• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Best Final Fantasy since FFX?

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
1 month ago#101
You really love bringing that line up, don't you. Do you even know what whining is? That line doesn't qualify, no matter how you try to spin it. There's a very clear difference between Tidus at the start, and Tidus at the end...even if you refuse to judge him fairly.

User Info: plasmabeam

plasmabeam
1 month ago#102
sano83 posted...
I think that you mean bad ass Black Knight to wimpy Paladin.

I prefer him as a Dark Knight as well. Wish they would've saved his transformation till closer to the end of the game.

1Tekkaman posted...
When he's still whining right before the fight with Yunalesca, that isn't much of a jump. He is nothing compared to the Final Fantasy heroes who came before.

In most arcs, a character's flaw isn't completely overcome until the very end, so I don't see a problem with this.

~Jacksonville Jaguars~

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 month ago#103
plasmabeam posted...
I prefer him as a Dark Knight as well. Wish they would've saved his transformation till closer to the end of the game.
I rather not make him another white mage.

I think you could end having a party with 3 healers or something like that. It makes it really easy.

I played Dissidia before I played Final Fantasy IV, and I hoped that the player was able to switch between Dark Knight and Paladin. But nope.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.

User Info: Xyphas

Xyphas
1 month ago#104
1Tekkaman posted...
XII, the best since IX.

Nah fam. XII shouldn’t even be mentioned with X and IX. XII story didn’t do it for me at all. Started off promising

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
1 month ago#105
Xyphas posted...

Nah fam. XII shouldn’t even be mentioned with X and IX. XII story didn’t do it for me at all. Started off promising
X shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as the PS1 games. Even when I thought highly of it, I recognized it as a significant overall downgrade. XII was a notable step back up.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: LEMagus

LEMagus
1 month ago#106
I take a long time to make my choice, and then I didn't vote. I realize how this poll only showed me the sad truth. The last really good Final Fantasy was FFIX and it's been a while, RIP FF kinda.
I still want to be surprised by FFVII Remake but I'm scared... At least there is a good base material to rely on.

User Info: Xyphas

Xyphas
1 month ago#107
1Tekkaman posted...
X shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as the PS1 games. Even when I thought highly of it, I recognized it as a significant overall downgrade. XII was a notable step back up.

I think X was way better than VII and VIII. IX not sure. XII would have been ranked higher for me if they focused more on building the main cast relationships. The story was super boring. Everything else was decent though.

User Info: Arvis_Jaggamar

Arvis_Jaggamar
1 month ago#108
IMO it's pretty tough to sell VIII as being a better game than X. I'd say VIII and XV are about on the same level.
Currently Playing: Trails of Cold Steel III

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
1 month ago#109
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
IMO it's pretty tough to sell VIII as being a better game than X. I'd say VIII and XV are about on the same level.
It's dead easy. Better MC (not much of a standard, Tidus being bottom-tier), better supporting cast, sure as heck better romance (Tidus/Yuna is Anakin/Padme bad) more expansive world, graphics aside (not really a valid comparison, they being on different systems) the only area where X really surpasses VIII is battle system. Putting VIII on level with XV is nonsensical in the extreme.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 month ago#110
1Tekkaman posted...
better supporting cast
No. Except for Rinoa and Laguna, they are both exactly the same dumb cast.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Best Final Fantasy since FFX?
  • Topic Archived