• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. FFX is the second most succesful and critically acclaimed game of the series

User Info: RedMage77

RedMage77
1 month ago#1
That's why so many hipsters hate it right?.
Damn the Patriots!

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
1 month ago#2
Nah, people hate it because of the s*** story, characters, dialogue, cut scenes, writing and people like you that make topics like this.

User Info: Dasoku

Dasoku
1 month ago#3
WhyitEarp posted...
Nah, people hate it because of the s*** story, characters, dialogue, cut scenes, writing and people like you that make topics like this.

Wow, the land of make believe!

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
1 month ago#4
Dasoku posted...
Wow, the land of make believe!
If you think anything about X’s story or characters is quality or well done it’s you that lives in a fantasy land. Go back and play it, it’s embarrassingly bad.

User Info: RedMage77

RedMage77
1 month ago#5
WhyitEarp posted...
Nah only hipsters in niche gaming forums hate the game. FFX is one of the most widely beloved and commercially successful games in the franchise.
Damn the Patriots!

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
1 month ago#6
But it is far from second best in terms of story, characters (Tidus is garbage tier), or world-building. Bottom of the mid tier at highest, and that's being generous.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: WindMouseHanpan

WindMouseHanpan
1 month ago#7
It's a mid tier game for me.
Let's plays, non-commenatated playthroughs 'n more! Come on down to Iido's Gaming Den! :D https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqZW13u9eQiTvhqKG1L6Eg

User Info: Mvsevm_of_Skin

Mvsevm_of_Skin
1 month ago#8
My 2nd favorite, right behind FFVI. I <3 Lulu & Blitzball.

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 month ago#9
There are many reasons:

It have a "corrupt church" that is done way worse than in Final Fantasy Tactics.
It have horrible field gameplay. Probably the worst of all the games I have played.
It have a battle system that starts with defined jobs, but then if you grind you can forget all about that and make 99999 damage with the Black Mage.
The cast is comprised of Yuna, which is all right, then the rest are all morons. Except Auron, who is an a******.
It have the worst mini games in the franchise. And it have valuable items locked behind said mini games.
The graphics sucks and the 3D elements clip into each other all the time.
The outfits of the characters are simply moronic.
The dialog is for little kids.
It have the worst Blue Mage in the franchise, by far.
It have one good twist, with NPC being dead but unsend, but then it play it a lot of times, making it really boring.
It have the most stupid and rage inducing scene in the franchise.
Along with Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy VI, in general, it have one of the most underdeveloped parties in the franchise.

You can pick one.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Dark humor is like clean water, not everyone gets it.]

User Info: Arkanoid

Arkanoid
1 month ago#10
It’s in my top 5 in the FF series. The story is good and the lore of the world and carries the game along with its combat Also great OST!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. FFX is the second most succesful and critically acclaimed game of the series
  • Topic Archived