• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I'm impressed with how they made Aerith work in the remake

User Info: 2ylyt

2ylyt
4 weeks ago#1
Way before they showed off her gameplay, I'd always wonder how they'd make Aerith work in real-time combat. Sure, she'd be whacking enemies with her staff in the original PS1 version, but it wouldn't fit her character to be using her weapon like a quarterstaff in the remake.

The whole magic bolts thing really suits her character, and I just love watching her twirl around. She looks so mesmerizing and I can't wait to play as her.
If you're willing to make an effort, anything can happen (I hope...)

User Info: lemon_love01

lemon_love01
4 weeks ago#2
I agree. I was thinking the same thing.
To see with eyes unclouded by hate.
(message deleted)

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
4 weeks ago#4
This isn't exactly a unique concept. Plenty of mage characters do this.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

User Info: silverden75

silverden75
4 weeks ago#5
Seems like she'd have the most party controle given her range and healing. I'd love to use that playstyle.
just a normal hermit with an obsession with stories.
(message deleted)

User Info: Tag365

Tag365
4 weeks ago#7
Wait isn't that supposed to be enclosed in spoiler tags?
Have an iPhone and want to develop something?Try Touch Lua, an iPhone application.
Visit http://hawwashsoft.proboards.com/ and http://touchlua.wikia.com/wiki/.

User Info: Ruppe21

Ruppe21
4 weeks ago#8
2ylyt posted...
Way before they showed off her gameplay, I'd always wonder how they'd make Aerith work in real-time combat. Sure, she'd be whacking enemies with her staff in the original PS1 version, but it wouldn't fit her character to be using her weapon like a quarterstaff in the remake.

The whole magic bolts thing really suits her character, and I just love watching her twirl around. She looks so mesmerizing and I can't wait to play as her.

I think it's terribly lazy how they did it.
It's just like the boring mage wand auto attacks from Dragon age 2 and 3 and other games.

Was it so hard to come up with a quarterstaff fighting style that fit her?
Why wouldn't it fit her character? , she fights with the staff in the original.....

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
4 weeks ago#9
2ylyt posted...

I totally agree, this is definitely the most fitting style imo, melee combat wouldnt make sense considering she has no physical strenght and she also has no high level martial art using the staff..........what instead she has is a great talent for magic and that is exactly what her style in this remake focuses on.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
4 weeks ago#10
Ruppe21 posted...
I think it's terribly lazy how they did it.
It's just like the boring mage wand auto attacks from Dragon age 2 and 3 and other games.

Was it so hard to come up with a quarterstaff fighting style that fit her?
Why wouldn't it fit her character? , she fights with the staff in the original.....
She fights like a person who’s never used a weapon before and bonks things on the head. Original didn’t really have much in the way of attack animations but at least Tifa did a bunch of different martial arts with her attacks and limits, not to mention her story specifically talks about being trained by the greatest martial artist. Barret has a gun arm, Vincent has a gun. Yuffie just throws stuff and is a ‘ninja’. Cid’s a dragoon, and cloud has his soldier training. Yuffie and cid don’t have any story reason why they should fight so well, but their animations at least lend to them having some sort of training, aerith’s lends to assuming she grabbed a staff and swung it once or twice. Randomly coming out doing wushu staff or even nangun techniques would be odd.

IF they had her go for an actual melee style I would have made her into a joke character who stumbles around and bonks things poorly. She’s not supposed to be much of a fighter. She gets pushed around quite a bit and just lives mostly trying to be in harmony with the planet and kinda with those around her. A dancer style fits her way more in that flowery spiritual sense. They also mention how Cetra are supposed to be magical by birth (or something) so giving her magical based types of attacks adds to that story wise. Would be nice if Cloud comments on her doing spells without materia too (Kinda like when Terra does magic in VI and the guys freak out). Not to mention having clear classes makes the game way better in my opinion. A mage dancer type is way cooler when you already have a dragoon lancer coming in to the game later anyway, not to mention a monk, a sword fighter, a ninja and two gunners. Plus already got Cait coming eventually as a joke fighter anyway heh.

Biggest question is how Red will play. Quick melee strikes or red mage style?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I'm impressed with how they made Aerith work in the remake
  • Topic Archived