• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. PSA: Read if you preordered the 1st Class Edition and want to keep it

User Info: Evilhero1

Evilhero1
1 month ago#1
I received an email from the Square Enix store informing me of the delay. What's weird is that I was asked to opt in to let them know I still want to keep it, if I didn't within a certain time period, it would be cancelled. Here's the email below:

Important Update regarding your FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE order (notice for customers located in the US)

Dear {{ name }},

Thank you for your preorder of:
  • FINAL FANTASY® VII REMAKE - 1ST CLASS EDITION [PS4]
We wanted to update you that the release date of this game has changed from March 3rd, 2020 to April 10th, 2020.

Please opt in below if you wish to keep your pre-order.
YOU MUST opt-in by clicking this link by Friday, February 28th to KEEP your pre-order.

If you do not opt-in to keep your pre-order by February 28th, your pre-order will be automatically cancelled. We will not be able to reinstate your pre-order, based on limited quantities available.

<button> YES KEEP MY PRE-ORDER! </button>

So yeah, be sure to keep an eye on your email for this, I'd hate for it to end up in someone's spam folder and they get their preorder cancelled. Weird that SE is doing this, never seen anything like it before.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
1 month ago#2
Odd for them to purposefully cancel people’s pre-orders.

User Info: DreamCthulhu

DreamCthulhu
1 month ago#3
I don’t pre order. Never have and never will. I almost did for this game though.

User Info: zombie_basher13

zombie_basher13
1 month ago#4
Someone can have my preorder I don't want it anymore

What are you doing on computer? Go outside it's so beautifulll! Mrawww, c'mahhh!!

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
1 month ago#5
That is seriously weird. Why would they do that? I mean it's not something overly complicated for the system. Can't they just update the data? Or maybe it's not data related and they just figure some folk might be having second thoughts and they just "wanna be sure"?

Hard to say. Kind of a s****y way to go about it if you ask me.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
1 month ago#6
zombie_basher13 posted...
Someone can have my preorder I don't want it anymore

He says as he quickly clicks over to his email and ensures his pre-order is still secure.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
1 month ago#7
Brocknoth posted...
That is seriously weird. Why would they do that? I mean it's not something overly complicated for the system. Can't they just update the data? Or maybe it's not data related and they just figure some folk might be having second thoughts and they just "wanna be sure"?

Hard to say. Kind of a s****y way to go about it if you ask me.
Now that you mention it it could be because of their sites programming. The SE store is horribly made/run.

User Info: lonelyhero24

lonelyhero24
1 month ago#8
Justicecho posted...
Now that you mention it it could be because of their sites programming. The SE store is horribly made/run.
Have you looked at the website's html coding?
Why can't we all just charge in with fully upgraded Laser swords and lvl 100 skimpy armor?

User Info: TiegerJD

TiegerJD
1 month ago#9
Have received an email from the EU store (UK). Don't have to do anything if you want to keep the pre-order. There is a link to cancel it though.

So a difference in how they are handling it by region it seems.
Vagrant Story
Level 16 Grand Master Breaker : Sweeper Of The Dark

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 month ago#10
Square are turning into real a******s.
http://i.imgur.com/YmgX9j9.jpg http://i.imgur.com/rC7fQ5N.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. PSA: Read if you preordered the 1st Class Edition and want to keep it
  • Topic Archived