• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Who is the most hated FF character?
From any mainline game [or FFT], which character is the most universally despised?

to clarify, the type of hate isn’t like that of a villain you love to hate, but a bad character that gets on your nerves.

HARD MODE: which character do you personally dislike, and which do you think the FF community as a whole dislikes the most?
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Vithar

Vithar
6 days ago#2
never liked Amarant, still have no clue wtf he was doing in FFIX
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360 ~ Wii: VitharU

User Info: PumpkinBelmont

PumpkinBelmont
6 days ago#3
Vithar posted...
never liked Amarant, still have no clue wtf he was doing in FFIX
He was the token black guy.

User Info: Wiegraf_Folles

Wiegraf_Folles
6 days ago#4
Snow, Hope, Vanille, Vaan, Penelo are my top 5 most hated, in no particular order.

Gotta be Snow for the consensus tho.

Dude is a massive tool with easily some of the worst dialog in the series, and is borderline useless in battle since he’s a tank in a game that basically forces you to have two attackers and a healer/buffer/debuffer at all times.
1: Metal Gear Solid. 2: FFT. 3: Xenogears. 4: FFVII.
5: Vagrant Story.

User Info: Litane

Litane
6 days ago#5
Probably the unholy trinity of Snow, Hope and Vanille. I dislike all three of those characters as well.

Snow is just ugh. Every time he opened his stupid mouth it was something about Serah! and Hero! and Save Cocoon! I couldn't stand Hope either. Nothing to do with him being whiny or anything like that, he was a kid who lost his mother at the end of the day, but the whole "Operation Nora" thing was so dumb and forced. Vanille and her annoying mannerisms are what comes to mind when I think about replaying FFXIII and I almost inevitably change my mind about doing it. She runs like a girl, prances about like an idiot and sounds like she's having an orgasm during battle. She's so anime, in the worst possible way.
I've got the house all to myself, I've got the world all to myself.

User Info: sano83

sano83
6 days ago#6
My top 10 worst characters in the franchise including Amarant, Quistis, Irvine, Lulu, Waka, Rapha (but only in a single mission) Malak (from everything before that mission), Kefka, Seifer and Jetch.

1) Amarant is the worst thing ever for tarnishing a great party. He is just an aftertought to make the party split in even numbers. Except for Chakra, everything about him sucks.
2) Qustis tries to act like she is mature but is one of the most inmature character in a game with Zell and Selphie. She sucks at her job so much that she gets fired, is forced in your party, then sucks at her job again. I wish this was like Final Fantasy Tactics where you can just reject the character.
3) Irvine is a clown. Decided to not tell the party something very important in the Galbadia Garden because "it feels bad", procceds to hit on the three female party members with the same line, sucks at his only job (this is debatable, maybe he did wanted to fail), claim he is in love since forever with one of the characters, but have no problem in let her rot in prision, his limit break requieres you to get the ammo, he is dressed as a cowbow in a world with exactly ONE cow (which is being abducted). The only good thing about him is his Triple Triad card.

The rest are unranked.

Honorable mention for the green haired dude with a crapload of technics that you have to beat every formation of enemies to get all of them in Final Fantasy VI.

I am also not a big fan of Fran. Her fugly nails and dissapointing gaze to everything are annoying as hell.

I have not played Final Fantasy XIII (and the sequels) Final Fantasy XV or Final Fantasy Type-0 yet.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
6 days ago#7
In my experience. Cait Sith for some odd reason. Also Yuffie and Rinoa, though I can admittedly understand the animus the former gets, even though I disagree.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Wiegraf_Folles

Wiegraf_Folles
6 days ago#8
sano83 posted...
My top 10 worst characters in the franchise including Amarant, Quistis, Irvine, Lulu, Waka, Rapha (but only in a single mission) Malak (from everything before that mission), Kefka, Seifer and Jetch.

1) Amarant is the worst thing ever for tarnishing a great party. He is just an aftertought to make the party split in even numbers. Except for Chakra, everything about him sucks.
2) Qustis tries to act like she is mature but is one of the most inmature character in a game with Zell and Selphie. She sucks at her job so much that she gets fired, is forced in your party, then sucks at her job again.
3) Irvine is a clown. Decided to not tell the party something very important in the Galbadia Garden because "it feels bad", procceds to hit on the three female party members with the same line, sucks at his only job (this is debatable, maybe he did wanted to fail), claim he is in love since forever with one of the characters, but have no problem in let her rot in prision, his limit break requieres you to get the ammo, he is dressed as a cowbow in a world with exactly ONE cow (which is being abducted). The only good thing about him is his Triple Triad card.

The rest are unranked.

Honorable mention for the green haired dude with a crapload of technics that you have to beat every formation of enemies to get all of them in Final Fantasy VI.
I have not played Final Fantasy XIII (and the sequels) Final Fantasy XV or Final Fantasy Type-0 yet.
Damn I think Irvine just moved up a few spots on my most hated list lol.

Pretty sure him, Zell, Selphie and Quistis benefit from not having voice acting cuz I hate them, but I don’t hate them like I hate Snow, Hope and Vanille.
1: Metal Gear Solid. 2: FFT. 3: Xenogears. 4: FFVII.
5: Vagrant Story.

User Info: jordina

jordina
6 days ago#9
I don't like Kain in FFIV. He's just pathetic tbh.

I don't particularly like Cait sith but I actually just think he needed more screentime and a better fat moogle design.

I find Zell obnoxious in FFVIII but it's been like ages since I last played it so might change.

Snow is just meh. Weakest of the FFXIII cast by far.

Dislike gladiolus in FFXV. he's the weak link in the party. He rarely says anything nice and his relationship with the others does not feel as strong.

User Info: sano83

sano83
6 days ago#10
Wiegraf_Folles posted...
Pretty sure him, Zell, Selphie and Quistis benefit from not having voice acting cuz I hate them, but I don’t hate them like I hate Snow, Hope and Vanille.
I don't hate Zell and I like Selphie (Because she is bats*** crazy).

But Quistis trying to act like she is mature is something I really hate. Specially for how things work out for Quistis.
Like in that moment at the begining (ish) of the game right after the TV station, and Quistis acting all smug tells Squall the code of the rule they should be following instead of the rule, like that situation wasn't because she couldn't contain Seifer.

jordina posted...
I find Zell obnoxious in FFVIII but it's been like ages since I last played it so might change.
The game did not change, and he still introduced with the same video, so I don't think it will change =P
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.
(edited 6 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Who is the most hated FF character?
  • Post New Message