• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. There is one thing Square Enix seems to suffer from

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
2 months ago#1
Is that they don't follow through on finishing their previous worlds, and this has been a huge problem with them as it indicate commitment issues.

If anything I think it is time for SE to at least finish up their previous storylines.

FF1 was completed because of Dissidia (some debate they're alternate universes though)

FF2 doesn't have a good explanation of the existence of Hell, clearly there was a past ancient conflict (and the PSP version delved more into that with the new dungeon).

FF3 is debatable, I don't believe any more additions are really needed.

FF4 is perfect, everything is all explained in good detail and having a sequel was a nice extra.

FF5, the anime already answers this (yes there was a anime).

FF6, War of the Magi was a lost opportunity as a prequel.

FF7, the clusterf*** known as the Compilation of VII was a complete mess and having Dirge of Cerberus never getting a sequel was a bigger slap in the face. The only good one out of the bunch was Before Crisis with the Turks because it actually detailed most of the missing details that FFVII didn't explain. I keep getting this feeling that GACKT was the one f***ing it all up due to copyright money.

I really hope this Remake of FF7 will properly fix all of this, but I have my doubts.

FF8, most people tend to overlook this but the fact their Moon is a haven for Monsters should strike some question marks for some. I feel like there was more to tell about their world that never got explained, and Ultimecia too (yes we know her motivations but we don't know what pushed her to become what she is).

FF9 is honestly perfect, everything was explained (though I think there was a couple of oddities with certain towns and scenes in the game that made me scratch my head). Before anyone cries about Necron, he is a concept made manifest that pretty much represented the theme of FFIX and Kuja's own fear of death that summoned it (and he is about as equivalent to the many Personified Deities of Greek Mythology). I think a lot of people fail to that understand that.

FFX; The Zanarkand War would be nice to see one day, and whatever the hell X-3 was supposed to be.

XII, XIV, XV all suffer and will continue to suffer on one thing. Don't make a bunch of f***ing continents and leave them unexplored and untold for many years to come; if the developers can't find the time or commitment then don't add s*** at all. I can't comment on XI because I never played it, but I'm sure it has the same problems if I'm following incompetence correctly.

Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum

Kaliesto
2 months ago#2
Believe me I know some who has seen me post once thought I was a bit of a fanboy, but I'm not blind to the fact that Square Enix can be full of s*** sometimes.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
2 months ago#3
Yay?
https://i.imgur.com/5Q4YnEP.jpg

Kaliesto
2 months ago#4
Zack_Attackv1 posted...
Yay?

tldr

SE has commitment issues.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
2 months ago#5
Don't think any of Comps issues were based around Gackt. With Dirge they just went a weird direction because Nojima was left out. By the time CC came out I think they were mostly just burnt out and everyone involved was thrust upon different projects. By that point we had 2 versions of AC, Denzel OVA, Last Order OVA, BC, CC, DC, and the novels. Nomura was in charge of like 4 different games around the same time, Tabata was off on Type-0 and then XV. Not sure what Kitase was up to, and Nojima was kinda pushed into just working on KH (which he even abandoned after a bit haha) and projects for other companies.

IV was the best. Mmmm

User Info: sano83

sano83
2 months ago#6
Kaliesto posted...
FF9 is honestly perfect, everything was explained (though I think there was a couple of oddities with certain towns and scenes in the game that made me scratch my head). Before anyone cries about Necron, he is a concept made manifest that pretty much represented the theme of FFIX and Kuja's own fear of death that summoned it (and he is about as equivalent to the many Personified Deities of Greek Mythology). I think a lot of people fail to that understand that.
Quina is pretty much unexplained. Odin destroying Clerya does absolutely nothing to her. Then dissapear in Maddain Sari and appear later in Lindblum for some reason.
If you catch frogs in any but the first marsh, Quale will still give you a prize, even if most of the point of the game is "it is impossible to get there, so I have to get there.".
But the worst is, Amarant. At least Quina have its own race of weirdos that do things that are not supposed to be possible. But what the hell is Amarant. Is he a human? if so, why is he so much larger than, lets say Marcus? Why is his skin green? why does he have an oversized bike helmet??
Your hair is winter fire January embers My heart burns there too
On the off chance that you're not going to live forever, why not take a shot a being happy now?

User Info: Perkolator

Perkolator
2 months ago#7
I'd argue that the world of 12 is very fleshed out as there are multiple games that take place in Ivalice, it's just that you'd need to play all of those games and I believe one of them isn't a FF game.

User Info: PumpkinBelmont

PumpkinBelmont
2 months ago#8
sano83 posted...
Quina is pretty much unexplained. Odin destroying Clerya does absolutely nothing to her. Then dissapear in Maddain Sari and appear later in Lindblum for some reason.
If you catch frogs in any but the first marsh, Quale will still give you a prize, even if most of the point of the game is "it is impossible to get there, so I have to get there.".
But the worst is, Amarant. At least Quina have its own race of weirdos that do things that are not supposed to be possible. But what the hell is Amarant. Is he a human? if so, why is he so much larger than, lets say Marcus? Why is his skin green? why does he have an oversized bike helmet??
I thought Amarant was just a big black man.

User Info: jordina

jordina
2 months ago#9
FFXIII trilogy suffers this really bad. We do get to see an acceptable amount of cocoon but gran pulse is surprisingly not explored much further in the sequels.

Valhalla and the bhunivelze ark get it even worse. I thought Valhalla would be a dungeon at least and the bhunivelze ark seemed like it would be a setting in the third game but we just see the centre room.

On a personal note I would have liked to have seen more of zanarkand and bevelle in FFX.

User Info: TrueBURP

TrueBURP
2 months ago#10
I don't know, man. Not every fantasy world is Middle Earth, you know. Sometimes it's just fit to tell one story, and the story it's fit to tell doesn't always have to delve so much deeper into each one of its smallest details. I wouldn't be too thrilled to play a War of the Magi FF6 prequel, for instance, because it could be so dettached from the original game, it would hardly feel like the same thing. Zanarkand on FFX feels a lot like it too, all that really matters to Tidus' story and further is told within the games. And does it really matters why there's a Hell in FF2? It's just there, like many mythologies have an equivalent too. Part of the charm of Final Fantasy originally was exactly how each installment was brand new and reinvented itself, so they could focus on developing a new world and characters without restraints from previous games. And it's a lot more so in the first games, when the technical limitations was also much more prevalent on determining what could be in the game or not. The one time they choose to create a deeper mythology first to be used on various games got us Fabula Nova Chrysalys and FFXIII, and we all saw what that ammounted too.

I'll tell that Tolkien left a lot of people spoiled on what a fantasy story should be. Making the world first and everything centered around its thousands of years-long mythology is one way to tell a fantasy story, but hardly the only one. And while it's fun to sit down and imagine how the oddest details of a game world came to be, it's hardly a necessity to delve so deep into it if all it's supposed to be is just a random deus ex machina at one scene.
SCREAM POETRY...
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. There is one thing Square Enix seems to suffer from
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A