• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Best Final Fantasy since FFX?

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
5 days ago#21
blitz_0623 posted...
XII is not only the best since X, it's also the only good one
Unfortunately not much of a standard when you have the XIII trilogy and XV for comparison.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Griznayfiznox

Griznayfiznox
5 days ago#22
XIV. Despite being a mmo (which I'm not a fan of in general), it's the first story that's felt like a final fantasy since IX (to me).

User Info: SNSD_Sunny

SNSD_Sunny
5 days ago#23
plasmabeam posted...
X-2 has a great battle system. Never understood the venom it gets. Yes, the tone is radically different from FFX, but it's far from trash-tier.
Ill 4th this notion. X-2 was really great. I adored the class system as well as the skill-points system and getting to explore Spira to my leisure was a blast. Also Yuna's character development from beginning of X to end of X-2 is some of the best in the series, I loved seeing her be free. Boss fights were all incredibly fun and challenging and I actually enjoyed mini-games for once.

I honestly will never understand why people think its bad past the first Mt Gagazet mission, it really kicks off from there for the better.

But for the question Im going to have to go with XIV. X-2 and Type-0 are close seconds though.
Haurchefant did nothing wrong
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: DualArms

DualArms
5 days ago#24
Top three are either Final Fantasy X-2, World of Final Fantasy, and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age.

My final vote is Final Fantasy X-2.
PSN ID: ChaosRaiden999 (Blank Friend Requests will be ignored)
Youtube Channel: https://goo.gl/LJXnb8 | Reviews Blog: https://goo.gl/Qk7uyY

User Info: Aeneas11

Aeneas11
5 days ago#25
plasmabeam posted...
I lost interest in the PS2 version after 10 hours. Nothing about the game clicked with me. It seems to be the FF8 of its generation, in the sense that you either adore it or loathe it.

I'd still recommend giving it another go but as I said, although I learnt to like it a lot more now I just don't understand the love for it. No disrespect to people who love it but it's not my thing.

To me it was the most unemotional FF experience since FF4 onwards. Every FF I'd played at that point (4-10) got me emotionally involved but this was the first FF with a such a jarring choice of protagonist and a very tame villain (at least Exdeath and Ultimecia felt powerful throughout their stories and had a menacing presence). The summons were very disappointing as was the magic effects and the licence board seemed dull. Music wasn't great either and although I didn't hate any of the cast in particular I only really liked Balthier.

The gambit system, the voice acting and world map are good though, i'll give it that and I guess it's a good game in it's own right (just not a great FF in my opinion)

User Info: lonelytylenol

lonelytylenol
5 days ago#26
Tough call, but I'll actually go with the black sheep (XV).

It had s***loads of problems,
but it had great characters,
and an ending that cut me deeper than any other.

User Info: nyquist75

nyquist75
5 days ago#27
12 is better than anything that came before for gameplay reasons

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
5 days ago#28
1Tekkaman posted...
X-2's battle system is an absolute mess. Menus and everything happen at once do not go together, and trying to force it never ends well.
Funny thought when X-2s ATB is generally thought of as being the best in the series.

For me, I'll say Type-0. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Don't really get most of the complaints I've seen, but then again, haven't played it in a few years. Would say XIV, but decided to go with an offline game. I also remember liking XII, but I never got around to beating the final boss, and haven't touched it in a decade...plan on doing Zodiac Age at some point, though.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
5 days ago#29
OverlordDeath posted...
Funny thought when X-2s ATB is generally thought of as being the best in the series.

For me, I'll say Type-0. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Don't really get most of the complaints I've seen, but then again, haven't played it in a few years. Would say XIV, but decided to go with an offline game. I also remember liking XII, but I never got around to beating the final boss, and haven't touched it in a decade...plan on doing Zodiac Age at some point, though.
Widely, but not universally. I literally cannot comprehend its popularity.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: lemon_love01

lemon_love01
5 days ago#30
Am I the only one that has a vague memory of people hating XII back then? Then with time they started to love it so much?

I love it btw I think it’s one of the best especially gameplay wise.
To see with eyes unclouded by hate.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Best Final Fantasy since FFX?
  • Post New Message