• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Evan_Forever

Evan_Forever
4 weeks ago#31
Legend3000 posted...
Y’all are crazy if you honestly believe FF7 will be the better game. I can understand having a preference, but from what we’ve seen of both games, Cyberpunk blows it out of the water. Cyberpunk is what FF7 would be if you could escape those small corridors and hop over those fences to explore the entirety of the world...and of course with guns.

FF7 is one of the greatest games of all time no doubt, but from what little we’ve seen of the Remake, it doesn’t look that impressive compared to other games. The blind fanboyism (literally blind) and nostalgia is going to disappoint a lot of people come April. It won’t be a terrible game (hopefully) but keep your expectations low.
Yep. If it was actually a remake of FF7, then I would consider that it could be better. But it's probably going to represent 15 more than 7.

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
4 weeks ago#32
Evan_Forever posted...
Yep. If it was actually a remake of FF7, then I would consider that it could be better. But it's probably going to represent 15 more than 7.
I dunno, how can a 1:1 remake be better? I know you would consider it, but almost ALL remasters have traditionally scored lower critically and not been as popular as their original counterparts. I can only think of RE remakes which aren't direct 1:1 that have proved to be worthy successors - though they ARE closer to the original than this fake remake. Not saying this 'remake' is gonna be better but I'd say it had better chances than a direct copy with a facelift and voiceovers to be called the 'better' game. At this point it won't be and it will never but only because it's split into multiple parts, not because they didn't do a direct remake

Evan_Forever
4 weeks ago#33
blitz_0623 posted...
I dunno, how can a 1:1 remake be better? I know you would consider it, but almost ALL remasters have traditionally scored lower critically and not been as popular as their original counterparts. I can only think of RE remakes which aren't direct 1:1 that have proved to be worthy successors - though they ARE closer to the original than this fake remake. Not saying this 'remake' is gonna be better but I'd say it had better chances than a direct copy with a facelift and voiceovers to be called the 'better' game. At this point it won't be and it will never but only because it's split into multiple parts, not because they didn't do a direct remake
The problem is the people working on this don't know what they're doing. The people who made FF7 did know what they were doing. They're running the risk of completely invalidating important aspects of the original that they probably don't understand or care for, just because they're changing stuff around. They're either doing this for no good reason, or because technology has changed. If it was a direct remake there would be more chance that the work that the team did on the original would stay in tact, and there would be less modern SE in it.

That's not to say that no one could do better than the original FF7, I think they could if they understood what made it so good. But I have 0 faith in people who clearly don't understand why people liked the original in the first place, especially when they can't even make a game as good as the original.

Like you said this is being split into multiple episodes. A huge reason why I even liked the original FF7 was because of the variety and scope of it's world. That's gone. The combat system seems more restricted than the original. Crazy materia combinations are gone and replaced with stuff like leveling up weapons. I don't think turn base was completely necessary. I love KH2's battle system, it's very satisfying and deep, but the way they design these "hybrid" gameplay systems seems just seems to lack any of the depth found in KH1, KH2 or any turn based FF. I think voice acting will come out worse than the text in the original, but it wouldn't be acceptable to launch a game of this budget without it. I think full cutscenes will be worse. There's a huge difference between text boxes appearing over the screen you were just playing on and the camera completely cutting away. These are things I think they just take for granted and throw away without even thinking about it. Then there's the stuff they change, such as the story, just because they're incompetent.

But anyway, I meant it could be better than cyberpunk(not OG ff7) if it was a direct remake.

User Info: MancombSeepgood

MancombSeepgood
4 weeks ago#34
Evan_Forever posted...
That's not to say that no one could do better than the original FF7, I think they could if they understood what made it so good. But I have 0 faith in people who clearly don't understand why people liked the original in the first place, especially when they can't even make a game as good as the original.
That's a fair point. They lost their touch after the PSX era and never quite recovered. How can they match or surpass the original if they never managed to recapture that lightning in a bottle?

User Info: Aeramis

Aeramis
4 weeks ago#35
theraniel posted...
Lol, live in denial. CP2077 will sell well at a start, but there is no way in hell Project Red can live up to the hype of The Witcher 3. It wouldn't surprise me if it gets mixed reviews by the critics.

FFVIIR = 93 or 94 on metacritic
CP2077= 84-88 range

This is what is going to happen. All the Witcher fans are going to praise CP2077 no matter what at first. They will stand behind it either if it is Great, Good, Mediocre, or Bad. It will get praised by them like it is the next coming of Christ. Then after 3 or 4 months reality will kick in for about 40-50% of those people.

Now, I'm not saying it will be a bad game or anything, but in the event that it actually isn't really up to the hype; that'll be what happens.
I will block people who give smart-ass & troll responses. I have no time for that.

Evan_Forever
4 weeks ago#36
Aeramis posted...
This is what is going to happen. All the Witcher fans are going to praise CP2077 no matter what at first. They will stand behind it either if it is Great, Good, Mediocre, or Bad. It will get praised by them like it is the next coming of Christ. Then after 3 or 4 months reality will kick in for about 40-50% of those people.

Now, I'm not saying it will be a bad game or anything, but in the event that it actually isn't really up to the hype; that'll be what happens.
You mean exactly what's going to happen with FF7R as well?

User Info: MancombSeepgood

MancombSeepgood
4 weeks ago#37
Aeramis posted...
Hype is hype. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. If they have to choose between one CD Projekt Red game and another, they'd rather not choose at all.

User Info: wwinterj25

wwinterj25
4 weeks ago#38
This is actually one of the better topics here.
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.
http://psnprofiles.com/wwinterj - https://i.imgur.com/YvP6isz.gif

User Info: lorddrakath1522

lorddrakath1522
4 weeks ago#39
wwinterj25 posted...
This is actually one of the better topics here.

No it's not.
  • Topic Archived