• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Seems like Jessie might be a possibility for Part 1 after all...

User Info: orah

orah
1 week ago#91
meteora88 posted...
Not once, did I deny what SE have shown us so far.

I'm not even talking about that stuff.

This is what I mean. You're not even listening/reading to what I'm saying. We're not even on the same page of discussion lol.
okay then but then why did you bring up something completely different than the topic at hand.

We are not even talking about the same things at all.

Aerith is not related to this at all so I don't see any reason why she keeps being brought up. I didn't bring her up so not sure what you're on about.
because people keep saying "she dies so it doesn't count" when the damn thing happens to aerith but i don't hear s*** from them about that.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: JairusTLS

JairusTLS
1 week ago#92
If you're not denying what SE has shown us, meteora, then you shouldn't be denying what it means, either. And what we've been shown means that Cloud and Jessie are likely to form a romantic connection between them in the time they have together, even if it's just only realizing at the end in the pillar how and what they feel. The attraction is there right from the start in the first mission. If it wasn't, he'd have been as cold and uncaring to her as he was to the guys at that time. But he didn't do that. And he didn't avoid or rebuff her interest in him. That is what we've been shown, whether you like it or not or want to admit it or not.

It's in SE's best interest to shake up the LTD and keep it fresh and interesting, and there's no better way to do that than to add a new participant to the mix for Part 1 and thus, give the LTD an expansion and broader scope that it wouldn't otherwise have.
Final Fantasy VII: Lifestream - An Unofficial Novelization
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13341346/1/Final-Fantasy-VII-Lifestream
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
1 week ago#93
JairusTLS posted...
Stepan, the way he treats her in the demo clearly shows he's not indifferent. There's a clear difference between how he treats her and how he treats the guys. You just want her to be less, and it's influencing your perceptions. You don't even say what rules you're talking about. Orah just laid it out quite clearly. You're just terrified of change and, like meteora, want the LTD to remain stale and stodgy without anything to liven it up. It never even occurs to either of you that Jessie's arc could actually contribute to those of the other two girls.

Why Jessie should not be elevated to additional love interest :

1 It would be throwing more s*** into an already complex situation, and changing the dynamics between the main characters. Tifa, Aeris and Cloud have a lot of emotional baggage of their own to work through, they have to develop feelings (romantic and otherwise) towards each other over the course of three games. Those arcs begin during the first episode. They are interacting with each other from the very beginning. Having an additional, significant love interest in the first game just adds an extra layer of bulls*** that is not necessary. How does Tifa feel about Jessie going after Cloud? Jealous? Happy for them? Is she more stand-offish towards Cloud due to this romantic involvement? Does Aeris consider Jessie a rival? If they present Jessie as a significant character, and a love interest for the main character, then the writers have to add a lot of crap about how that relationship affects Aeris, Tifa, Cloud. Why bother? What does that add to the story?

2 - It changes the perception of Clouds personality. He goes after any woman he sees now, like some sort of dudebro. Jessie -> Aeris -> Tifa? Is he just moving quickly through relationships? The game takes place over a relatively short period. It cheapens his relationships, because it makes it seem that they are not that important. It also cheapens what happens to Aeris, as Jessie x Cloud arc would be basically Aeris x Cloud in a microcosm.

3 - In the first part of the game he is off his head. He does not need a love interest at all. In the previous thread you made a big deal about each game is a separate entity. True, but there does not need to be a romantic aspect to the first game at all.

4 - If they are going to promote Jessie to have a major role in the story, what about Biggs and Wedge? Wouldn't it be strange to have one npc with a whole lot of dialog but the other two still with nothing much to do or say? They need to colour in all three characters with the same level of detail (roughly speaking).

Anyway thats all Ive got to say. I have to say I smell trolling, I refuse to believe that these two are being genuine. They are talking such nonsense. Im not being dragged into 500 posts of rubbish. Promoting Jessie to a major character/love interest would be stupid. It would add nothing to the story, add a needless complication. There is no evidence in any of the leaks that its going to happen. Keep writing bad fanfic orah and the other dude, but lets keep it out of (hopefully) well written games.

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 week ago#94
orah posted...
okay then but then why did you bring up something completely different than the topic at hand.
because people keep saying "she dies so it doesn't count" when the damn thing happens to aerith but i don't hear s*** from them about that.

Difference between Jessie and Aerith in that regard is, Aerith is still a main cast character with a pivotal role in the story, while the same can't be said for Jessie.

That's the only worthwhile point. Their deaths have nothing to do with anything imo.

JairusTLS posted...
If you're not denying what SE has shown us, meteora, then you shouldn't be denying what it means, either. And what we've been shown means that Cloud and Jessie are likely to form a romantic connection between them in the time they have together, even if it's just only realizing at the end in the pillar how and what they feel.

Why do you keep talking about this point?

I already said that this isn't what I'm referring to.

I've seen the trailers and the demo. I've seen what you're referring to. I'm not even denying what we've been seeing/shown.

You're not even listening anymore I swear lol.

Do you even know what my main point is, or what I'm even talking about?
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 week ago#95
stepan618 posted...
Why Jessie should not be elevated to additional love interest :

1 It would be throwing more s*** into an already complex situation, and changing the dynamics between the main characters. Tifa, Aeris and Cloud have a lot of emotional baggage of their own to work through, they have to develop feelings (romantic and otherwise) towards each other over the course of three games. Those arcs begin during the first episode. They are interacting with each other from the very beginning. Having an additional, significant love interest in the first game just adds an extra layer of bulls*** that is not necessary. How does Tifa feel about Jessie going after Cloud? Jealous? Happy for them? Is she more stand-offish towards Cloud due to this romantic involvement? Does Aeris consider Jessie a rival? If they present Jessie as a significant character, and a love interest for the main character, then the writers have to add a lot of crap about how that relationship affects Aeris, Tifa, Cloud. Why bother? What does that add to the story?

2 - It changes the perception of Clouds personality. He goes after any woman he sees now, like some sort of dudebro. Jessie -> Aeris -> Tifa? Is he just moving quickly through relationships? The game takes place over a relatively short period. It cheapens his relationships, because it makes it seem that they are not that important. It also cheapens what happens to Aeris, as Jessie x Cloud arc would be basically Aeris x Cloud in a microcosm.

3 - In the first part of the game he is off his head. He does not need a love interest at all. In the previous thread you made a big deal about each game is a separate entity. True, but there does not need to be a romantic aspect to the first game at all.

4 - If they are going to promote Jessie to have a major role in the story, what about Biggs and Wedge? Wouldn't it be strange to have one npc with a whole lot of dialog but the other two still with nothing much to do or say? They need to colour in all three characters with the same level of detail (roughly speaking).

Anyway thats all Ive got to say. I have to say I smell trolling, I refuse to believe that these two are being genuine. They are talking such nonsense. Im not being dragged into 500 posts of rubbish. Promoting Jessie to a major character/love interest would be stupid. It would add nothing to the story, add a needless complication. There is no evidence in any of the leaks that its going to happen. Keep writing bad fanfic orah and the other dude, but lets keep it out of (hopefully) well written games.

Someone gets it.

User Info: JairusTLS

JairusTLS
1 week ago#96
You don't know that it would change the dynamics, stepan. You're only assuming. Because you haven't seen how it has played out, you can't say that it would. You're making assumptions based on something you haven't seen. You're assuming Cloud has feelings at for Aerith and Tifa in Part 1 when he's not been shown to have them at all, and there is no indication in the girls' profile of any romantic interest - contrast that with the manual for the original game, which laid out their feelings quite clearly. The only girl of FF7R whose profile hints at romantic interest in Cloud is Jessie. SE chose the wording of the profiles very deliberately.

Adding Jessie into the mix can add a layer of complexity, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It can allow for explorations of the girls' character that wouldn't be possible otherwise. And why do you assume Aerith would ever have the chance to meet Jessie in the first place? It's unlikely that will happen regardless of what happens between Jessie and Cloud. And why should giving Tifa a measure of inner conflict be seen as a bad thing? It can lead to character growth for her and everyone involved.

You're also assuming that Cloud was looking to become interested in Jessie instead of it catching him by surprise. She's kind to him and makes him feel good about himself. That's the kind of thing that can naturally lead to attraction. You assume as well that the story of FFVII will still take place over a short period when we've been given no evidence that the remake will hold to that. It takes weeks and months to travel across the world on foot, and for a while that and chocobos are likely all the group will have available as transport until after Corel Prison. So the entire quest may take quite a bit longer than it did in the original game.

Jessie and Cloud sharing a connection doesn't cheapen the other relationships or Aerith's moment. Aerith's moment happens in another game, not the same one. And Jessie's arc, as I've said before, can actually add to those of Aerith and Tifa. Early in Part 2, the reality of all that has just happened and what they've lost may hit them hard, and there could be a few moments where Aerith helps Cloud deal with the loss of a friend who he realized he felt something for only too late. He's not likely to openly say much, but she's perceptive enough to tell. Tifa could have her own moments to help Cloud, similar but also different since she knew Jessie and Aerith didn't. They would do that for him because they care for him, not in spite of it. And those moments would draw him closer to each of them.

Cloud may have some mental struggles in Part 1, but he's still a functioning, breathing man who can make decisions and choose what he does and doesn't do. And he can also feel. And if he can feel, he can be drawn to someone even then. Stop stuffing things into your narrow definitions. Like it or not, there is attraction between them. The demo showed that clearly enough.

If Jessie wasn't going to be of any importance, they wouldn't have included her in the trailers and focused on her as much as they did. She has gotten as much screen time in them as Aerith and Tifa. SE deliberately chose to do that, and they're not going to pull a bait-and-switch. They have a reason for showing her so much and giving them such chemistry in the demo. They've already featured her more than Biggs and Wedge in the trailers, but there's doubtless development for them too. That doesn't exclude the ability for there to be mutual attraction between Cloud and Jessie. So your argument fails.

As far as the leaks go, I've talked to friends who've seen them, including the administrator of the forums I'm a member of - thelifestream.net - and according to them, there are large gaps and missing lines, and only snippets of scenes have been leaked, so there is still much that is unknown. So don't rely on the leaks for specifics or to make judgements on things like this, because there's a high probability you'll be wrong.

And meteora, he doesn't get it. He only thinks he does, and so do you. That's the sad part. Your abject fear of change and insistence that the game can only go the way you specifically say it can regardless of what SE says or does. And your prejudice against any character that isn't a PC. You'll stomp on them and grind them down, anything to keep them from getting a little light and exposure and greater appreciation. I told you to ask yourself why you keep debating this. You say I'm fixated, but you're the one who keeps arguing about it. I'm just responding to you. You're the one who can't let it go because you're still in the thread. If anyone's trolling, it's you and stepan.
Final Fantasy VII: Lifestream - An Unofficial Novelization
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13341346/1/Final-Fantasy-VII-Lifestream
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
1 week ago#97
I love this whole "illusion of depth" thing we got going on here. When in reality I feel like this is more how things went down...

Designer 1: So we have to make these "former" side character stand out more. Any ideas?
Designer 2: Well what do we have to work with?
D1: In Jessie's case she was the shy, gadgeteer, who flirted with Cloud a little bit.
D2: That's it?
D1: That's it.
D2: How about we just dial one of those traits up to 11 and make it be the "defining" thing for her character now?
D1: That just might work. But which one?
D2: Shy isn't going to cut it, nor is a focus on tech either, what if we dialed her flirting up to 11 and made her more spunky and out going?
D1: That just might work. Lets go with that.

There isn't some budding romance here it's just fluff to make Jessie seem more "alive" than she was in OG 7. And judging by what bits of the script we DO have it's largely embarrassing. I rest my case. She's still just a side character like Biggs and Wedge whose relevance to the plot ends early on. Expecting any more than that is well, pointless. Because it's not gonna happen.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: erAEISer

erAEISer
1 week ago#98
Brocknoth posted...
I love this whole "illusion of depth" thing we got going on here. When in reality I feel like this is more how things went down...

Designer 1: So we have to make these "former" side character stand out more. Any ideas?
Designer 2: Well what do we have to work with?
D1: In Jessie's case she was the shy, gadgeteer, who flirted with Cloud a little bit.
D2: That's it?
D1: That's it.
D2: How about we just dial one of those traits up to 11 and make it be the "defining" thing for her character now?
D1: That just might work. But which one?
D2: Shy isn't going to cut it, nor is a focus on tech either, what if we dialed her flirting up to 11 and made her more spunky and out going?
D1: That just might work. Lets go with that.

There isn't some budding romance here it's just fluff to make Jessie seem more "alive" than she was in OG 7. And judging by what bits of the script we DO have it's largely embarrassing. I rest my case. She's still just a side character like Biggs and Wedge whose relevance to the plot ends early on. Expecting any more than that is well, pointless. Because it's not gonna happen.
How come you keep trying to derail each line of discussion in such threads with "the script"? f*** off and stop trying to waggle your dick.over some info you think you seem to know over the rest. You aren't contributing, you're just trying to hit people over the head with rocks and it's tiring. If you wanna talk about "the script" then make your own goddamned topic and you can have conversations about whatever there.
-Angela says hi.

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
1 week ago#99
How does anything I just posted "derail" the conversation? Looks pretty on point to me. And of course I'm gonna mention the alpha build leaks. Why would I leave that out when I'm making a statement? It's known information. Your inablity to accept the reality in front of you is a YOU problem. It's got nothing to do with me.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

User Info: CranberryTaco

CranberryTaco
1 week ago#100
Jessie is kinda cool and all but this all reminds me of this atm. 😆. 6/10 for effort.

https://youtu.be/pl3WOfepEs0
1988. | Horizon Zero Dawn / Shadowbringers | I really cant stand Tidus | 'Please be excite'
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Seems like Jessie might be a possibility for Part 1 after all...
  • Post New Message