• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Best Final Fantasy since FFX?

User Info: Aeneas11

Aeneas11
4 days ago#71
Never understood this trend in recent years to bash FFX's cast. I never thought Tidus to be that annoying either.

XII's cast on the other hand is saved by Balthier . Basch is just a boring Auron, Fran offers nothing but eye candy, Ashe is ok I guess and Vaan and Penelo...urghh, we don't need to go into this again. The side characters are decent though.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
4 days ago#72
lemon_love01 posted...
Am I the only one that has a vague memory of people hating XII back then? Then with time they started to love it so much?

I love it btw I think it’s one of the best especially gameplay wise.
I still dislike it, but I remember people loving evetything about it back when it came out. Especially FFT fans.

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
4 days ago#73
1Tekkaman posted...
Making things up out of whole cloth. How nice.
Seeing how you always complain about how he whines for the whole game, despite being told countless times that he, y'know, doesn't, don't think I'm making anything up. Not liking Tidus is fine, but at least dislike him for actual reasons instead of something that doesn't exist. That line you quoted hardly even qualifies as whining in the first place.

User Info: deathguise950

deathguise950
4 days ago#74
I just hate Tidus' english voice actor. Man he sucks. He makes the whining sound so much worse.

User Info: Omegawoof

Omegawoof
4 days ago#75
Torn between FF12 and FF13-2.

13-2 is criminally underrated because it's a sequel to a kinda bad Final Fantasy game. FF13-2 is the only good game from that trilogy.

That said, I voted for FF12 because despite how good FF13-2 was, it is still part of a overall meh trilogy. Also the ending was so bad. I know people say it's all about the journey and not the destination, I disagree. Both should play a role in the overall score of a game.

Nanaki Fan.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
4 days ago#76
Omegawoof posted...
Torn between FF12 and FF13-2.

13-2 is criminally underrated because it's a sequel to a kinda bad Final Fantasy game. FF13-2 is the only good game from that trilogy.

That said, I voted for FF12 because despite how good FF13-2 was, it is still part of a overall meh trilogy. Also the ending was so bad. I know people say it's all about the journey and not the destination, I disagree. Both should play a role in the overall score of a game.
Exactly! My take on it is, if the destination is lackluster then the journey is pointless.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: iamkumag

iamkumag
4 days ago#77
Final Fantasy XI

User Info: Nabinator

Nabinator
4 days ago#78
While I'd like to group singleplayer and multiplayer entries separately, I really gotta give kudos to XIV. Especially after the way they started, and completely turned it around and reinvigorated the entry into one of the most successful modern MMO. It's consistently praised, even by those who prefer singleplayer gaming.
Final Fantasy Type-0 or World of Final Fantasy.
Omegawoof posted...
13-2 is criminally underrated because it's a sequel to a kinda bad Final Fantasy game
13-2 is the 2nd-worst FF I have ever played and worse than 13 in almost every way.
Currently Playing: Trails of Cold Steel III
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Best Final Fantasy since FFX?
  • Post New Message