• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: hamstergeval

hamstergeval
1 month ago#1
The world map isn't going to be anything great in the future. It's most likely going to be zone based in a FFX way. Making the game more linear and not being able to back track until the very end.

~Don't forget to quote me on that when part 2 releases~

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
1 month ago#2
You're not exactly alone in that sentiment, lots of people think that.

I personally think it'll be a mix of zones and one or two more open areas. I think it'll be a mix of XII and XV tbh. I can see the Cosmo Canyon, Gongaga, Golden Saucer, Coral areas being one big ol' explorable open world-esque area (with separate screens for the big locations and such and smatterings of small locations scattered about) with smaller zones covering the distance between other locations a la XII.

User Info: lemon_love01

lemon_love01
1 month ago#3
I wish it’s zone based with allot of quests.. but then again I wouldn’t mind seeing a semi XV open world map where Cloud drives a motorcycle.
To see with eyes unclouded by hate.

User Info: dsaddict

dsaddict
1 month ago#4
Hopefully it's closer to DQ11
"I look like a boss, I feel like a boss, I taste like a boss..." Max B

User Info: jordina

jordina
1 month ago#5
The original FFVII is somewhat divided into zones. I feel this will happen in the remake but the areas will be reasonably large.

Midgar and junon area are divided by the mythril mines.

Costa del sol area and Corel/gold saucer area are divided by mt Corel.

Corel/gold saucer area and gongaga are divided by a river that can be crossed with the buggy. Same between gongaga area and Cosmo canyon area and nibleheim area.

Nibleheim area and rocket town area of course have the mountains between them.

Of course it's possible they could do away with these checks and just have you go anywhere on the continents.

User Info: elderworm

elderworm
1 month ago#6
There have been about 50 different people on this board who have "called this". You're not special.

User Info: OmenofFate

OmenofFate
1 month ago#7
dsaddict posted...
Hopefully it's closer to DQ11

its not going to be. Ff7r is all about the OMG graphics and stuff so other areas of game development will suffer.

User Info: hamstergeval

hamstergeval
1 month ago#8
elderworm posted...
There have been about 50 different people on this board who have "called this". You're not special.

That just means that the other 50 people are just as right as I am. I never said I was special.

User Info: PumpkinBelmont

PumpkinBelmont
1 month ago#9
hamstergeval posted...
That just means that the other 50 people are just as right as I am. I never said I was special.
It does mean you didn't 'call it' though

User Info: DerekTah

DerekTah
1 month ago#10
The story was linear anyways. The big question is whether the optional areas are going to stay optional and we won’t know that until the second game at least (well stairs vs elevator might stay)
  • Topic Archived