• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. (*SPOILERS/LEAKS*) Man, the Watchmen of Fate have killed so much of my hype...

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
4 weeks ago#81
Brocknoth posted...
Nailed it. Honestly the original isn't perfect but the only things that really weigh it down these days are a subpar translation, graphics that haven't aged all that gracefully, and a couple unclear plot points. Personally I don't get why people still argue about the whole Jenova-roth thing because AC, among other things, put that debate to bed ages ago.
Yeah I agree it’s fine and a good game/story overall, but that it did have issues was mostly my point of “if it’s not broke don’t fix it.” Because localization alone already broke it haha. Needing AC, CC, Ultimania etc to explain things kinda furthers the point as well.

User Info: MEGAze

MEGAze
4 weeks ago#82
Brocknoth posted...
Nailed it. Honestly the original isn't perfect but the only things that really weigh it down these days are a subpar translation, graphics that haven't aged all that gracefully, and a couple unclear plot points. Personally I don't get why people still argue about the whole Jenova-roth thing because AC, among other things, put that debate to bed ages ago.
Glad you agree with my post.
RebelOfDaNew: https://t2m.io/PF0B2HLT
DallasTheManipulator: https://t2m.io/VyVj1lT5

User Info: quakeknight1991

quakeknight1991
4 weeks ago#83
BobbyRicky posted...
oof that's bad

Yeah. It might be naive but I am still hoping that they will change that line in particular before the game comes out.

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
4 weeks ago#84
Justicecho posted...
Needing AC, CC, Ultimania etc to explain things kinda furthers the point as well.

Honestly you don't even need any of that. Square just over did the whole "expanded universe" thing when they decided to make the compilation.

MEGAze posted...
Glad you agree with my post.

Uh...I didn't quote you.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

User Info: Linha-Fone

Linha-Fone
4 weeks ago#85
My take on the Watchmen, and destiny:

Destiny/fate in this case, is the will of the planet itself. As it's explained here:

Tifa: Like capital D... "Destiny"?
Red XIII: The flow of the great river that is the planet, from inception to oblivion.
Tifa: And you're saying that that flow is somehow...fixed?
Red XIII: Yes. For it is the will of the planet itself.

And the Watchmen of Fate are just the 'footsoldiers' sent by the planet to 'enforce' it's will(by influencing people's actions through whispers in their ears/minds(like when Jesse justified being in a certain place, because she heard/felt something calling her there), but since the party are able to see and interact with them(a power given by Aerith, apparently), the Watchmen are forced to take a more direct approach, and actually fight them).

But why are they enemies? Because Sephiroth corrupted them. Everything is pointing to that: Their sinister appearance, their antagonistic behavior, them flying around Sephiroth in his promotional poster, and the OWA lyrics starting to play in the opening, at the exact moment Aerith spots one of them(although they are still invisible to us, only being revealed after she touches Cloud's hand).

So basically, Sephiroth corrupted the 'will' of the planet, and now we have to fight against it/them, to stop the planet's new fate, given by Sephiroth(the "bleak future" mentioned by Barret).

That's what I think.

User Info: Rikkus_dad

Rikkus_dad
4 weeks ago#86
Linha-Fone posted...

Destiny/fate in this case, is the will of the planet itself. As it's explained here:

Red XIII: The flow of the great river that is the planet, from inception to oblivion.

And the Watchmen of Fate are just the 'footsoldiers' sent by the planet to 'enforce' it's will(by influencing people's actions through whispers in their ears/minds(like when Jesse justified being in a certain place, because she heard/felt something calling her there), but since the party are able to see and interact with them(a power given by Aerith, apparently), the Watchmen are forced to take a more direct approach, and actually fight them).

But why are they enemies? Because Sephiroth corrupted them. Everything is pointing to that: Their sinister appearance, their antagonistic behavior, them flying around Sephiroth in his promotional poster, and the OWA lyrics starting to play in the opening, at the exact moment Aerith spots one of them(although they are still invisible to us, only being revealed after she touches Cloud's hand).

So basically, Sephiroth corrupted the 'will' of the planet, and now we have to fight against it/them, to stop the planet's new fate, given by Sephiroth(the "bleak future" mentioned by Barret).

That's what I think.
Nice theory, I'd be happy if it went like this. I forgot about the Watchmen of Fate circling Sephiroth in that promotional pic.
If you don't care about something, then it's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"! Why do so many English speakers get this wrong?

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
4 weeks ago#87
Linha-Fone posted...

That's what I think.
Pretty much how it seems from all the info (non leak related since haven’t read any of it) we’ve gotten so far. I’m expecting their purpose to be paid off by the time we give the black materia over or maybe once Aerith dies we no longer can see them anymore.

User Info: miki_sauvester

miki_sauvester
4 weeks ago#88
TC, it's gonna be worse than you even imagine. Get ready for it.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. (*SPOILERS/LEAKS*) Man, the Watchmen of Fate have killed so much of my hype...
  • Topic Archived