• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The argument of "a delayed game is a good game"

User Info: SKN

SKN
6 days ago#1
Didn't really work for Final Fantasy 15 which by the way needed Patches even after release and somehow felt the need to keep adding dlc ( which should have been in the game at the start) so yeah that argument is pointless with Square einx when it comes to FF and then there is KH3.........lol I don't think I need to say anything regarding that.
KOF 98 is one of the best fighting games in the world
It's not always true no, but generally the idea is that it improves chances and higher quality

Development hell is a thing, after all
What are you doing on computer? Go outside it's so beautifulll! Mrawww, c'mahhh!!
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Rikkus_dad

Rikkus_dad
6 days ago#3
People love to throw that Miyamoto quote around - "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." but that became meaningless when patching games became a thing. It's simply untrue now.
If you don't care about something, then it's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"! Why do so many English speakers get this wrong?
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: oracleofire

oracleofire
6 days ago#4
The idea is FFXV would be even worse than how you think of it now if it wasn't delayed, so while it might not be "good", it's "better". I think in general the quote would be more accurate if it was "a delayed game is a better game".
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Seraphor

Seraphor
6 days ago#5
A delayed game is better than a rushed game. That doesn't necessarily make it a good game though.
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/19620823/
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Seraphor

Seraphor
6 days ago#6
Rikkus_dad posted...
People love to throw that Miyamoto quote around - "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." but that became meaningless when patching games became a thing. It's simply untrue now.
Only if a day one patch fixes everything.

Mass Effect Andromeda will always be remembered as that game with the awful facial animations.
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/19620823/

User Info: Rikkus_dad

Rikkus_dad
6 days ago#7
Seraphor posted...
Only if a day one patch fixes everything.

Mass Effect Andromeda will always be remembered as that game with the awful facial animations.
Yeah good point.
If you don't care about something, then it's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"! Why do so many English speakers get this wrong?

User Info: Uncertainty

Uncertainty
6 days ago#8
Think of when it was pushed back to. Think of games.

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
6 days ago#9
Dude it's being delayed for 1 month. They are polishing things. No major changes are going to happen in a month. Stop acting like they delayed it half a year. This quote only makes sense in the regard that they actually need to make critical changes to the game, or are just flat out not even ready to release the game. They could probably still release the game in March, and just patch the "polish" in a month later as majority of developers do these days.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.
(edited 6 days ago)
That quote is true to a certain extent but it largely depends on the situation. VIIR only has a month long delay, so this delay isn't radically changing the game and making it that much better. If it's bad, that month isn't fixing its story, content, and gameplay. If it's good, I highly doubt it was the result of that extra month unless it was just a matter of tweaking some gameplay values. The delay may improve the game in a literal sense, but one month isn't turning a potentially bad game into a potentially good game.
Roman titles, Latin names, Japanese characters, Western vehicles, and Arthurian weapons. - Final Fantasy
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The argument of "a delayed game is a good game"
  • Post New Message