• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Who is the most hated FF character?
Lightning or Hope.
This is where the magic happens

User Info: AbsOfAbacus

AbsOfAbacus
3 days ago#152
Any voice-acted Moogle, KUPO!!!!
"You Can Always Count On Me" - Abacus AmIRighta.
I like Hope, but his character in the beginning of 13 is rough to deal with. It's hard to have sympathy for him after he acknowledges that it wasn't Snow's fault his mom died, but continues directing his anger towards him anyway just cause he needs an outlet. It's like now you're just being a spiteful child.
I agree with you, Blue. - FinalRockerdude, Vgmasta, ZeldaFan42, ObservanTeMK, Magoo111, E121Phi, re4master543, PJiddy, bloodmage3 (cont. in quote)

User Info: GeneratorLeon

GeneratorLeon
3 days ago#154
MauroMartel posted...
And Brother, who goes from being a quiet if odd guy to a clown that shows a creepy, unhealthy borderline incestuous interest on his cousin Yuna.

Yeah, I love X/X-2, including Yuna and Rikku, but you're right, Brother was ridiculous.

Drethrake posted...
A LOT

Mainly just wanted to comment on Snow being useless. From a gameplay perspective, Sentinel is the most useless role in the game. The battle system is horrendously ill-designed and Sentinel is really only there to eat a big attack and then got swapped out for something useful. The problem then is Snow must be a Commando or Ravager most of the time, and he is not the best at those things, so there's really no point using him outside of the occasional battle that might require 3 Sentinels. Granted, the game forces you into two parties anyway most of the time, so it's not like you can generally avoid using Snow until the endgame, but he just ultimately contributes so little.
XBL: Generator Leon / PSN: Exile_Leon

User Info: Drethrake

Drethrake
3 days ago#155
GeneratorLeon posted...
Mainly just wanted to comment on Snow being useless. From a gameplay perspective, Sentinel is the most useless role in the game. The battle system is horrendously ill-designed and Sentinel is really only there to eat a big attack and then got swapped out for something useful. The problem then is Snow must be a Commando or Ravager most of the time, and he is not the best at those things, so there's really no point using him outside of the occasional battle that might require 3 Sentinels. Granted, the game forces you into two parties anyway most of the time, so it's not like you can generally avoid using Snow until the endgame, but he just ultimately contributes so little.

I get what you're saying. In latter portions, Snow fails as a Ravager so you're best suited to using him as a Commando, since that is more physical in terms of damage, which is what he does best. His 5 Tier ability is a Commando ability, after all.

In the times I had Snow before Pulse, really the PalomPolom portion and his Eidolon battle were the only ones that forced you to use Sentinal. Mainly because it's required to build the Eidolon gauge and also because Hope is a piece of glass that if touched once will die and you need to activate Sentinal every now and then to draw Aggro onto Snow and off Hope. The type of strategic planning involved here gets PAINFULLY repetitive, but it shows how REQUIRED this role can be when you're forced to babysit precious Hope whose HP doesn't break 10K until really late in the game.

By the first Barthandelus battle you were able to formulate your own party mostly (Lightning being locked in still), which I ended up putting Snow and Sazh in. Mainly because of Sazh's Haste, and also Snow's high attack (not as high as Fang's, but his survivability is better than Fang's, and his Sentinal is overall better than Fang's, too.). In my first playthrough of FF13 I remember losing ALL THE TIME with a party of Lightning, Fang, and Sazh. When I switched in Snow things changed up a bit for me. I had Snow tank alot of the damage leaving Lightning and Sazh capable of building up stagger on the brute. And another interesting tidbit is that Commando's damage increases as the % gauge on the Stagger builds up. So even after you stagger the enemy, as you ravage him, the % increases. And while Snow's Ravager due to his mag is so weak, he fires out his spells REALLY fast, and stack Haste onto that, you can use a Triple Tower Rav on the staggered enemy to build it up to 800-900% and then switch all three to a Commando role and you'll just revel in watching 99,999s get spammed out over and over and watch as this guy who kept smacking you into the ground so easily goes down like a chump.

During my first visit to Gran Pulse, I promised myself in my challenge run that I'd face every single enemy, even the big ones (Exception is the Adamantoises on the Steppe because... yeah...). And on your first visit, you're kinda green, and kinda VERY breakable. The Behemoth King will rip you a new one. Using the Sentinal as Snow during these early visits almost feel VITAL to prolonging survivability. Sure, you could grind on weaker enemies until the Behemoth King does down like a chump without using a Sentinal, but does that feel as rewarding to you?

I completed every Titan trial, and for alot of them, I found a Sentinal is almost required to survive. Attacus which is Titan's final trial, is extremely fast, his damage is extremely high, and to any character who isn't Snow or Sazh (the two highest HP charas) he's liable to take you out in a single combo if you're not guarding in Sentinal Role. I remember this fight being the toughest one yet. Snow was almost a required character for this on top of Fang, because while Fang is a good Sentinal too, she's also a great Sab while Snow is not. So if you need Fang as a Sab, you need someone else there to take the hits while she's debuffing. You could always bring Vanille but out of all 6 charas I found her to be the least likeable/useful outside of the Death strategy for Adamantoise farming.

In terms of overall usefulness to my completed file in this game I'd say... Sazh > Fang > Snow > Lightning > Vanille > Hope. Once I got to Pulse outside of his Eidolon battle I never used Hope again. Vanille only for Adamantoise farming. But the other 4 I'd switch about as needed. Hope is a more defensive Synergist but learns Haste really late, whereas Sazh is a more offensive Synergist and learns Haste really early. Haste is a GODSEND when stagger building. Snow, Fang, and Lightning can spitfire spells in ravager really fast, even if both Fang and Snow have terrible Mag, it's not as important as building that stagger gauge to REALLY hand it to them once you build a high enough %.
I'm a Writer and also a Gamer.
(edited 3 days ago)
Maybe squall? Cause he’s a whiny little biotch?

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
3 days ago#157
metallica_fan21 posted...
Maybe squall? Cause he’s a whiny little biotch?
He isn't. You're thinking of Tidus.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
(edited 3 days ago)
1Tekkaman posted...
He isn't. You're thinking of Tidus.
It’s a toss up. I was thinking about him after I posted the message lol

User Info: Relinquished

Relinquished
3 days ago#159
AbsOfAbacus posted...
Any voice-acted Moogle, KUPO!!!!
DAT DISABLED COMMENT SECTION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ccC1IUTbWY

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
3 days ago#160
metallica_fan21 posted...
It’s a toss up. I was thinking about him after I posted the message lol
Hardly a tossup. Whatever Squall's negatives (which are almost invariably overstated in my experience), "whiny" is not among them.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Who is the most hated FF character?
  • Post New Message