• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Best Final Fantasy since FFX?

User Info: FlameMagician

FlameMagician
1 month ago#171
1Tekkaman posted...
It is a factual statement. In any case, this little exchange has served to remind me that you seldom if ever argue in good faith, so there is nothing else to say.

It isn't. And I always act in good faith. Hard to act in bad faith when you make factual statements most of the time
FFXIV Loremaster
GFAQs FFXIV Board Discord https://discord.gg/2vhdf4K

User Info: Finis-XII

Finis-XII
1 month ago#172
Hahaha, yeahhh! 😂
"This close, I can hear your heart beating. Thump, thump...that's how you sound... <3" - Chie
https://m.imgur.com/gfiAZKK

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
1 month ago#173
Tidus whines, but only for part of the game. It's hard to take Tekka seriously when he continously uses a single line entirely out of context and without understanding as evidence of whining the entire game, and thinks Vaan is the better MC in any way...but the constant arguments between him and Flame always go nowhere, just constant looping around.

Will it ever end? Probably not.

User Info: Auron772

Auron772
1 month ago#174
OverlordDeath posted...
Tidus whines, but only for part of the game. It's hard to take Tekka seriously when he continously uses a single line entirely out of context and without understanding as evidence of whining the entire game, and thinks Vaan is the better MC in any way...but the constant arguments between him and Flame always go nowhere, just constant looping around.

Will it ever end? Probably not.
I feel like this all came about when I said no FF after X has been nearly as good as X.

Also, I don't see how anyone could like Vaan more than Tidus. Vaan was just an all around forgettable character. I wouldn't even say he was bad, he was just... nothing.
"I know now that no one can give you your honor. It's something you earn for yourself by choosing to do what's right." Zuko

User Info: Litane

Litane
1 month ago#175
Auron772 posted...
I feel like this all came about when I said no FF after X has been nearly as good as X.

Also, I don't see how anyone could like Vaan more than Tidus. Vaan was just an all around forgettable character. I wouldn't even say he was bad, he was just... nothing.
I like Vaan more than Tidus for that precise reason tbh. After the first few hours Vaan wasn't that big of a presence. He piped up with a line here and there but after Bhujerba he became just another member of the party and the more interesting characters like Ashe and Balthier carried the story. Unfortunately Tidus is always there to obnoxiously remind you that "this is his story".
I've got the house all to myself, I've got the world all to myself.

User Info: Auron772

Auron772
1 month ago#176
Litane posted...
I like Vaan more than Tidus for that precise reason tbh. After the first few hours Vaan wasn't that big of a presence. He piped up with a line here and there but after Bhujerba he became just another member of the party and the more interesting characters like Ashe and Balthier carried the story. Unfortunately Tidus is always there to obnoxiously remind you that "this is his story".
That's where we'll have to agree to disagree. Tidus started out with a fairly annoying personality, but he actually grew as a character throughout the story. The same cannot be said for most characters past X. Or if they grew, it was on a downward spiral.
"I know now that no one can give you your honor. It's something you earn for yourself by choosing to do what's right." Zuko

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
1 month ago#177
Litane posted...
I like Vaan more than Tidus because he's smarter and doesn't whine.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Crimrui

Crimrui
1 month ago#178
I liked FFXII more then FFX to be honest...

User Info: Finis-XII

Finis-XII
1 month ago#179
Litane posted...
I agree with this take. Vaan is just a regular everyday guy in a story much bigger than himself, that's his purpose, and he serves it sufficiently. Balthier is the wiseguy with the big personality and Ashe was always meant to be the hero, the main player in the story. It's a lot more interesting that way.

The FF fanbase just has a really warped view of what makes good or interesting leading characters. Not everybody has to be some obnoxious, chattering, larger-than-life kid who's personality is in your face all the time or some sulky, pretentious anime cliche because Tetsuya Nomura or whoever don't know how to write anything else. XII takes a more subtle approach with its writing, that's why it stands out, and that's what I love about it.
"This close, I can hear your heart beating. Thump, thump...that's how you sound... <3" - Chie
https://m.imgur.com/gfiAZKK

User Info: Arvis_Jaggamar

Arvis_Jaggamar
1 month ago#180
Finis-XII posted...
Not everybody has to be some obnoxious, chattering, larger-than-life kid who's personality is in your face all the time or some sulky, pretentious anime cliche because Tetsuya Nomura or whoever don't know how to write anything else
I mean, I don't care about Sora but neither of those options describes him.

Finis-XII posted...
The FF fanbase just has a really warped view of what makes good or interesting leading characters.
This I can agree with, just change it to "FF GFAQs fanbase".
Currently Playing: Trails of Cold Steel III
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Best Final Fantasy since FFX?
  • Topic Archived