• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. No one wants smoke with FF7

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
2 months ago#11
Evan_Forever posted...
makes 0 sense
FFVII fans literally never miss a moment to hype the game up and thus it's become one of the biggest games in video game history, so it makes perfect sense. Very few games have a legacy like FFVII, and definitely no other FF game.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.

User Info: Crazy_Cobalion

Crazy_Cobalion
2 months ago#12
OmegaAP posted...
This game has their rivals shook.

They shook up nao
Jesus is God incarnate.

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
2 months ago#13
digidevilwil posted...
FFVII fans literally never miss a moment to hype the game up and thus it's become one of the biggest games in video game history, so it makes perfect sense. Very few games have a legacy like FFVII, and definitely no other FF game.
You mean very few games’ greatness is as overstated as FF VII’s. It’s absolutely a great game, but it is overrated.

User Info: OmegaAP

OmegaAP
2 months ago#14
WhyitEarp posted...
You mean very few games’ greatness is as overstated as FF VII’s. It’s absolutely a great game, but it is overrated.

how is it overrated.

the game made Sony. Litterally gave Sony a foot to stand on. Without it Sony would have lost to Nintendo and become another sega.

Final Fantasy: 10=7>6>9>4>8>15>12>5>3>2>1>13

WhyitEarp
2 months ago#15
OmegaAP posted...
how is it overrated.

the game made Sony. Litterally gave Sony a foot to stand on. Without it Sony would have lost to Nintendo and become another sega.
Hah I’m not sure I’d go that far with it, but I’m not even talking about legacy per say. I’m saying the game itself. It’s a great game, but there are quite a few other JRPGs that are better and it gets credit for doing things other game did before as well.

User Info: Evan_Forever

Evan_Forever
2 months ago#16
I don't think the original is overrated, but there is 0 correlation between the original being good and the remake being good

OmegaAP
2 months ago#17
WhyitEarp posted...
Hah I’m not sure I’d go that far with it, but I’m not even talking about legacy per say. I’m saying the game itself. It’s a great game, but there are quite a few other JRPGs that are better and it gets credit for doing things other game did before as well.

the game is great. But it’s legacy is very underrated. It’s not known as much in the west but if you do your research, the betrayal square did for Sony made them. Biggest game in the east and second biggest global for ps1. Speaking about japan only this game helped Sony next level. Gave them confidence in the own land and was the halo for Xbox at the time

WhyitEarp
2 months ago#18
OmegaAP posted...
the game is great. But it’s legacy is very underrated. It’s not known as much in the west but if you do your research, the betrayal square did for Sony made them. Biggest game in the east and second biggest global for ps1. Speaking about japan only this game helped Sony next level. Gave them confidence in the own land and was the halo for Xbox at the time
You think FF VII is underrated?? Lol

OmegaAP
2 months ago#19
WhyitEarp posted...
You think FF VII is underrated?? Lol

very much so. It made games like uncharted and god of war possible. So yeah.

User Info: Evan_Forever

Evan_Forever
2 months ago#20
OmegaAP posted...
very much so. It made games like uncharted and god of war possible. So yeah.
what
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. No one wants smoke with FF7
  • Topic Archived