• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Does it really make that big of a difference? (Delay)

User Info: Gaming_Esquire

Gaming_Esquire
4 weeks ago#1
Predictably, the FF7R has been delayed.

I don't get it. They've had years and the release date has been set forever. Would 5 extra weeks to "polish" it really make that much of a difference, especially considering all the nerd rage it will cause? I mean, they've had a team of hundreds working on it around the clock for a long time. What can they realistically do in the extra month that would be worth the tradeoff of bad publicity and loss of good will and happy anticipation. And putting it up against Cyberpunk.
Xenogears Sound and Drama Project
https://youtu.be/Nf8x6GtqIas

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
4 weeks ago#2
The real wonder is why so many people dont understand that delaying a game for 5 weeks doesnt necessarily mean that they need to do something that takes 5 weeks in itself but most of the times instead it simply means that for wtever they were ALREADY doing they need 5 weeks more to finish.

"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: DaSarcasticGuy

DaSarcasticGuy
4 weeks ago#3
There's a LOT they can get polished in 5 weeks. If you're not happy with where your game is at, it's often better to take a lil extra time and release a higher quality game then it is to release a buggy mess that everyone bashes when it's released. That initial reaction is worth way more than the negativity of a delay. It's not even close.
"Now you're being silly. I KNOW the difference between right and wrong. I just don't care." BM ~8-bit theater~

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
4 weeks ago#4
DaSarcasticGuy posted...
That initial reaction is worth way more than the negativity of a delay. It's not even close.
....and this is also true, some troubles happening at release can heavily damage the rep for a game and even if later on those problems are corrected with a patch, it remains very hard to change an already consolidated negative opinion spread to the public, the damage is already done.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: SaintAkira7

SaintAkira7
4 weeks ago#5
Gaming_Esquire posted...
And putting it up against Cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk noped the f*** out of that window.

I was under the assumption the 5 weeks to "polish"' was an added benefit to pushing the release back into the next fiscal year, though. Maybe that holds water, maybe not.
PSN: SaintAkira42
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/18491169/

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
4 weeks ago#6
Nobody's making a big deal out of it apart from the people who already hate the game. It's just more fuel for them to add to the fire

User Info: vanishingwings

vanishingwings
4 weeks ago#7
Idk. Code Vein was delayed an entire year for "polishing" and I can tell you there really aren't any differences from how the demos played / what we saw in trailers before the delay and the final game we have now. Same could be said about the delay for ffxv, which was to "avoid a day one patch", yet they did one anyway, along with numerous ones after. I'm under the impression that the excuse "polishing" simply means they're not where they want to be with their approaching deadline and realize it's going to take more time than what was originally predicted.

Though it would still be hilarious if they delayed it just to add in something like a playable character in some extra battles because of the leaks.
here to enjoy discussing games ~

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
4 weeks ago#8
SaintAkira7 posted...
Cyberpunk noped the f*** out of that window.

I was under the assumption the 5 weeks to "polish"' was an added benefit to pushing the release back into the next fiscal year, though. Maybe that holds water, maybe not.
Yeah Cyberpunk got pushed till September so there’s no “being up against” anything. Putting it at the start of the next fiscal year is super smart business wise. Start the decade off with a smash.

5 weeks is plenty of time to put in a lot of polish, and like others mention in every thread like this it’s also likely about finishing something they had already been working on and hoped would be done by march 3rd but might need an extra week or two more to be 100% certain they can get it done in time. Not to mention 5 weeks can mean literally hundreds of bug fixes.

User Info: MancombSeepgood

MancombSeepgood
4 weeks ago#9
Gaming_Esquire posted...
Predictably, the FF7R has been delayed.

I don't get it. They've had years and the release date has been set forever. Would 5 extra weeks to "polish" it really make that much of a difference, especially considering all the nerd rage it will cause? I mean, they've had a team of hundreds working on it around the clock for a long time. What can they realistically do in the extra month that would be worth the tradeoff of bad publicity and loss of good will and happy anticipation. And putting it up against Cyberpunk.
No, they're doing it just for funsies.

User Info: BrightShield786

BrightShield786
4 weeks ago#10
TC, you should be more upset that you had to wait 5+ years for a linear chapter based Midgar retelling. 5 weeks is nothing compared to that...
"Hey, lady, I put the kiddies to sleep. Permanently." - Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Does it really make that big of a difference? (Delay)
  • Topic Archived