• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Who is the most hated FF character?

User Info: sano83

sano83
3 days ago#161
Squall whines so much that even he realizes how dumb he sounds while whinning in that scene in disk 2 after Ellone leaves the Floating Garden to the White Seed Ship.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.

User Info: erAEISer

erAEISer
3 days ago#162
Some of you people are seriously tripping. For Squall isn't even whiny at any capacity In fact he's the most real, down-to-earth character from any FF game I've played. He just doesn't want people to talk that bull to him and he's quiet, thoughtful and won't just blurt out his thoughts. That's why I love him so much. If he is anything he is in fact Tidus's direct opposite personality-wise.

If we did a poll right here and now on who the most relatable character in the series is, Squall would be near the top, if not, the topmost on the poll. Some of you people need to stop the hate on introspective types as there is nothing wrong with us.
-Angela says hi.

sano83
3 days ago#163
erAEISer posted...
Some of you people are seriously tripping. For Squall isn't even whiny at any capacity In fact he's the most real, down-to-earth character from any FF game I've played. He just doesn't want people to talk that bull to him and he's quiet, thoughtful and won't just blurt out his thoughts. That's why I love him so much. If he is anything he is in fact Tidus's direct opposite personality-wise.

If we did a poll right here and now on who the most relatable character in the series is, Squall would be near the top, if not, the topmost on the poll. Some of you people need to stop the hate on introspective types as there is nothing wrong with us.
You can relate to someone that whines a lot if you are a whiner too.

Squall whines a lot, but to himself. The lack of voice acting make it more bearable.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.

User Info: erAEISer

erAEISer
3 days ago#164
sano83 posted...
You can relate to someone that whines a lot if you are a whiner too.

Squall whines a lot, but to himself. The lack of voice acting make it more bearable.
It's not whining but introspection. He doesn't want to hear people who have nothing of worth to talk about bother him with it. If you're not introspective yourself, you probably wouldn't understand this. I forgive you though.
-Angela says hi.

sano83
3 days ago#165
That is cool, you don't need to read most of Squall lines if you press the Ok button too fast.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.
I like Squall, but give him Tidus’ VA and have his inner monologue be voiced, and he’d be unbearable.

And that’s more of a knock on Tidus’ VA. It’s awful and just sounds naturally whiney. Him voicing Squall’s inner thoughts (which is a lot of complaining) would make him sound so much more whiney than he actually is.

Tidus will always be pure cheese with weird daddy issues, but give him a more stoic voice that can convey emotion like a normal human being and he’s probably more tolerable.
1: Metal Gear Solid. 2: FFT. 3: Xenogears. 4: FFVII.
5: Vagrant Story.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
3 days ago#167
Wiegraf_Folles posted...
I like Squall, but give him Tidus’ VA and have his inner monologue be voiced, and he’d be unbearable.

And that’s more of a knock on Tidus’ VA. It’s awful and just sounds naturally whiney. Him voicing Squall’s inner thoughts (which is a lot of complaining) would make him sound so much more whiney than he actually is.

Tidus will always be pure cheese with weird daddy issues, but give him a more stoic voice that can convey emotion like a normal human being and he’s probably more tolerable.
To be fair, that was early in James Arnold Taylor's career, or so I've heard, and the directing didn't help. I've heard him do quite well elsewhere; guy does a scarily accurate imitation of Ewan McGregor of all people.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
1Tekkaman posted...
To be fair, that was early in James Arnold Taylor's career, or so I've heard, and the directing didn't help. I've heard him do quite well elsewhere; guy does a scarily accurate imitation of Ewan McGregor of all people.
Damn too bad they didn’t have him re-voice Tidus for the remaster if he’s really improved. He did a bad job the first time.
1: Metal Gear Solid. 2: FFT. 3: Xenogears. 4: FFVII.
5: Vagrant Story.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: CranberryTaco

CranberryTaco
3 days ago#169
Tidus
Snow
Rikku
1988. | Music | Dragonball Z: Kakarot / FFXIV: Shadowbringers | I really cant stand Tidus | 'Please be excite'

User Info: Drethrake

Drethrake
2 days ago#170
Wiegraf_Folles posted...

Now what if his inner monologues were voiced by Sean Connery/Morgan Freeman/Liam Neeson?
I'm a Writer and also a Gamer.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Who is the most hated FF character?
  • Post New Message