• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Seems like Jessie might be a possibility for Part 1 after all...

User Info: JairusTLS

JairusTLS
1 week ago#81
You're the one who's refusing to see what's been shown to us. Cloud, during the time of Part 1, doesn't think of Tifa as anything more than a friend. It isn't until much, much later in the overall FFVII story that his feelings for her really start to show, long after Midgar once they're revealed in the lifestream segment.

Stop passing off opinion as fact. He calls Tifa a friend when he's talking to her about the promise during his voiceover in the VGA trailer. They fight together as friends in that world do and help each other, but the trailers have shown no indication that he thinks of her as more than that during Part 1. So being attracted to Jessie isn't a problem when he thinks of Tifa only as a friend. Remember, Jessie asked him about that very thing, and he did not blow her off or tell her it wasn't her business. He tried to answer her, nicely and with consideration for her interest in him, which he did absolutely nothing to avoid or refuse.

Your'e still seeing things through the lens of the original game. The remake is not that game, and story changes are confirmed. Things can and will be different. You need to throw that lens away and allow for new possibilities. The remake is a series of games, not just one, and each is to be a self-contained complete story according to SE, with the overall FFVII story connecting them. This means that things like the LTD (or LSD, as it may yet become) need to be seen in an entirely new way because they will span multiple games, not just one. This allows for development of things like mutual attraction between Cloud and Jessie in Part 1, something which was very limited in the original but actually still present since you could flirt with her a few times, and you don't flirt with someone you're not attracted to.

This early in the FFVII story, Tifa is just a friend to Cloud, nothing more. So him having some interest in Jessie at this same time doesn't adversely affect Tifa's arc because she's only a friend at this time and it can only go so far in Part 1 due to having to span multiple games. And you ignored what I said about how Jessie's arc could possibly feed into and contribute to Aerith and Tifa's arcs after she's gone and the impact of her loss and all that's happened really hits them and Cloud early in Part 2.

Perhaps if you would stop persecuting us for our view and putting it down and saying it's wrong, you might see a different reaction. But that would take a willingness to bend on your part, which I don't think you have.
Final Fantasy VII: Lifestream - An Unofficial Novelization
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13341346/1/Final-Fantasy-VII-Lifestream
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 week ago#82
Your response tells me you seriously did not understand the point I was trying to make this entire time... lol.

You're not even talking about what I was referring to. Nowhere close.

meteora88
1 week ago#83
You also can't say something like this:

Cloud, during the time of Part 1, doesn't think of Tifa as anything more than a friend.

Stop passing off opinion as fact.

And then say this in the same post.

Your'e still seeing things through the lens of the original game. The remake is not that game, and story changes are confirmed. Things can and will be different.

You haven't played the entire game. How can you speak of these things as if you know for sure?

Again, you are not even on the same page of what I'm talking about. I highly recommend you go back and reread my posts because the meaning has flown right over your head.

I will say this: thank god Jessie dies so we don't have to put up with this in the future episodes. This is exactly what I mean when I say this whole shipping thing detracts from the important parts when discussing characters.

JairusTLS
1 week ago#84
No, I did address your points. You compared Cloud supposedly having a crush on Tifa while flirting with Jessie to Tifa having a crush on Cloud and flirting with Biggs, and I told you that Cloud doesn't feel that way about Tifa in Part 1. He only sees her as a friend, and it isn't until he finds himself in the lifestream much later on in the overall FFVII story that he discovers his feelings for her which had been buried and forgotten beneath who he had thought he had been. So your comparison fails because he's not ignoring a crush to flirt on someone else. He's helping a friend (Tifa) while finding himself attracted to a girl (Jessie) who likes him and makes him feel good about himself.

meteora88
1 week ago#85
Omg no.... that wasn't my point my dude LOL

JairusTLS
1 week ago#86
SE has confirmed story changes for the remake. And you haven't played the remake either. So your argument fails because you can't speak as if you know them either. I'm going by what we've been shown through SE's deliberate choices, which include prominently featuring Jessie in the trailers. And they're unlikely to pull a bait-and-switch about that. They put her there for a reason, and the interactions between her and Cloud in the demo add weight to that.

And Tifa has only been shown as a friend for Part 1. Her profile contains no hint of romantic interest toward Cloud unlike her profile for the original game, which clearly did. Jessie's profile, however, does hint at her interest in him. Hers is the only one that does. Considering that those profiles were closely followed in the original, the ones for the remake are likely to be followed just as closely. Meaning Cloud's feelings for Tifa won't develop until later in the series.
(edited 1 week ago)

JairusTLS
1 week ago#87
They were your words, meteora. Say what you mean or don't say anything at all. And one must wonder why it is so important to you to debate this.
(edited 1 week ago)

meteora88
1 week ago#88
JairusTLS posted...
They were your words, meteora. Say what you mean or don't say anything at all. And one must wonder why it is so important to you to debate this.

It's all there in my posts in this thread.

I can see I'm not going to go anywhere discussing this further with you. Even though I posted multiple times, it seems you're just not grasping what I'm saying. It's there for you to read quite clearly.

Fanboy over Jessie if you must. I'm out.

I will say that the Jessie fans I've come across are all the same. You guys get veeery touchy whenever someone says anything you don't agree with.

Very aggressive, when there's no need to be. I do suggest you stop that because being that defensive over a video game character just borders on obsession.

User Info: orah

orah
1 week ago#89
meteora88 posted...

Very aggressive, when there's no need to be. I do suggest you stop that because being that defensive over a video game character just borders on obsession.
because you guys are purposefully missing the point and calling us crazy. and when we bite back, "woah woah why are you so defensive" are you serious right now? NONE of you guys are willing to admit that the gigantic heavy rocks of hints S/E has been throwing at all of us in the demo AND trailer that cloud is the warmest to jessie out of all of avalanche is for a huge damn reason because you think it's "shipping". jessie and cloud's content is an objective fact, we could think she's the s***tiest character in the world or not. we're stating facts and YOU are the guys all up and arms about it as if we completely construed the entire thing like crazy 14yr old fangirls. we are simply saying part 1 is more of jessie's time to shine than aerith's or tifa's but you guys keep bring up "she dies she dies she dies" as if that means anything.
(edited 1 week ago)

meteora88
1 week ago#90
orah posted...
because you guys are purposefully missing the point and calling us crazy. and when we bite back, "woah woah why are you so defensive" are you serious right now? NONE of you guys are willing to admit that the gigantic heavy rocks of hints S/E has been throwing at all of us in the demo AND trailer that cloud is the warmest to jessie

Not once, did I deny what SE have shown us so far.

I'm not even talking about that stuff.

This is what I mean. You're not even listening/reading to what I'm saying. We're not even on the same page of discussion lol.

We are not even talking about the same things at all.

Aerith is not related to this at all so I don't see any reason why she keeps being brought up. I didn't bring her up so not sure what you're on about.

1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Seems like Jessie might be a possibility for Part 1 after all...
  • Post New Message