• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Would you be mad if there was a Kingdom Hearts or Versus XIII cameo in this game

User Info: miki_sauvester

miki_sauvester
4 days ago#1
Would you be mad if there was a Kingdom Hearts or Versus XIII cameo in this game?

Since this game is developed by Nomura, and Nomura has been connecting all the universes of the games he's been developing lately (Kingdom Hearts/TWEWY/Versus XIII), what would you think about a possible cameo from one of his other games in Final Fantasy VII Remake?

User Info: Lagunathemoron

Lagunathemoron
4 days ago#2
Imagine getting very mad about this.
No sig. Sorry.

User Info: lemon_love01

lemon_love01
4 days ago#3
If this game was like Dissidia or Kingdom Hearts acting like a hub for everyone from FF then sure I’m up for it. But this game is not so I personally won’t like it.
To see with eyes unclouded by hate.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: tanjacob715

tanjacob715
4 days ago#4
I don't like cameos in general, even if I like both the base game and the cameo game. At best, it offers nothing meaningful other than a fleeting "this is quite cool" feeling. At worst, it's jarring and breaks immersion. It's worse if I don't like the cameo game. Unless the game itself is set up as a crossover e.g. Dissidia, there's no good reason for cameos other than to pander to certain players. I'm also okay with characters like Cid since they are organic to FF and their inclusion is a series tradition.

If there must be a cameo, I'm open to Versus XIII since it's still a true FF series, but not KH since it's Disney x FF with an overwhelming Disney flavor that feels out of place in an FF setting.
"I'll just leave him be."
- Yu Narukami, Persona 4
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
4 days ago#5
The only 'cameo' I want to see (and I use cameo loosely considering the nature of the character) is the inclusion of Gilgamesh.
twitch.tv/nathanmg

User Info: TrueBURP

TrueBURP
4 days ago#6
That keepers of fate thing they did in one trailer made me raise an eybtow. Fate has never been a major theme in FF7, but is central to Fabula Nova Crystalis and Versus. And the way he seems intent on bringing his Versus themes into Kingdom Hearts, I got a bad vibe he could also try the same thing in the remake. Like "you didn't let me finish my big authoral epic, now I'll turn every game I make into it!"
SCREAM POETRY...

User Info: AndoYzerman

AndoYzerman
4 days ago#7
I want a poster of Squall on a wall somewhere.

User Info: miki_sauvester

miki_sauvester
3 days ago#8
Pretty even split so far between the two halfs.

User Info: Smiffwilm

Smiffwilm
3 days ago#9
Why would there be a Kingdom Hearts one? It doesn't need Final Fantasy!
My Mario Maker 2 ID is 6RG-5XK-JCG

User Info: throva

throva
3 days ago#10
lemon_love01 posted...
If this game was like Dissidia or Kingdom Hearts acting like a hub for everyone from FF then sure I’m up for it. But this game is not so I personally won’t like it.

angles are among us
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Would you be mad if there was a Kingdom Hearts or Versus XIII cameo in this game
  • Post New Message