• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. It makes zero sense to me when people say that a game should be priced different

User Info: Monadobuster

Monadobuster
6 days ago#1
It costs you $10 to make a robot. You’re not going to sell that robot for $6 because you’re planning on making a series of three different types of that robot. Not how it works.

So when people say a game should cost $20, it absolutely baffles me considering that these people have NO idea what the budget is on the game. It’s a whole lot of assumptions from arrogant consumers since they believe they know exactly how these things work.
Future Smash Ultimate DLC Wants: Sora, Lloyd
FFBE ID: 306, 371, 187 Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts 3 (Critical Run)

User Info: DerekTah

DerekTah
6 days ago#2
I get offered 1/3 of a robot I would not pay same price an a full robot.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
6 days ago#3
yawn
http://i.imgur.com/1tT2IU8.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Bl27Hyp.jpg

User Info: amerk

amerk
6 days ago#4
Zack_Attackv1 posted...
yawn
Very much so. TC a person who says x game should be y price means what that person will most likely not consider the game until it's within their perceived value of cost.

Most adults put a value on things they buy. Doesn't mean they can't afford the asking price; most of us can. But having the luxury to spend what we want on what we want also means being able to sit back comfortably until the price is in our asking range.

We don't care about the budget. If we don't value the product at that price being asked, it's nothing for us to exercise a bit of patience and wait.

Part 1 PS4 will probably be in the bargain bin by the end of the year once PS5 is announced just in time for the holiday sales.
(message deleted)

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
6 days ago#6
DerekTah posted...
I get offered 1/3 of a robot I would not pay same price an a full robot.
1/3 of a robot presumably cannot function as a whole. FFVIIR (part 1) is going to be a fully functional, content-packed game that can be played independently from the later installments.
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".

Monadobuster
6 days ago#7
YHWH_Saves posted...
1/3 of a robot presumably cannot function as a whole. FFVIIR (part 1) is going to be a fully functional, content-packed game that can be played independently from the later installments.

Thank you. Some people weren’t getting the point.

User Info: Jeannie13

Jeannie13
6 days ago#8
Still going to exercise my right to wait until all parts are released and there's a reasonably priced bundle: 60 bucks including all dlc that was offered.
https://twitch.tv/jeannielove

Monadobuster
6 days ago#9
Jeannie13 posted...
Still going to exercise my right to wait until all parts are released and there's a reasonably priced bundle: 60 bucks including all dlc that was offered.

That’s fine, just saying stuff like this should cost $20 or whatever is just dumb to me. Businesses have to profit somehow.

User Info: ace_spades111

ace_spades111
6 days ago#10
I mean I agree with the general idea. But I disagree with the method of proof as budgets of $60 games vary wildly. The ones that spend more just have faith in volume of sales + merchandising to kick off.

The people who try to justifying their rage... I mean they're just b****ing to b****. Instead of just walking away from the game. The game is "poorly" titled and that's the only real argument they have. That and just denying anything the company says about the game.

I mean it's fine for people for people who just found out and b**** for maybe a week and move on. But there are people who have been b****ing here for ages.

The game is a full game, just made in a way that people don't like.
The simple matter is they're splitting up an existing games story to parts and expanding each part into what they say will be complete experiences. They created a new combat system, they promise locations will be bigger in the sense that residential sector 7 won't just be 2 accessible buildings, they introduced new story elements and the assumption is they're taking a section of the game that takes maybe max 6 hours to 100% and making it what, at least 20. The game is a full game that they could have called FF7 RE part 1 or FF7 Midgar or whatever.

But again we're gonna have man babies crying here all day rather than just moving on and understanding that companies are free to make what they want for who they want.

In general there's no sense in trying to discuss concepts like budgets and development time with the average consumer. We're supposed to be wired to think f*** logic I just want a good deal. I to think this way, I just keep it to myself.
"If I'm paying $60 for part 1 I should get the rest as free updates," I think that statement is hella stupid, but I most certainly wouldn't be against it, regardless of the consequences to the company.
(edited 6 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. It makes zero sense to me when people say that a game should be priced different
  • Post New Message