• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Best Final Fantasy since FFX?

User Info: plasmabeam

plasmabeam
4 days ago#41
GeneratorLeon posted...
XIII-3 - couldn't even get into it, time constraints need to be abolished from games (remember when it ruined the Megaman X series?)

Time constraints are the main reason why I like Valkyrie Profile 2 better than the original. Never liked being rushed, especially in an RPG.
~Jacksonville Jaguars~
GeneratorLeon posted...
XIII-2 - better than XIII, but not great and narratively quite odd
XIII-2 is worse than XIII at literally everything important, save the OST and the villain. Worse story, worse characters (somehow), worse mechanics, worse progression. I simply cannot comprehend how "it's better than XIII" became the standard view of XIII-2. Like Tekkaman with X-2, I must be missing something. Something that is connecting with players but didn't connect with me. Every moment of XIII-2, for me, was an un-fun mess, an exercise in purposeless button pressing, culminating in the worst final dungeon I have ever experienced in an FF. I regard only III as a less fun experience with the franchise (haven't played I or II beyond a few minutes).

plasmabeam posted...
if you even suggest that FF6 might be flawed in some way, people lose their s***.
The original VI was FULL of flaws (evasion, hello??) and the few "remasters" we got (if you can call them that) fixed those and just introduced all new flaws. So no matter which version you're playing, it's flawed. I say this as someone who consistently ranks VI at or near the top (my Top 5 FFs are always changing).
Currently Playing: Trails of Cold Steel III
The evasion bug is remarkably subtle unless you're aware of it, thanks to tons of gear having identical evasion and magic evasion stats, and various gear adding blocking animations that make it appear that a sword/shield/relic is blocking the attack through its evasion bonus.

For some real FF6 problems, it's all about Sketch and Palidor and character level being the most powerful stat, rendering the magicite level bonuses both redundant and a bizarre piece of mind control for many players.
Stop reporting each other. Go post in other topics and chill. -spartan99ruler (Moderator)

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
4 days ago#44
Voted for XIII-2, since it had its own distinct feel/aesthetic, and fleshed out its character decently. Still wasn't up to snuff, and cannot compare to the VI-X classics.

I don't consider FFXIV a mainline game, but it's amazing.

I also rate FFXV pretty high, but it's janky.
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God."

User Info: Auron772

Auron772
4 days ago#45
None of them are anywhere near as good as X, but I have to give it to FFXIV. It's actually a really good MMO.
"I know now that no one can give you your honor. It's something you earn for yourself by choosing to do what's right." Zuko

User Info: GeneratorLeon

GeneratorLeon
4 days ago#46
plasmabeam posted...
Time constraints are the main reason why I like Valkyrie Profile 2 better than the original. Never liked being rushed, especially in an RPG.

You like time constraints, but don't like being rushed? I don't get it. Being rushed is literally why I just said I didn't like Lightning Returns.

Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
XIII-2 is worse than XIII at literally everything important, save the OST and the villain. Worse story, worse characters (somehow), worse mechanics, worse progression. I simply cannot comprehend how "it's better than XIII" became the standard view of XIII-2. Like Tekkaman with X-2, I must be missing something. Something that is connecting with players but didn't connect with me. Every moment of XIII-2, for me, was an un-fun mess, an exercise in purposeless button pressing, culminating in the worst final dungeon I have ever experienced in an FF. I regard only III as a less fun experience with the franchise (haven't played I or II beyond a few minutes).

It was mostly the gameplay. Even though it was basically the same system as XIII, I did like the "pokemon" aspect a bit. I disliked mostly everything about XIII, so essentially because XIII-2 was less of everything in XIII, it's kinda why I liked it more. I certainly don't begrudge anyone who liked XIII, I'm glad there are people who got more out of it than I did, but the narrative did nothing for me, I loathe the battle system, and mostly don't like the characters.
XBL: Generator Leon / PSN: Exile_Leon
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
4 days ago#47
Auron772 posted...
None of them are anywhere near as good as X, but I have to give it to FFXIV. It's actually a really good MMO.
XII is better than X. Far, far better.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: jordina

jordina
4 days ago#48
I hated the idea of time limit in lightning returns that I played on easy and abused chronostasis (Ability that stops the clock for a bit) and ended up completely almost everything by day 6. That includes extinct monsters and last ones.

I remember just roaming around listening to the music for a bit then slept at an inn for the rest of the in game days.

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
4 days ago#49
Final Fantasy XII. Not even up for debate.

1Tekkaman posted...
XII is better than X. Far, far better.

Naw. You could argue the graphics and battle system is better, but X has it beaten in pretty much everything else. The music was a huge disappointment. It's not bad, but IV-X had a legendary soundtrack. This series really missing Nobuo Uematsu.
"When he at the mic you don't go next" MF DOOM
Switch FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815 3DS FC: 4313 - 2332 - 4563
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
4 days ago#50
Probably XIV, but never made it far enough to actually confirm that. I voted CC though as it was my favorite I’ve played since X.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Best Final Fantasy since FFX?
  • Post New Message