• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Seems like Jessie might be a possibility for Part 1 after all...

User Info: Legionnaire

Legionnaire
1 month ago#51
So many words yet you still managed to say nothing.

User Info: GodinMinaar

GodinMinaar
1 month ago#52
I don't have a problem with players chasing Jessie as a 4th part 1 option.

I'm more curious if I can choose to be nicer to Tifa like in the original vs. the verbatim dialogue from the script.

I personally would never be mean to any of the girls. Probably why real ones hate me So much... Etc...
I hope they make remake so large that I can spend fifty years strolling through it

User Info: Argonar_Alfaran

Argonar_Alfaran
1 month ago#53
Cloud treats Jessie different because Zack was a flirty guy (even though he never had luck with women)

Also that smile Cloud gave Jessie is because he is living his childhood dream as a SOLDIER, even though he could never make it. It's a subconsious thing.

User Info: MancombSeepgood

MancombSeepgood
1 month ago#54
JairusTLS posted...
It's not everything. How can you know for sure that it is unless you've seen the source files at SE itself to know there isn't more? And again, just because there's a document doesn't mean it's entirely authentic. The guy could have taken parts that were leaked, added some of his own making, and passed the whole thing off as a complete script. Since we don't have SE's copy to compare it to, it's not good to rely on it.

Meteora, I never said make her playable. Though it seems she, Biggs, and Wedge may be guest combatants at times if Wedge's presence in the bike game's battle UI is any indication. And I never said the romantic angle should be the only part of her that's developed. Just that it shouldn't be left out, is all. And expanding it doesn't have to detract from the other parts of her character. This is a huge game, and character development isn't a binary thing.
Alright, no problem. You know best, after all. It's no skin off my back if you're uninformed. That affects you, not me.

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 month ago#55
JairusTLS posted...
Meteora, I never said make her playable. Though it seems she, Biggs, and Wedge may be guest combatants at times if Wedge's presence in the bike game's battle UI is any indication. And I never said the romantic angle should be the only part of her that's developed. Just that it shouldn't be left out, is all. And expanding it doesn't have to detract from the other parts of her character. This is a huge game, and character development isn't a binary thing.

Hey look, you brought up the Jessie being playable as a hypothetical and I’m just replying.

Point I’m trying to make is, Jessie romance shouldn’t be a thing at all.

It detracts from the other two in the sense that it cheapens the relationship dynamic.

This isn’t a dating sim where Cloud should get a lot of female attention, or be given the option to respond to said advances that aren’t from either Tifa or Aerith.

Jessie shouldn’t be a romance option at all.

User Info: zombie_basher13

zombie_basher13
1 month ago#56
I approve and agree with this topic

The thing that I think about though is how do you properly balance potential romances with 3 different girls? 4 if you count Yuffie. Original FF VII had a secret affection system and indeed all 4 girls could be shown to take a liking toward Cloud and desire him. Who knows how far they're taking that aspect in this remake project but again what is proper balance. If Cloud reciprocates more this time showing interest in each girl more and more up until the end, then it kind of paints him as a bit of a man ho doesn't it? And only moving onto the next cuz the previous died. But if he barely reciprocates it makes him look lame and devoid of affection for women which is also an offputting thing to see.

So what is the right balance? Is Tifa his true love and he has to discover that along the way? Or should Cloud be able to get with anybody and Tifa is the last one available in the end
What are you doing on computer? Go outside it's so beautifulll! Mrawww, c'mahhh!!

User Info: JairusTLS

JairusTLS
1 month ago#57
"Not unless this person is directly involved in the making of the game could he attain with 100% certainty the entirety of the script. In which case, if I were a head honcho at SE, I'd want plugged ASAP. We're not that far from release date, so I won't delve too deep into the madness. Lots of unconfirmed rumors and unfinished aspects of the game even to this day despite the demo being datamined."

- Dee, thelifestream.net

Without anything to compare it too, Mancomb, you can't say it's the entire thing. So I'd retract your certainty if I were you. It just makes you look foolish and gullible.

And meteora, you don't know that it would detract because you don't know how it would be done or implemented. You're also forgetting that only a fraction of Tifa and Aerith's arcs can ever possibly play out in Part 1. This is, as I've said, because they have to span the entire series. They'll have several more games to themselves. This is Jessie's only game, and at this point in the FFVII story, Aerith and Tifa aren't to the point of romance anyway. Cloud barely even knows Aerith, and he hasn't been back in Tifa's life for very long. So there's nothing to interfere with.

Nice try, Argonar, but Cloud's personality at that time isn't entirely Zack. It's a meld of things, including Zack but not just him. And as a man who is capable of making conscious decisions, he's deliberately choosing to treat her differently than the guys. If he wasn't interested, he would have either ignored her or rebuffed her. But he did neither of those things. And just because he was being what he wanted to be doesn't mean he couldn't feel flattered and a little bashful about her compliment. That's a little peek of the real Cloud, the one who wasn't so good with girls, and so naturally a girl being nice to him like that and making him feel good about himself would get his attention and even attraction. SE gave his first smile of the game to Jessie—not Aerith and not Tifa. Jessie. If she wasn't going to play a part in his story or have a connection with him, they wouldn't have done that.

Well, zombie, it's a good question. One possibility is the sequential approach I mentioned earlier - since the entire FFVII story will now span multiple games, it becomes possible for Cloud to have a different love interest in each game rather than try to waver between two or three at once across all those games. I don't know if SE is doing that, but it's one possible approach that may simplify things a bit even if it does set off some of the more extreme LTD followers.
Final Fantasy VII: Lifestream - An Unofficial Novelization
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13341346/1/Final-Fantasy-VII-Lifestream

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 month ago#58
JairusTLS posted...
"Not unless this person is directly
And meteora, you don't know that it would detract because you don't know how it would be done or implemented. You're also forgetting that only a fraction of Tifa and Aerith's arcs can ever possibly play out in Part 1. This is, as I've said, because they have to span the entire series. They'll have several more games to themselves. This is Jessie's only game, and at this point in the FFVII story, Aerith and Tifa aren't to the point of romance anyway. Cloud barely even knows Aerith, and he hasn't been back in Tifa's life for very long. So there's nothing to interfere with.

I don’t think you’re listening to me.

The existence of romance at all regarding Jessie is detracting from, and cheapening, Cloud’ relationship with Tifa and Aerith.

He’s not a playboy. This isn’t a dating sim. Not every girl that is cute needs to be romance-able.

Doesn’t matter if it’s the beginning stages for both Tifa and Aerith.

Jessie can shine in her own way. What I’ve seen so far is she’s thirsty and desperate for Cloud’s D. If she’s going to be like that until she’s dead, as in nothing but a device for people to ship Cloud with, that is the least impressive take devs can do for a character.

User Info: JairusTLS

JairusTLS
1 month ago#59
No, meteora, it isn't. You haven't given any specifics to back up your claim, only repeatedly made it without showing how it works. The game is huge, and there is plenty of room for all three to develop. And having attraction for someone doesn't always mean it has to be a purely physical thing, so don't assume this is the case for her. Only shallow people like you think that attraction only means one thing and can be only one way and for one reason. Stop being so terrified of change. Jessie had feelings for him in the original, so they're not going to be left out, and they've actually been increased for the remake, with Cloud quite clearly showing at least some interest whether you like it or not. There is precedent in FF for PC's to be involved with NPC's past or present, so her being an NPC doesn't prevent her from having some kind of romantic arc in the time she's around.
Final Fantasy VII: Lifestream - An Unofficial Novelization
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13341346/1/Final-Fantasy-VII-Lifestream

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
1 month ago#60
Basic rules of good storytelling/character building suggest that Jessie x Cloud is not (and should not) be a thing. For the reasons meteora is telling you. This was explained last time you piped up.

Also the leak suggests Jessie x Cloud is not a thing. She is thirsty for Cloud, she gets killed by shinra shortly into the story. Cloud is basically indifferent to the flirting.

I don't know where your obsession with Jessie is coming from. My advice is to write it down in the form of Jessie fanfics. Your headcanon can be whatever you want, but to put it into the game would be bad writing from SE. They know this.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Seems like Jessie might be a possibility for Part 1 after all...
  • Topic Archived