as the gold standard in side quests and understandably so, but I'd put Yakuza right up there with them. I've had so much fun with Yakuza quests and cried tears of laughter many times.
Too hot to handle, too cold to hold.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
2 days ago#65
Rude Hero posted...
They really do. People only cite The Witcher as the gold standard in side quests and understandably so, but I'd put Yakuza right up there with them. I've had so much fun with Yakuza quests and cried tears of laughter many times.
Yakuza is about on par with Witcher I’d say. Some side quests are hilarious and really worth the time and effort. And tons are just pointless repeated stuff just with different people. Same as witcher.

User Info: MegaHam01

MegaHam01
2 days ago#66
I don't mind the changes they made to Tifa's outfit but she doesn't look right in this game. The others are fine though
If they are showcasing the pre order summons, does that mean they'll be available (for a fee) for those of us who can't splurge £80+ for the deluxe edition?
Gamertag : hyperopia PSN : Hyperopia
When I die I don't want no part of heaven, I would not do heaven's work well

User Info: DerekTah

DerekTah
2 days ago#68
I don’t like the idea of summons only being available dlc/preorder.
I think some people are making a bigger deal out of the fetch quests than need be. I hope they aren't boring, but honestly fetch quests aren't a problem and have really always been a part of jRPGs. The comparison to FFXV is a little silly based on the information we have right now. The problem with XV wasn't that there were a lot of fetch quests. It wasn't even that they were boring, though some of them really were. The problem is that if you took XV as it was originally released and stripped away the fetch quests, there wasn't much to the game. The story was extremely straight forward and there wasn't much to it. I'd say about 80% of the time played is doing side quests or main quests that are basically just glorified side quests. We have good reason to believe that's not really going to be the case for this game. There is a pretty strong narrative. As long as they are expanding this portion of the story in a way that makes sense, this game shouldn't wind up as an 80% side quest/20% main story deal.
Am I the only African American on earth that likes Celtic folk music? Hmmmm

User Info: Bookboy2273

Bookboy2273
2 days ago#70
to bad they could not wait and make it a a launch title for ps5 with native 4k and ray tracing, oh well part two on the ps5 in 2027 should be really good but of course we will all be dead of coronavirus and hypersonic nuclear strike.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. New info! Sidequests,dlc summons!
  • Post New Message