• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Seems like Jessie might be a possibility for Part 1 after all...

User Info: orah

orah
1 week ago#41
i'm not nessesarily defensive. it's just that people downplay jessie whenever anyone notes on her potential to be as great as the other girls because of their precious waifus. jessie isn't replacing them my dudes, calm down.

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 week ago#42
orah posted...
i'm not nessesarily defensive. it's just that people downplay jessie whenever anyone notes on her potential to be as great as the other girls because of their precious waifus. jessie isn't replacing them my dudes, calm down.

Hey look I’m actually normal about this. I’m not the one telling people to stop blinding themselves or accusing this as some sort of reach.

This ain’t about waifus. I don’t care about that stuff. Never have.

Fact is Jessie is a side character. I don’t see any reason to elevate her importance to be on the same level as the main cast of characters.

Like I said in my other post, the complex dynamics between Cloud, Aerith and Tifa should be kept as is, or improved upon.

I don’t think adding Jessie onto that is a good thing.

User Info: JairusTLS

JairusTLS
1 week ago#43
Mancomb, a reddit thread? Seriously? Did it ever occur to you that the person posting it could have made up a lot of it to get attention? If you can't link to the actual document and not some thread supposedly about it, don't bother. There have already been confirmed bogus leaks on 4chan and other places. And as I said, everything is subject to change. SE knows about the leak, so they're bound to adjust some things to throw off those who've seen them. And you're forgetting, the build that was leaked was an earlier one, NOT the final one. Keep that in mind.

Meteora, what you said is an example of the very discrimination I was talking about. If Jessie was playable, would you still say what you said? If none of the girls were playable, would you still say it? SE has shown her just as much as Aerith and Tifa, and in some places more than them. They seem to think it's worthwhile to give her more focus and spotlight, and that's good enough for me. Shed your anti-npc bias for a moment and realize that things change and that allowing Jessie to be a part of the mix doesn't have to take away from Aerith and Tifa. Those two have further games in the series to develop their arcs. Jessie only has Part 1, so Part 1 should be her time. And in terms of the overall FFVII story, it makes sense since both Tifa and Aerith are still very early on in their arcs at this point and have a built-in limit as to how far they can go in this first game. Because this is Jessie's only game in the series, she has no such limit, and this gives SE the freedom to develop her arc as far as they want before the plate collapse.
Final Fantasy VII: Lifestream - An Unofficial Novelization
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13341346/1/Final-Fantasy-VII-Lifestream
(edited 1 week ago)
Brocknoth posted...
Over analyzing/10. I have bad news for you TC but she still dies in the end. So all that conjecture you just wrote? Meaningless.

Edit - User level: Rookie User.

Nothing to see here folks.
Wait... for real?? :(

User Info: orah

orah
1 week ago#45
meteora88 posted...
Hey look I’m actually normal about this. I’m not the one telling people to stop blinding themselves or accusing this as some sort of reach.

This ain’t about waifus. I don’t care about that stuff. Never have.

Fact is Jessie is a side character. I don’t see any reason to elevate her importance to be on the same level as the main cast of characters.

Like I said in my other post, the complex dynamics between Cloud, Aerith and Tifa should be kept as is, or improved upon.

I don’t think adding Jessie onto that is a good thing.
no no i wasn't referring to you, just what i see the slack she gets on here.
JairusTLS posted...
Mancomb, a reddit thread? Seriously? Did it ever occur to you that the person posting it could have made up a lot of it to get attention? If you can't link to the actual document and not some thread supposedly about it, don't bother. There have already been confirmed bogus leaks on 4chan and other places. And as I said, everything is subject to change. SE knows about the leak, so they're bound to adjust some things to throw off those who've seen them. And you're forgetting, the build that was leaked was an earlier one, NOT the final one. Keep that in mind.

Jesus christ, dude. You're either trolling hard or in denial. Just look at the damn script. Look at it. It's complete. it's everything. If it was fake, someone would have had to create an entirely flawless script for the entire game and all the gameplay, with zero mistakes or discrepancies. I say hire this man right now, because he would have done the work that all of Square Enix spent the better part of a decade working on all by himself.

The script is real. Whether it's for the final version of the game remains to be seen, but there is no way in hell that it's not representative of what we're getting. Read it, then come back to this thread after the game is released. But you won't, because you're just trolling.

meteora88
1 week ago#47
JairusTLS posted...

Meteora, what you said is an example of the very discrimination I was talking about. If Jessie was playable, would you still say what you said? If none of the girls were playable, would you still say it? SE has shown her just as much as Aerith and Tifa, and in some places more than them. They seem to think it's worthwhile to give her more focus and spotlight, and that's good enough for me. Shed your anti-npc bias for a moment and realize that things change and that allowing Jessie to be a part of the mix doesn't have to take away from Aerith and Tifa. Those two have further games in the series to develop their arcs. Jessie only has Part 1, so Part 1 should be her time. And in terms of the overall FFVII story, it makes sense since both Tifa and Aerith are still very early on in their arcs at this point and have a built-in limit as to how far they can go in this first game. Because this is Jessie's only game in the series, she has no such limit, and this gives SE the freedom to develop her arc as far as they want before the plate collapse.

If she was playable, then my point would be strengthened even more actually.

She wasn’t playable in the original, so why make her playable and more important than she is, in this?

Keep the main cast in the original as is.

It would be total bs if Jessie gets way more screen time than Biggs and Wedge, and it’s only of a romantic nature.

I’d rather Jessie be more than just a shipping character, which is what she may very well turn out to be from what I’ve seen of her so far.

meteora88
1 week ago#48
orah posted...
no no i wasn't referring to you, just what i see the slack she gets on here.

Oh I see. Carry on then.

JairusTLS
1 week ago#49
It's not everything. How can you know for sure that it is unless you've seen the source files at SE itself to know there isn't more? And again, just because there's a document doesn't mean it's entirely authentic. The guy could have taken parts that were leaked, added some of his own making, and passed the whole thing off as a complete script. Since we don't have SE's copy to compare it to, it's not good to rely on it.

Meteora, I never said make her playable. Though it seems she, Biggs, and Wedge may be guest combatants at times if Wedge's presence in the bike game's battle UI is any indication. And I never said the romantic angle should be the only part of her that's developed. Just that it shouldn't be left out, is all. And expanding it doesn't have to detract from the other parts of her character. This is a huge game, and character development isn't a binary thing.

JairusTLS
1 week ago#50
"By script I assume you mean dialogue, yeah? There is a lot from throughout the game, from the beginning through the end, but it is nowhere near the entire script, just what was already baked into the game’s code when they made the demo. This dialogue is liable (and likely) to change before release, and to top it all off there are some dialogue “leaks” that have been pure bulls*** from 4chan. So, you know, don’t believe everything you read right now."

- Mr. Ite from thelifestream.net
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Seems like Jessie might be a possibility for Part 1 after all...
  • Post New Message