• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Launching Right Next To Cyberpunk Is A Terrible Idea...

User Info: TwinTail304

TwinTail304
1 week ago#31
wwinterj25 posted...
Honestly no it won't.
I don't think neither FF VII or Cyberpunk will suffer in sales though as both are two very different games and chances are folk will buy both.
WRONG. FF8 had to compete with several very different games and that's how it got the reputationof being a bad game. People look at the poor launch sales and just go, "Look! It's bad!" Meanwhile, FF7 had literally zero competition, which is why it sold so well. FF7 is now in the exact same situation that FF8 was in, all those years ago.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Mikexl

Mikexl
1 week ago#32
I don't think it's going to hurt either game.

User Info: Litane

Litane
1 week ago#33
TwinTail304 posted...
WRONG. FF8 had to compete with several very different games and that's how it got the reputationof being a bad game. People look at the poor launch sales and just go, "Look! It's bad!" Meanwhile, FF7 had literally zero competition, which is why it sold so well. FF7 is now in the exact same situation that FF8 was in, all those years ago.
FFVIII didn't have poor launch sales. It was the fastest selling game in the franchise for years until FFXV released simultaneously worldwide. It sold very well in fact, mostly off the back of VII's fanbase.
I've got the house all to myself, I've got the world all to myself.

TwinTail304
1 week ago#34
Litane posted...
FFVIII didn't have poor launch sales. It was the fastest selling game in the franchise for years until FFXV released simultaneously worldwide. It sold very well in fact, mostly off the back of VII's fanbase.
Yet the sales were poor enough that it got a bad reputation. Which is why I'm laughing.

User Info: Litane

Litane
1 week ago#35
TwinTail304 posted...
Yet the sales were poor enough that it got a bad reputation. Which is why I'm laughing.
It's sales were not poor. At all. It got a bad reputation because some people thought it sucked (I was one of them btw).

FFIX was an example of a game that has a negative stigma over not selling well.

I've got the house all to myself, I've got the world all to myself.

User Info: sleepercell99

sleepercell99
1 week ago#36
TwinTail304 posted...
No crap. FF8 released alongside several big games, which negatively impacted it's sales so hard, that people STILL think it's a bad game based on those numbers. FF7 released with ZERO competition, which is why it did so well. I guarantee you that it will end up in the same situation as FF8 did all those years ago.
just curious, what big games came out around the time of FF8?

TwinTail304
1 week ago#37
sleepercell99 posted...
just curious, what big games came out around the time of FF8?
Silent Hill, Super Smash Bros, Guardians Crusade, and Mario Party, to name the biggest ones. 3 of them hold up to this day, and the 4th...not so much, but it's still a fun casual game.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
1 week ago#38
You people are nuts. Cyberpunk is a new IP and it has no real presence in Japan. FF7R is a remake of a beloved classic and has been eagerly anticipated the world over. Pre-orders of the game also top Amazon's pre-order charts by a large margin while Cyberpunk trails far behind. This idea that Cyberpunk is going to have any significant impact on FF7R's sales is ludicrous.

Unless FF7R is a colossal, glitchy disappointing, it will sell just fine. The real concern with FF7R is its limited platform release.
Future Billionaire

User Info: sleepercell99

sleepercell99
1 week ago#39
TrueGB posted...
You people are nuts. Cyberpunk is a new IP and it has no real presence in Japan. FF7R is a remake of a beloved classic and has been eagerly anticipated the world over. Pre-orders of the game also top Amazon's pre-order charts by a large margin while Cyberpunk trails far behind. This idea that Cyberpunk is going to have any significant impact on FF7R's sales is ludicrous.

Unless FF7R is a colossal, glitchy disappointing, it will sell just fine. The real concern with FF7R is its limited platform release.
Japan doesn't really matter in global sales anymore

besides Smash, none of the top 10 highest-selling games of 2019 were popular in Japan
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
1 week ago#40

Some of us didn't even like The Witcher.

sleepercell99 posted...
Japan doesn't really matter in global sales anymore

none of the top 20 highest-selling games of 2019 were popular in Japan

False. KH3, Super Smash, and RE2make are part of 2019's top selling games according to the NDP that were also considered to be very popular in Japan. As for Japan's sales power, I know Granblue is a billion dollar behemoth with over 20 million downloads, and that's just the original game. A traditional console version is supposedly planned for release soon.

This willful and flagrant spread of misinformation is disturbing. If it's just ignorance, then I'll accept your apology.
Future Billionaire
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Launching Right Next To Cyberpunk Is A Terrible Idea...
  • Post New Message