• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Best Final Fantasy since FFX?

User Info: plasmabeam

plasmabeam
3 days ago#91
1Tekkaman posted...
What about the late whining? "But I want everything!" Don't try to tell me that line isn't whining. (And I must scoff at the idea of Tidus having a strong character arc.)

He has a strong arc because he transforms from a pampered Blitzball diva into a warrior who protects those he cares about and confronts his personal demons (chief among them being his father). You don't have to like Tidus, but objectively he has one of the strongest arcs in the series. Personally, I enjoyed watching him grow, but to each his own.
~Jacksonville Jaguars~

User Info: sano83

sano83
3 days ago#92
plasmabeam posted...
He has a strong arc because he transforms from a pampered Blitzball diva into a warrior who protects those he cares about and confronts his personal demons (chief among them being his father). You don't have to like Tidus, but objectively he has one of the strongest arcs in the series. Personally, I enjoyed watching him grow, but to each his own.
He was only a pampered Blizball diva for the first minutes of the game in Dream Zanakard. The rest of the game is a guy that everyone thinks he is crazy.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
3 days ago#93
plasmabeam posted...
Again with the misuse of "objectively." I don't see much of an arc to him at all. At the very least Cecil Harvey and Squall Leonhart have much stronger arcs.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
3 days ago#94
SavenForever posted...
About f***in time FFXII got respect.

It's all because of that awesome remaster. That has probably been the most fun game I've played this entire Gen. dropped a 125 hours into it and loved almost every second of it
Science works

sano83
3 days ago#95
InfinityOver0 posted...
It's all because of that awesome remaster. That has probably been the most fun game I've played this entire Gen. dropped a 125 hours into it and loved almost every second of it
Did you skip the original release, or you where not having that much fun with it?
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.
sano83 posted...
Final Fantasy XII.

Which is also the best Final Fantasy since Final Fantasy IX.

"Hey, lady, I put the kiddies to sleep. Permanently." - Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
3 days ago#97
sano83 posted...
Did you skip the original release, or you where not having that much fun with it?

It was OK but I think I liked it more because I was balls deep in World of Warcraft at the time and I liked the MMO style. If I never played World of Warcraft, I probably wouldn't not have liked it.

I swore off the series after FF8 and then picked up ff12 because of the MMO style. It was good enough to convince me to go back and try 9 and 10 but 8 I think will always be the biggest gaming disappointment
Science works
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: plasmabeam

plasmabeam
2 days ago#98
1Tekkaman posted...
Again with the misuse of "objectively." I don't see much of an arc to him at all. At the very least Cecil Harvey and Squall Leonhart have much stronger arcs.

@1Tekkaman 100% agree on Squall and Cecil. When it comes to measuring a character arc, I think of it like before/after photos--who they are the beginning and the end. Squall starts as a miserable loner who smiles in the company of Rinoa in the last shot of FF8, Cecil shifts from tainted knight to world-saving paladin, and Tidus jumps from whiny athlete to self-sacrificing warrior.

In general, FF4-10's protagonists had strong arcs. That why the series was so dominant back then.
~Jacksonville Jaguars~

sano83
2 days ago#99
plasmabeam posted...
Cecil shifts from tainted knight to world-saving paladin
I think that you mean bad ass Black Knight to wimpy Paladin.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
2 days ago#100
plasmabeam posted...
1Tekkaman 100% agree on Squall and Cecil. When it comes to measuring a character arc, I think of it like before/after photos--who they are the beginning and the end. Squall starts as a miserable loner who smiles in the company of Rinoa in the last shot of FF8, Cecil shifts from tainted knight to world-saving paladin, and Tidus jumps from whiny athlete to self-sacrificing warrior.

In general, FF4-10's protagonists had strong arcs. That why the series was so dominant back then.
When he's still whining right before the fight with Yunalesca, that isn't much of a jump. He is nothing compared to the Final Fantasy heroes who came before.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Best Final Fantasy since FFX?
  • Post New Message