• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Seems like Jessie might be a possibility for Part 1 after all...

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 month ago#61
JairusTLS posted...
No, meteora, it isn't. You haven't given any specifics to back up your claim, only repeatedly made it without showing how it works. The game is huge, and there is plenty of room for all three to develop. And having attraction for someone doesn't always mean it has to be a purely physical thing, so don't assume this is the case for her. Only shallow people like you think that attraction only means one thing and can be only one way and for one reason. Stop being so terrified of change. Jessie had feelings for him in the original, so they're not going to be left out, and they've actually been increased for the remake, with Cloud quite clearly showing at least some interest whether you like it or not. There is precedent in FF for PC's to be involved with NPC's past or present, so her being an NPC doesn't prevent her from having some kind of romantic arc in the time she's around.

I’m not assuming. You see the demo footage?

She goes on and on about how cute Cloud is, how he’s easy on the eyes, etc.

If you’re gonna call anyone shallow, say that about Jessie, as she’s clearly demonstrated so far in the demo.

I never once said anything about attraction, or that it’s all based on the physical, so you’re putting words into my mouth here (in other words, you’re basically making s*** up lol.)

Again, I’ve already explained why it would cheapen things. You’re sticking your into the sand and not listening lol.

Game being huge is irrelevant as to why Jessie should be a romance option.

Why? She just isn’t important enough in the grand scheme of things to warrant it.

It’s like making Wedge show interest in Tifa and exploring that as an option alongside her relationship with Cloud.

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 month ago#62
stepan618 posted...
Basic rules of good storytelling/character building suggest that Jessie x Cloud is not (and should not) be a thing. For the reasons meteora is telling you. This was explained last time you piped up.

Also the leak suggests Jessie x Cloud is not a thing. She is thirsty for Cloud, she gets killed by shinra shortly into the story. Cloud is basically indifferent to the flirting.

I don't know where your obsession with Jessie is coming from. My advice is to write it down in the form of Jessie fanfics. Your headcanon can be whatever you want, but to put it into the game would be bad writing from SE. They know this.

All this basically.

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
1 month ago#63
Hope is such a powerful thing eh Comb? Either that or Square has gotten way too good at "marketing"
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

User Info: orah

orah
1 month ago#64
stepan618 posted...
Basic rules of good storytelling/character building suggest that Jessie x Cloud is not (and should not) be a thing. For the reasons meteora is telling you. This was explained last time you piped up.

Also the leak suggests Jessie x Cloud is not a thing. She is thirsty for Cloud, she gets killed by shinra shortly into the story. Cloud is basically indifferent to the flirting.

I don't know where your obsession with Jessie is coming from. My advice is to write it down in the form of Jessie fanfics. Your headcanon can be whatever you want, but to put it into the game would be bad writing from SE. They know this.
so square decided to focus on jessie THE MOST out of all the girls, make cloud smile/grin with her, make them have eye and physical contact, have cloud be concerned over her well-being multiple times, make cloud the warmest to her of all of avalanche....because they wanted to waste pixels in the beginning of the game? jessie is a LOVE INTEREST, no-one said anything about them getting married.

and aerith dies and yet there are delusional stans who believe she still stands a chance. but when jessie comes into the picture "SHE'S DEAD SHE'S DEAD REMEMBER"

not that you're that person but it's still hypocrisy. bottom line she's clearly a love interest, and cloud isn't treating her the same as everyone else. TC simply said that it's nice that she's getting attention with cloud and y'all losing your s***.

User Info: orah

orah
1 month ago#65
oh yes and another thing i noticed. jessie is referred to as "thirsty" as if we can ignore aerith sexually harassing cloud by trying to peek in on him getting dressed. and even if we can she pesters him 24/7 but we ignore that because what? she wears pink? what's hilarious is the few scenes we've seen of aerith she's getting 100% except for when cloud told her to flee, but suure poor jessie, she's getting ignored with laughs, smiles and repeated eye contact (something cloud hardly does with the shown current evidence).

and another thing, even though cloud isn't his real self, that doesn't change jessie is interested in that personality (who knows if she would still like him after the change, but that's irrelevant). aerith is too busy projecting zack onto him to even care. so jessie actually wants to know more about him as a human being while aerith is just trying to get something even reminiscent of zack's dick again. in the end, cloud is colder than a frozen slab of meat to aerith, warmer to jessie and warmest tifa.

btw this isn't some "jessie/cloud 4evet!??11" post it's regarding the willing ignorance and hypocrisy of this thread regarding her.

User Info: JairusTLS

JairusTLS
1 month ago#66
Stepan, the way he treats her in the demo clearly shows he's not indifferent. There's a clear difference between how he treats her and how he treats the guys. You just want her to be less, and it's influencing your perceptions. You don't even say what rules you're talking about. Orah just laid it out quite clearly. You're just terrified of change and, like meteora, want the LTD to remain stale and stodgy without anything to liven it up. It never even occurs to either of you that Jessie's arc could actually contribute to those of the other two girls.

Aerith gently helping Cloud deal with the pain of losing a friend who might have become more, say in a few early scenes of Part 2 when it's still fresh in his mind, would draw them closer together. He's not one who would would openly say much about it, but she's perceptive enough to sense it nonetheless. A similar thing could happen with Tifa, though there would be differences since she actually knew Jessie and would still be hurting herself. Grief doesn't just go away after a little while, trust me. It lingers for a long time. There could be moments early in Part 2 where she and Cloud help each other a little with it and thus, draw closer to each other.

Meteora, I said what I said about attraction because you put what you said Jessie felt so crudely, so it came across that that was all you saw romantic interest could ever be. And again, you're showing your anti-NPC prejudice. If you're not prejudiced, then honestly take back everything you said. Otherwise you are. Jessie is around for a lot longer than she was in the original game. I've spoken with others who have seen the leaks, and they say that while they cover the length of the game, there are huge gaps and missing lines, which means there are still things we don't know. So anything is possible, and letting her be a part of the mix for this one game doesn't necessarily have to adversely affect Tifa and Aerith. Stop worshiping the holy cows of A & T and expand your horizons a bit.

I like Aerith and Tifa, sure, but I'm also willing to allow Jessie to share some spotlight with them for a while, to allow the one who is forgotten, overlooked, overshadowed, and demeaned to have her time in the sun for once.
Final Fantasy VII: Lifestream - An Unofficial Novelization
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13341346/1/Final-Fantasy-VII-Lifestream

User Info: Kowalls

Kowalls
1 month ago#67
Affection system? Am I missing something? When was this confirmed and why would that be a thing when she wouldnt even ve around for the pay off for it?

User Info: lorddrakath1522

lorddrakath1522
1 month ago#68
Kowalls posted...
Affection system? Am I missing something? When was this confirmed and why would that be a thing when she wouldnt even ve around for the pay off for it?

It's not.

User Info: unitedinkilling

unitedinkilling
1 month ago#69
orah posted...
oh yes and another thing i noticed. jessie is referred to as "thirsty" as if we can ignore aerith sexually harassing cloud by trying to peek in on him getting dressed. and even if we can she pesters him 24/7 but we ignore that because what? she wears pink? what's hilarious is the few scenes we've seen of aerith she's getting 100% except for when cloud told her to flee, but suure poor jessie, she's getting ignored with laughs, smiles and repeated eye contact (something cloud hardly does with the shown current evidence).

and another thing, even though cloud isn't his real self, that doesn't change jessie is interested in that personality (who knows if she would still like him after the change, but that's irrelevant). aerith is too busy projecting zack onto him to even care. so jessie actually wants to know more about him as a human being while aerith is just trying to get something even reminiscent of zack's dick again. in the end, cloud is colder than a frozen slab of meat to aerith, warmer to jessie and warmest tifa.

btw this isn't some "jessie/cloud 4evet!??11" post it's regarding the willing ignorance and hypocrisy of this thread regarding her.
imagine being this mad at CloudxAerith relationship,that you go off on unrelated topics

User Info: Litane

Litane
1 month ago#70
orah posted...

You are way too into this shipping and hater crap. Just.....wait until the game comes out lol, I think you might see things differently.
I've got the house all to myself, I've got the world all to myself.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Seems like Jessie might be a possibility for Part 1 after all...
  • Topic Archived