• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Launching Right Next To Cyberpunk Is A Terrible Idea...

User Info: sleepercell99

sleepercell99
1 week ago#1
who's sales will be more affected (for the worse)?

seems like a terrible idea to launch right next to arguably the most hyped AAA game of the year...

I'm honestly thinking I might put FFVll:R on the shelf for a while until I beat Cyberpunk.

March 3rd was so perfect too....ugh, Square Enix and their inabilty to stick to a release date.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Marozi

Marozi
1 week ago#2
Cyberpunk's a multi-genre juggernaut with Keanu f***ing Reeves in it. Even people who aren't huge into tabletop roleplaying games (which is where Cyberpunk hails from) will probably get into it based on CDPR's fantastic reputation and the hype-train and aesthetic alone.

On top of that, the first-person nature of the game, with stealth and hacking (and melee) elements will snag the people who don't care about the RPG elements but just like shooting dudes.

I'm getting both; grew up with JRPGs and WRPGs, but if I had to prioritize I'd pick Cyberpunk first. I know FF7. I don't know a damn thing about what's gonna happen plot-wise in Cyberpunk, except a few lorebits (like what Keanu's character means).
GT: Moondogtk PSN: Moondogtk: SFV: MovesLikeHaggar
https://i.imgur.com/sJYFRlI.jpg
its getting delayed again,they know putting it close to cyberpunk is a bad idea

that's like releasing cod with battlefield on the same week
(edited 1 week ago)
With the extra touch up and polish in the delay. FFVII Remake will be more than perfect and Square will have nothing to fear from Cyberpunk 2077.
Waiting for Senpai to blank me.
Honestly this will hurt Cyberpunk's sales more. While many are hyped for Cyberpunk it is still a new IP compared to FF7 which has had high fan demand for a remake for at least a decade. This game is one of the most hyped games out there. Plus FF7 is releasing first. Unless you can only afford one game then there isn't really a reason for anyone who would have gotten both to just skip getting FF7 now because you can still play it while you wait for Cyberpunk to release.

However, there will be many people that will hold off on getting Cyberpunk because they are still playing through FF7 and want to complete it first.

User Info: luigi33

luigi33
1 week ago#6
game freakozoid posted...
While many are hyped for Cyberpunk it is still a new IP compared to FF7
I'm pretty sure Cyberpunk Ip is far older than FFVII
3DS FC: 5370-0672-9935
Steam ID: Xcyper33
game freakozoid posted...
Honestly this will hurt Cyberpunk's sales more. While many are hyped for Cyberpunk it is still a new IP compared to FF7 which has had high fan demand for a remake for at least a decade.
I agree. The guys are really overestimating the cyberpunk genre, it's niche. Blade Runner flopped, Deus Ex flopped. 2077 can be different, it's being made by a prestigious studio and everyone loves the devs, but you never know.
Relax, it's just a game.

User Info: Testa-Rossa

Testa-Rossa
1 week ago#8
Who even remembers Cyberpunk is coming?
luigi33 posted...
I'm pretty sure Cyberpunk Ip is far older than FFVII

I should clarify. The overall IP is but this is pretty much the first AAA videogame featuring it as far as I'm aware. Not to mention the overall franchise itself is much less popular and widespread than Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy itself is also an older franchise than Cyberpunk too.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Marozi

Marozi
1 week ago#10
Cyberpunk 2020 (which 2077 is based on) was published in 1988. The US version of Final Fantasy I was released in 1990.

GT: Moondogtk PSN: Moondogtk: SFV: MovesLikeHaggar
https://i.imgur.com/sJYFRlI.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Launching Right Next To Cyberpunk Is A Terrible Idea...
  • Post New Message