• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The argument of "a delayed game is a good game"

User Info: nova_pulse

nova_pulse
6 days ago#21
sockesocke posted...
the problem with ff15 was that they didnt know wtf to do with it for the longest time. it only really started development a couple years prior to release. if they had a cllearer vision from the start and were more competent overall then ff15 would be a great game.

This and also the fan feedback .
With how much divisive is the fanbase of this series ,it isn't that wise to take their opinion and make a game . it'll end up a mixed up mess.

User Info: SavenForever

SavenForever
6 days ago#22
I'm pretty sure that quote was used for Twilight Princess, which only got delayed so it could be a launch title for the Wii anyways.

User Info: fixing_ranger

fixing_ranger
6 days ago#23
There is no way to know how far they are in development, so it is all speculations.

Delayed game IS a good game if they need several weeks to polish fully finished (but still buggy) product. However, if they still need to develop something, well, then it is a gamble about a good game (and after delay expectations are higher).

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
6 days ago#24
I'm pretty sure the argument is less of a broken game not good game, but it's all the same because it's still invalid. I haven't really seen a great game that was originally delayed. In most cases delays mean bad things like XV, Crackdown 3, etc
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
6 days ago#25
Games don't get delayed for no reason. Chances are, it's because of a bug that may not be easily fixed with a patch, probably a game-breaking one to delay the game over.

Citing a game made by a different team to paint an image of doom and gloom is just silly.

User Info: Jacien

Jacien
6 days ago#26
Rikkus_dad posted...
People love to throw that Miyamoto quote around - "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." but that became meaningless when patching games became a thing. It's simply untrue now.
Hot Take: Plus Miyamoto is a senile hack that's ruined franchises like Paper Mario and Star Fox.
"Just because it appeals to children doesn't exclude me from enjoying it."
Just imagine how much more s***ty it’d have been without the delays.

Delay =|= guaranteed good game

Delay = a better game than you otherwise would have gotten
Never forget Cait Sith #1.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The argument of "a delayed game is a good game"
  • Post New Message