• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Best Final Fantasy since FFX?

User Info: GeneratorLeon

GeneratorLeon
5 days ago#31
X-2 - love it, but the "perfect" mission constraints are a bit annoying (my personal favorite since X)
XII - don't particularly care for it but I guess it's fine, gambits were interesting but led to the abomination that would come next
XIII - ugh
XIII-2 - better than XIII, but not great and narratively quite odd
XIII-3 - couldn't even get into it, time constraints need to be abolished from games (remember when it ruined the Megaman X series?)
XIV - haven't played much, but I think it's objectively probably the best since X, never have really heard anyone say anything bad about it
XV - I dunno. It's fine, never finished it, never drew me in.
Type-0 - also fine, plays too much like the handheld game it is, kinda wonky
Crisis Core - never finished it because I hated the battle system on a handheld, but it was otherwise fine
Tactics Adv/A2 - cute, but hardly the sequel to Tactics I think anyone wanted (this came out after X? jeez)
XBL: Generator Leon / PSN: Exile_Leon
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: linkg

linkg
5 days ago#32
Final Fantasy XII of course!

User Info: YRYRDZ

YRYRDZ
5 days ago#33
out of those I've played I want to say XIV even if it has problems
Play games.

User Info: jordina

jordina
5 days ago#34
lemon_love01 posted...
Am I the only one that has a vague memory of people hating XII back then? Then with time they started to love it so much?

I love it btw I think it’s one of the best especially gameplay wise.

I think it's because in 2006 we were all angsty teenagers and it was a bit ahead of its time.

User Info: Ruppe21

Ruppe21
4 days ago#35
I also liked 12 but I liked 13 a tad more.

User Info: Ruppe21

Ruppe21
4 days ago#36
jordina posted...
I think it's because in 2006 we were all angsty teenagers and it was a bit ahead of its time.

The biggest issue we had was that Vaan and Penelo didn't have enough dialogue and character devellopment.
The story in general was very well liked.

User Info: Korzeam

Korzeam
4 days ago#37
I don't understand what people see in FF12.
For me it's the worst FF ever made :
  • worst characters
  • worst story
  • worst battle system
  • worst music
For the battle system it's debattable but for the rest, I don't think so.

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
4 days ago#38
FFXIII for me, even if LR was by far the most fun to play (but it's hold back a bit by the relatively low production value)
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: plasmabeam

plasmabeam
4 days ago#39
Aeneas11 posted...
I'd still recommend giving it another go but as I said, although I learnt to like it a lot more now I just don't understand the love for it. No disrespect to people who love it but it's not my thing.

To me it was the most unemotional FF experience since FF4 onwards. Every FF I'd played at that point (4-10) got me emotionally involved but this was the first FF with a such a jarring choice of protagonist and a very tame villain (at least Exdeath and Ultimecia felt powerful throughout their stories and had a menacing presence). The summons were very disappointing as was the magic effects and the licence board seemed dull. Music wasn't great either and although I didn't hate any of the cast in particular I only really liked Balthier.

The gambit system, the voice acting and world map are good though, i'll give it that and I guess it's a good game in it's own right (just not a great FF in my opinion)

Now I want to give this another try. If the PS4 version ever ends up dirt cheap, I'll give it a shot.

I remember having the same issue with the lack of emotion, though. The writers didn't do the legwork to get me invested in the characters (something 4-10 excelled at) and as a result everything else felt dull.
~Jacksonville Jaguars~

User Info: plasmabeam

plasmabeam
4 days ago#40
lemon_love01 posted...
Am I the only one that has a vague memory of people hating XII back then? Then with time they started to love it so much?

I love it btw I think it’s one of the best especially gameplay wise.

Yeah, opinions on various FFs shift over time. Kind of like how FF9 went from being regarded as "Good" in the early 2000s to "OMG Best FF Evarrr!" in recent years.

When I was in high school (mid-2000s) FF7 and FFX were regarded as the undisputed best; now people insist FF6/FF9 are the best. In fact, if you even suggest that FF6 might be flawed in some way, people lose their s***.

For the record, I'm an FF8 guy, so I've always been on the outside looking in haha.
~Jacksonville Jaguars~
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Best Final Fantasy since FFX?
  • Post New Message