• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Why exacly to companies give B.S release dates?

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
6 days ago#11
Release dates are really just estimates. They're usually not guaranteed. They can't see the future or anything like that: unexpected issues may pop up even hours before release, preventing them from releasing it. Most of the time I'd think that it isn't quite the devs fault, but it absolutely can be sometimes. Who knows if this is one of those times.
We need a law in place that these companies aren't allowed to set a release date until they know 100% it will make it, or has already gone gold. Too many fake outs lately and it's annoying
What are you doing on computer? Go outside it's so beautifulll! Mrawww, c'mahhh!!

User Info: swablu

swablu
6 days ago#13
Persona 5 too, how could I forget, I remember it was projected February that year and they pushed it. but at least they added the "sorry , but we will add jp voices", its ridiculous,

those dates were so fake, you can tell right away

I wont be surprised if they say OOPS SORRY not april, but June but we will give you a Demo and JP voices... and a free trial for athe 3 months exlusive season pass, ughhh, so frustrating
Waiting for: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III,The Last of Us Part II,Death Stranding,FF VII Remake,Persona 5 R

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
6 days ago#14
TheBonelessOne posted...

That's what I keep wondering on gamefaqs, it never ceases to surprise me.

Seriously. I assume he's trolling but there is plenty of legit stupid out there.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: ace_spades111

ace_spades111
6 days ago#15
swablu posted...
Is it to cheat for pre-orders?
hows this logic work? they let you know the delayed date ~2 months before the release date... it's not like they pulled the rug a week before releases when all the last minute pre-orders go in.

almost no one has been cheated...

people who pre-ordered before a release date was announced obviously never cared about the date to being with (tho I don't know if they were actually taking pre-orders at that point)

people who preordered because the game finally has a release date aren't necessarily cheated either because the game still has a release date. however it's fair to say their confidence in the release date could be shakey now.

the only real reason to feel cheated is if you are some how effected by the release date being changed. I'm gonna count the general discontent both categories can feel above as negligible in terms of being cheated.
I dunno maybe you're some kid who has a birthday party at or after March 3rd but before April 10th so now your chance of getting the game as a gift is possibly f***ed unless you get it as a belated present.
Or any other logical explanation...

But I gotta imagine these people are in the minority
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: SavenForever

SavenForever
6 days ago#16
To make your life hell
ace_spades111 posted...
hows this logic work? they let you know the delayed date ~2 months before the release date... it's not like they pulled the rug a week before releases when all the last minute pre-orders go in.

almost no one has been cheated...

people who pre-ordered before a release date was announced obviously never cared about the date to being with (tho I don't know if they were actually taking pre-orders at that point)

people who preordered because the game finally has a release date aren't necessarily cheated either because the game still has a release date. however it's fair to say their confidence in the release date could be shakey now.

the only real reason to feel cheated is if you are some how effected by the release date being changed. I'm gonna count the general discontent both categories can feel above as negligible in terms of being cheated.
I dunno maybe you're some kid who has a birthday party at or after March 3rd but before April 10th so now your chance of getting the game as a gift is possibly f***ed unless you get it as a belated present.
Or any other logical explanation...

But I gotta imagine these people are in the minority
people who booked vacation and cannot change it

User Info: Secramor

Secramor
6 days ago#18
I don't think developers should be able to do such without repercussions and compensation to the people who had pre-ordered the game. Offer them a refund (for those who might want a refund, if not, keep it pre ordered). Kinda ridiculous how they can't even fully back their own release date. Just slate it for "early 2020, spring 2020" etcetc.

Truly embarassing on Squares part. They're not the developers they once were and it's showing. This coming from someone who doesn't really care about the remake to begin with.

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
6 days ago#19
Stockholders
Science works

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
6 days ago#20
BusterBlue posted...
How are people this stupid?

Not to mention tc is a 12 year old account. With the intelligence of a 12 year old
Science works
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Why exacly to companies give B.S release dates?
  • Post New Message