• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Will this game have an online mode?

User Info: Kazuyasan

Kazuyasan
6 days ago#1
Not a trolling post, I'm actually pondering about this. Most modern games have to have some form of online play right?
"Like a doctor" - Joey Diaz

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
6 days ago#2
So far, nothing has been mentioned in regards to an online mode, so I don't think it exists.

This isn't the type of game that needs an online mode anyway.

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
6 days ago#3
If anything maybe leaderboards for the VR stuff, but I don't believe so

User Info: MetalGearDogma

MetalGearDogma
6 days ago#4
Actually I dont see why not.
In theory cou could play it with two other players. Each taking a specific role

This could give a lot of variety and stategical battles. Maybe we'll have like VR missions. Like in Crisis Core and DoC you can play as a group.

(Also I HOPE this game wont force people to get a VR device. Because that would be a huge turn off)
PSN: FF7_Lissy
Hunting big ass monsters while waiting for my FF7 Remake First Class Edition! Lets play and chat and have a good time \(*3*)/
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: ShiniChan

ShiniChan
6 days ago#5
no reason to, it's an story RPG game, plus the game mechanic is not suited at all for it
proly if they want to, like people can make a custom char and battle, or an in-game card game maybe

if they have the time to create all these things and prepare a server for it, they should do that after making sure the base game qualities. SE can't even make a decent game these days, only good at marketing

User Info: vanishingwings

vanishingwings
6 days ago#6
I personally hope not. We all see how well that didn't work out for ffxv. I doubt this would be much different, so I'd prefer them not to waste time/resources making one.
here to enjoy discussing games ~
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Boltens

Boltens
6 days ago#7
15 did it to themselves with comrade if they made it where you can go out with your friends or any other survivors and explored the world instead of queuing up for missions and what not it would've been better
Yo yo yiggity yo

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
6 days ago#8
Personally, I hope not. Really hard to argue a single-player story-driven RPG needs any kind of online function, and in all honesty I'm weary of the whole thing.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Flanteus

Flanteus
6 days ago#9
Kinda wish it did, but they have yet to implement/design good online features, it could be awesome, like imagine someone joins your session and take control of any of the AI in battle to help you out or something like that.
Memento Mori
No empire lasts forever.

User Info: Boltens

Boltens
6 days ago#10
Flanteus posted...
Kinda wish it did, but they have yet to implement/design good online features, it could be awesome, like imagine someone joins your session and take control of any of the AI in battle to help you out or something like that.

Imagine them not doing anything but then again you can always set it to private if that was a real thing
Yo yo yiggity yo
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Will this game have an online mode?
  • Post New Message