• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Best Final Fantasy since FFX?

User Info: plasmabeam

plasmabeam
6 days ago#1
Best since FFX?

Wondering what everyone thinks is the best FF since the end of the golden era.

Note: I excluded Dissidia from the poll because I see it more as a fighting game than an RPG.
~Jacksonville Jaguars~

User Info: sano83

sano83
6 days ago#2
Final Fantasy XII.

Which is also the best Final Fantasy since Final Fantasy IX.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.

User Info: jordina

jordina
6 days ago#3
FFXII for me. My appreciation for the game has actually gone up since I got older. Sure the story falls off a cliff after the holy mountain place but the GAME makes up for it.

In reverse, my opinion of crisis core is a bit lower. It was appealing when I was like 16 but tastes change I guess. It's not bad though. It's still a part of FFVIIs world.

Unpopular opinion but X-2 is fantastic. When you accept that's it's not even trying to be like FFX theres a lot to love. Bad first impression though. I only did the hotspot missions and it was over in less than 10 hours.

When your aiming for 100 percent however, there's a lot of story and world building and the whole experience just comes together a lot better. Coming across the occasional hidden cutscene or how certain decisions you make effect the world was pretty engaging. Also the combat is excellent. Fast paced and still allows control over 3 characters. Int/HD versions also have so much added too.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Aeneas11

Aeneas11
6 days ago#4
That's a really tough question as X was the last classic offline FF game IMO.

I do like a good villain in an FF game (Ardyn was excellent) and I probably liked Noctis more than Vaan and Lightning so i'm tempted to say 15 but it's a tough choice for the wrong reasons.

User Info: Vithar

Vithar
6 days ago#5
well the choices are not great lol
11 and 14 are MMOs and 13 sucked so 12 haha :)
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360 ~ Wii: VitharU

User Info: Wiegraf_Folles

Wiegraf_Folles
6 days ago#6
Aeneas11 posted...
That's a really tough question as X was the last classic offline FF game IMO.

I do like a good villain in an FF game (Ardyn was excellent) and I probably liked Noctis more than Vaan and Lightning so i'm tempted to say 15 but it's a tough choice for the wrong reasons.
I’m right there with you. I think XII is probably the “best game”, but XV easily has the best MC/Villain combo and that weirdly matters a lot for me.
1: Metal Gear Solid. 2: FFT. 3: Xenogears. 4: FFVII.
5: Vagrant Story.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: 7656198

6 days ago#7
Hard to say. FFX was the last one I really loved. So....Crisis Core? I liked that one the most of the options I guess.
PSN: Snycher
Twitch @Snycherus & YouTube @Snycher

User Info: TaticalWarrior

TaticalWarrior
6 days ago#8
Perfect opinions doesn't exi...

sano83 posted...
Final Fantasy XII.

Which is also the best Final Fantasy since Final Fantasy IX.

Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!
jordina posted...
When your aiming for 100 percent however, there's a lot of story and world building and the whole experience just comes together a lot better. Coming across the occasional hidden cutscene or how certain decisions you make effect the world was pretty engaging. Also the combat is excellent. Fast paced and still allows control over 3 characters. Int/HD versions also have so much added too.
100% and Episode Complete have some idiotic requirements though, like not skipping scenes, pressing X to speed up dialogue, and watching commsphere scenes in full, some scenes having delayed startups so a player may never know there was a scene after watching an empty area for ten seconds*. If a player doesn't have a guide or FAQ in front of them, they'd best not be investing too much in doing it all.

Which is a shame, because the developers really put a lot of varied, open-choice content in what is essentially an asset flip sequel.

*I missed Episode Complete and the Mascot Dressphere because of this.
Stop reporting each other. Go post in other topics and chill. -spartan99ruler (Moderator)

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
6 days ago#10
XII, the best since IX.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Best Final Fantasy since FFX?
  • Post New Message