• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. FFX is the second most succesful and critically acclaimed game of the series

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
4 weeks ago#161
You watched any of The Outsider yet? Currently reading the book but the show looks good, at least initially.
Courage and wit have served thee well. Thou hast been promoted to the next level.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1126-dragon-quest-general

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
4 weeks ago#162
Man I knew X was divisive but I didn't expect this much push back within such a small group. Well love it or hate it I think we can all agree that it's a solid entry in the series.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

User Info: Flatchan

Flatchan
4 weeks ago#163
sano83 posted...
Yes, there is a lot of people that can't deal with people not liking what they like.
Lots of hate here from the haters who are angry that a 19 year old game gets more love and like then them.

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 weeks ago#164
Tiael posted...
You watched any of The Outsider yet? Currently reading the book but the show looks good, at least initially.
No, I have not read the book yet.
I think the newest book from King that I readed was Cell. I also watched the movie, sadly.

I was really hyped when Castle Rock was announced, but I have not watched it yet. I will catch up some day.

Flatchan posted...
Lots of hate here from the haters who are angry that a 19 year old game gets more love and like then them.
No, not really.
This thread ask why people that don't like Final Fantasy X dislike it. And then there are people that try to deny those reasons.

Brocknoth posted...
Man I knew X was divisive but I didn't expect this much push back within such a small group. Well love it or hate it I think we can all agree that it's a solid entry in the series.
It is a perfect middle of the road for me in the franchise.
That would make it a good game in general, but there are plenty of better games in the series.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Dark humor is like clean water, not everyone gets it.]

Tiael
4 weeks ago#165
sano83 posted...

No, I have not read the book yet.
I think the newest book from King that I readed was Cell. I also watched the movie, sadly.

I was really hyped when Castle Rock was announced, but I have not watched it yet. I will catch up some day.

No, not really.
This thread ask why people that don't like Final Fantasy X dislike it. And then there are people that try to deny those reasons.

It is a perfect middle of the road for me in the franchise.
That would make it a good game in general, but there are plenty of better games in the series.

Castle Rock is pretty good, season 2 especially.
Lizzy Caplan absolutely nailed it as young Annie Wilkes.

Been on a King kick lately myself, read The Dark Tower series, Duma Key, From a Buick 8, Insomnia, The Institute, The Stand, The Green Mile, The Shining, Doctor Sleep, the Bill Hodges trilogy (Mr. Mercedes, Finders Keepers, End of Watch) and now on The Outsider.
Don't know where I'll go next.

Started the Mr. Mercedes series and I liked it though there's some changes in season 2/3 I don't like, Doctor Sleep movie was pretty good too aside from a few things, and I liked IT Chapter 1/2. Cell was uh, a no though. Gerald's Game on Netflix was good however.
Courage and wit have served thee well. Thou hast been promoted to the next level.

User Info: edgefury

edgefury
4 weeks ago#166
1Tekkaman posted...
A particularly arrogant--and absurd--example of arguing by assertion.
I HAVE SPOKEN

end of discussion.
Best COD player ever

Tiael
4 weeks ago#167
Oh lord, it lives.

User Info: edgefury

edgefury
4 weeks ago#168
FFX is one of the best and most legendary PS2 games ever FACT

ffx story is absolutely brilliant and superbly written FACT

FFX has best turn based combat in history FACT

I HAVE SPOKEN
Best COD player ever

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
4 weeks ago#169
edgefury posted...
FFX is one of the best and most legendary PS2 games ever FACT

ffx story is absolutely brilliant and superbly written FACT

FFX has best turn based combat in history FACT

I HAVE SPOKEN
Hmm, PS2 RPGs I would rank above Final Fantasy X to one extent or another. . . .

Final Fantasy XII
Wild ARMs 3
Suikoden IV
Suikoden V
Xenosaga trilogy
Persona 3
Persona 4

Can't think of any others off the top of my head.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 weeks ago#170
Tiael posted...
Been on a King kick lately myself, read The Dark Tower series, Duma Key, From a Buick 8, Insomnia, The Institute, The Stand, The Green Mile, The Shining, Doctor Sleep, the Bill Hodges trilogy (Mr. Mercedes, Finders Keepers, End of Watch) and now on The Outsider.
Don't know where I'll go next.

Started the Mr. Mercedes series and I liked it though there's some changes in season 2/3 I don't like, Doctor Sleep movie was pretty good too aside from a few things, and I liked IT Chapter 1/2. Cell was uh, a no though. Gerald's Game on Netflix was good however.
I have not watched It chapter 1 or 2, it is the book for me, and maybe Tim Curry version. I hold on the 2017 movie until the second part was already announced, then I watched the trailer, saw that Bill was not bald, and decided to not care.
I really, really love the first 2/3 of The Stand. The ending was good, but not as good as the firsts parts.
I feel like I will really like The Dark Tower, but also I feel like there are just too many books on the series, so I have not read anything yet. It is finished?

You have to read Firestarter, which, along with It, is my favourite King book.
The Eyes of The Dragon is also a nice adventure little book.
Ridding In The Bullet is short but effective.
Four seasons is amazing (Apt Pupil is my favourite story of the fourth, I have not watched the movie yet).
The Dead Zone is great. Both movie and book.
I remember liking Salem's Lot while reading it, but that was when I was in my 15 or something, so maybe it doesn't hold up.
Thinner was good.
I actually liked Dreamcatcher, even if it wasn't that well recieved.

I am pretty sure I read Buick 8, but don't remember what was about. I have read The Green Mile and The Shining. I also read Gerald's Game.

Then there are books like The Tommyknockers or the one with the angry meatballs in the airport (forgot the name at the moment) that are just... weirder than anything named before.

There is one very short story, that is like 3 pages long called The Boogeyman. That thing is scary as hell.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Dark humor is like clean water, not everyone gets it.]
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. FFX is the second most succesful and critically acclaimed game of the series
  • Topic Archived