• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I'm impressed with how they made Aerith work in the remake

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
4 weeks ago#21
The Rock says...hmm! Not bad!
http://i.imgur.com/6k27Y7G.png

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
4 weeks ago#22
orah posted...
she looks fun, especially because i'm a long range fighter in RPGs. but yes a lot of people say that she looks basic and boring.
She actually has the most visually stunning moves from what I’ve seen haha. But not my type, I’m a sword and kick type character.

User Info: judgexp

judgexp
4 weeks ago#23
She don't sell flowers in this one? What did they make her do?

User Info: erAEISer

erAEISer
4 weeks ago#24
Litane posted...
Jumping forward and bonking enemies on the head may have worked in the original, but it wouldn't have in this game and that's all the melee fighting she ever did. I'm glad she plays differently than the other characters and I wouldn't have wanted her using her staff like a damn lightsaber.
Doesn't matter to me. Having her fight in this way is akin to a character assassination. Anyway I've already decided on never using her in this game if she doesn't get a melee weapon at some point.
-Angela says hi.

User Info: erAEISer

erAEISer
4 weeks ago#25
kidesper posted...
yeah, people dont understand she only attacked because of limitations of gameplay mechanics back then. Everyone had to have regular melee attack even Barrett had some.
There was no limitation, what are you talking about? She hit things with her staff because a staff is a weapon and is what mages have to attack with. Traditional mages have a staff that they also used for melee and not only for casting magic. The fact that she's already limited to this one playstyle is why they f***ed her up. The f*** is she going to do when multiple enemies gets up in her face? Run away like a wuss? She's not some kind of wimp. Thus she needs some kind of melee. This is the girl that thought the Turks were pursuing her because they wanted her in Soldier. See, character assassination.

Technical limitations...pffffft! People need to stop spouting this type of nonsense. Her current design in this game is short-sighted, there's no other reason for it.
-Angela says hi.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
4 weeks ago#26
erAEISer posted...
There was no limitation, what are you talking about? She hit things with her staff because a staff is a weapon and is what mages have to attack with. Traditional mages have a staff that they also used for melee and not only for casting magic. The fact that she's already limited to this one playstyle is why they f***ed her up. The f*** is she going to do when multiple enemies gets up in her face? Run away like a wuss? She's not some kind of wimp. Thus she needs some kind of melee. This is the girl that thought the Turks were pursuing her because they wanted her in Soldier. See, character assassination.

Technical limitations...pffffft! People need to stop spouting this type of nonsense. Her current design in this game is short-sighted, there's no other reason for it.
If she thought the turks wanted her in soldier this isn’t a character assassination she was always just an idiot.

User Info: SirDood18

SirDood18
4 weeks ago#27
erAEISer posted...
I hate it. I want her to be a melee character. There was a certain charm to her fighting in the original and she's a completely lame white mage character. I already can tell she's gonna be the one in the sidelines for most of the game. I'll even take Tifa who I hate over her because at least they didn't f*** up the way she plays. I'm hoping that devs come to their senses and give her a melee weapon like Barret.
They should have made Cloud primarily a mage and gave Barret a bayonet the size of the Buster Sword too.
"Embrace your dreams, and... whatever happens, protect your honor... as SOLDIER!"

User Info: unitedinkilling

unitedinkilling
4 weeks ago#28
MalakTawus posted...
I totally agree, this is definitely the most fitting style imo, melee combat wouldnt make sense considering she has no physical strenght and she also has no high level martial art using the staff..........what instead she has is a great talent for magic and that is exactly what her style in this remake focuses on.

User Info: DanielsonsXe

DanielsonsXe
4 weeks ago#29
erAEISer posted...
The f*** is she going to do when multiple enemies gets up in her face? Run away like a wuss?
Kind of like she did when Reno came to see her at the Church?
erAEISer posted...
This is the girl that thought the Turks were pursuing her because they wanted her in Soldier.
An idea that was literally mocked in-game when it was said.
PSN: NinjaLeonhart

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
4 weeks ago#30
erAEISer posted...

Short sighted in what way? We also don't actually know if she possibly gets some form of a melee attack either. Also have you not watched the footage? She has an evasive parry to get out of the way of enemies so that she can fight at her comfortable range. Nothing about her fighting style looks "wuss" like, quite the opposite in fact. She fights rather elegant and nimble.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I'm impressed with how they made Aerith work in the remake
  • Topic Archived