• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Launching Right Next To Cyberpunk Is A Terrible Idea...

User Info: anyasok

anyasok
6 days ago#41
Two s***ty games launching next to each other seems ok to me!
TrueGB posted...
You people are nuts. Cyberpunk is a new IP and it has no real presence in Japan. FF7R is a remake of a beloved classic and has been eagerly anticipated the world over. Pre-orders of the game also top Amazon's pre-order charts by a large margin while Cyberpunk trails far behind. This idea that Cyberpunk is going to have any significant impact on FF7R's sales is ludicrous.

Unless FF7R is a colossal, glitchy disappointing, it will sell just fine. The real concern with FF7R is its limited platform release.

It will affect FF7R because it's similar but patently better. Both RPG's set in big dystopian cities - except Cyberpunk is an actual full game, with a fully explorable city, instead of being the prologue to a 20 year old game and only having a fraction of the city.

FF7R will be immediately overshadowed and therefore, like XV before it, be completely dependent on launch day sales.
bloop
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: OmniChris

OmniChris
6 days ago#43
FF7 Remake will be totally fine given that it's one of the most popular games on the PlayStation and probably the sole reason the PS even made it this far. :) Cyberpunk on the other hand... yeah didn't we already have a game like that, called Deus Mankind Divided.. it didn't do so well. :(
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Marozi

Marozi
6 days ago#44
OmniChris posted...
FF7 Remake will be totally fine given that it's one of the most popular games on the PlayStation and probably the sole reason the PS even made it this far. :) Cyberpunk on the other hand... yeah didn't we already have a game like that, called Deus Mankind Divided.. it didn't do so well. :(

Mankind Divided was a sequel to the very successful Human Revolution.

GT: Moondogtk PSN: Moondogtk: SFV: MovesLikeHaggar
https://i.imgur.com/sJYFRlI.jpg

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
6 days ago#45
I honestly don't think there's much overlap between the people who will buy FFVII:R, RE3 or Cyberpunk.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
The_Undying_84 posted...
Doesn't matter if it's a new IP when people believe in the developer. Being a new IP didn't stop Bloodborne and Sekiro, for example.

For that matter, while not a new IP per se, most people had never heard of The Witcher before 3, so it was effectively one.

People tend to know an IP more than a developer, not to mention for most people Square is a well known developer for many from their childhood. We need to remember that the majority of people buying these games aren't as invested in forums and all these debates as we are. Most of the buyers are a very casual crowd. They're much more likely to have heard of Square because of the multitude of games they released. CD Projekt Red is not nearly as widespread as Square is even though the Witcher was a good game.

wwinterj25 posted...
Honestly no it won't.
I don't think neither FF VII or Cyberpunk will suffer in sales though as both are two very different games and chances are folk will buy both.

Obviously I think both will do good sales wise but that wasn't the question. The fact of the matter is two projects releasing so close to eachother will effect sales. This is just basic economic principles. This is why movie studios try to space out their releases even around competition. It's why AAA games don't usually release right around each other. Many will buy both games but there are still a ton of people that will just buy one to keep them entertained and maybe will get the second some point down the line unless they've moved on to a different game entirely. The virtue of these two releasing so close to eachother means sales will be negatively effected in comparison to if they weren't competing. The question would be more to what extent are they effected.

User Info: wwinterj25

wwinterj25
6 days ago#47
TwinTail304 posted...
WRONG.

RIGHT....
Your post has no relevance to what I posted.

game freakozoid posted...
The fact of the matter is two projects releasing so close to eachother will effect sales.

The fact of the matter is it won't be by very much so nobody cares or should I say Square doesn't seem to care. They are well aware of that launch window and what that means yet still are targeting it. They certainly know more about business than you or anyone posting here for that matter.

OmniChris posted...
Cyberpunk on the other hand... yeah didn't we already have a game like that, called Deus Mankind Divided.. it didn't do so well. :(

Mankind Divided was rushed and had problems. Cyberpunk is Deus Ex done right.
One who knows nothing can understand nothing.
http://psnprofiles.com/wwinterj - https://i.imgur.com/YvP6isz.gif
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Kigalas

Kigalas
6 days ago#48
Based on the tweets I was reading yesterday, FFVII will be hurt more. Many of the people were taking about how it’s no contest because they’ve already played VII, and pointed out the Midgar-only part as a negative. Cyberpunk seems to have broad appeal.
Playing: FFXII:TZA, FFV (Quadzerkers), GTA:VC, DQXI (4x), Theatrhythm FF:Curtain Call
Streaming weekday evenings on Twitch, come check it out!

User Info: mr_guy

mr_guy
6 days ago#49
Not even a contest. Cyberpunk is going to blow FFVII out of the park in both sales numbers and review scores. It’s one thing to fool people into getting an incomplete game in a month without releases and a whole other to fool them with into getting it the same month as the most anticipated RPG for the last several years. Hell, it’s coming out after REmake 3 as well so people that are just looking to get out of the drought will go with that. Square being the same out of touch, arrogant morons as ever.

wwinterj25 posted...
he fact of the matter is it won't be by very much so nobody cares or should I say Square doesn't seem to care. They are well aware of that launch window and what that means yet still are targeting it. They certainly know more about business than you or anyone posting here for that matter.

Attempts at an attack aside do you have any evidence that it won't make much of a difference? If you are going to come out spouting absolutes then you damn well better be able to back it up.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Launching Right Next To Cyberpunk Is A Terrible Idea...
  • Post New Message