• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. When can I enjoy the complete version of this game?

User Info: undeadfilth

undeadfilth
1 month ago#51
Right now, actually. The full version of FF7 released in 1997 for original Playstation:)

User Info: Rorgin

Rorgin
1 month ago#52
Time is irrelevant to SE. Final Fantasy VII will be completed simultaneously in the past and the future, both never and forever. One does not simply but the constraints of reality on Square-Sama.
At ease loser.

User Info: theraniel

theraniel
1 month ago#53
Deanyzy posted...
That's naive.

A game series like this can't wait years between installments otherwise they lose momentum. I think it's more likely that they've done at least preliminary work on each part in the five years since VIIR's announcement just so they can stagger the releases to be yearly.

People who think the game will be in active development for most of the next decade aren't thinking how financially unviable that would be. Games aren't in active development for a decade or more because the costs of such a long development cycle would be difficult to make a profit from.

XV spent many of it's years in development not being worked on until the last few years when it was rebranded and then they crunched the s*** out of it. Kingdom Hearts 3 would likely have had a similar story, they worked on bits and pieces throughout the years but the development wouldn't likely have kicked into high gear until around 2016-ish.

I think in all likelihood, we'll be getting three yearly releases and the VII series will be wrapped up.

Finally, someone who understands =)
Do, or do not. There is no "try".

User Info: theraniel

theraniel
1 month ago#54
Nathanmg posted...
What are you even basing that on? It's freaking FFVII, it'll still sell.

Basing it on common sense and slightly how the XIII sequals sold.(And that was only 2 years apart)

Part 1 sells 10mill (guess)
Part 2 3 years later sells 3mill
Part 3 3 years after that again sells 1 mill

Many of the Part 1 buyers have grown up, married, kids etc.
It's not like new people buy Part 2 if they haven't played Part 1, and if Part 1 is 3 year old they skip it.
Do, or do not. There is no "try".

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
1 month ago#55
While FFVII is a guaranteed success, time will work against it in the multi-game format since people already know where the story is headed. It's not going to be like other games you could compare it to where people won't know what will happen next.

Square will likely be looking to release each part on a (relatively) regular basis. Yearly instalments seem the most likely.

User Info: Ace_Strife

Ace_Strife
1 month ago#56
theraniel posted...
Basing it on common sense and slightly how the XIII sequals sold.(And that was only 2 years apart)

Part 1 sells 10mill (guess)
Part 2 3 years later sells 3mill
Part 3 3 years after that again sells 1 mill

Many of the Part 1 buyers have grown up, married, kids etc.
It's not like new people buy Part 2 if they haven't played Part 1, and if Part 1 is 3 year old they skip it.
And the obvious flaw in your logic is that FFVII is a bigger deal than XIII, and none of the XIII sequels were the same kind of game as XIII was, with all of the same playable party members that continues the story in a meaningful way that anyone would care about. They felt more like spinoffs than equivalent parts of an overall story. Of course they were going to sell way less.

Anyway, you can believe what you want, that the rest of the remake will be done in a few years (LOL), but don’t hold your breath.

User Info: SavenForever

SavenForever
1 month ago#57
Zack_Attackv1 posted...
You think this is funny or something?

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
1 month ago#58
Ace_Strife posted...
And the obvious flaw in your logic is that FFVII is a bigger deal than XIII, and none of the XIII sequels were the same kind of game as XIII was, with all of the same playable party members that continues the story in a meaningful way that anyone would care about. They felt more like spinoffs than equivalent parts of an overall story. Of course they were going to sell way less.

Anyway, you can believe what you want, that the rest of the remake will be done in a few years (LOL), but don’t hold your breath.

If you think that SE's gonna be developing FFVII for the next ten years then you lack understanding of profit margins, budgets and generally how businesses work.

Add the fact that SE doesn't like to overlap it's RPG releases and the likelihood that we wouldn't be getting FFVXI until VII is fully complete then the whole doom and gloom prediction of another decade of development becomes ridiculous.

Each new entry into the mainline franchise is it's own franchise with merchandise, lucrative collaborations and cross-media content. One of the reasons why they kept releasing XIII sequels was because Lightning was highly marketable for them. The stockholders won't like the idea of the next big FF franchise being released at least 14 years after XV if we are to believe the doomsayers.

User Info: Ace_Strife

Ace_Strife
1 month ago#59
I think spending 10 years developing FFXV shows that SE doesn’t care about your view of how profit margins, budgets, and businesses in general work. They’ve already spent 5 years developing part 1 of the remake. And that’s just up to Midgar. Unless the rest of the story is going to be crammed into one game and they do some drastic cuts (something they claimed was the very reason they’re doing parts), how are they going to finish this off in two years like that person I was responding to was saying? I never said it will take another 10 years to finish, but I can totally see 3 years each for the next 2 parts (assuming it’s just 2 more). So hopefully this is done by 2026? It jives with what they themselves said. Stuff like, and I’m paraphrasing, “don’t expect the other games to take significantly less time” and at last E3 “we don’t know how many parts this will be, and we haven’t started part 2 yet.”

User Info: orestesdd

orestesdd
1 month ago#60
Hectic_Harajuku posted...
From my understanding this game will be divided into arcs that Square Enix will keep releasing over a period of time.

Do we know whether 1- the number of Story DLCs has been determined? 2- the timeframe for the final story DLC?

I assume that the last story DLC will coincide with the PS5 release or early 2021 just in time to release a packaged complete edition.
I don't think it will be that fast. I believe I won't be around this earth by the time the final FF7R game will be released, for I am almost 68 y/o and with all my aches and pains, I won't last or be alive by the last installment of FF7R. So I guess SE will take at least 5 or so years to complete the full SAGA.

P.S. I hope I am wrong!
Ciao!
Human beings must be known to be loved; but Divine beings must be loved to be known. Blaise Pascal
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. When can I enjoy the complete version of this game?
  • Topic Archived