• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Seems like Jessie might be a possibility for Part 1 after all...

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
6 days ago#101
JairusTLS posted...
And meteora, he doesn't get it. He only thinks he does, and so do you. That's the sad part.Your abject fear of change and insistence that the game can only go the way you specifically say it can regardless of what SE says or does. And your prejudice against any character that isn't a PC. You'll stomp on them and grind them down, anything to keep them from getting a little light and exposure and greater appreciation. I told you to ask yourself why you keep debating this. You say I'm fixated, but you're the one who keeps arguing about it. I'm just responding to you. You're the one who can't let it go because you're still in the thread. If anyone's trolling, it's you and stepan.

I'm not sure if you're aware of what you sound like here.

I'm not even trying to be mean here, but you sound exactly like a crazed fanboy who is fighting to the death to defend your character.

The way you're speaking is just full on... fanatic almost. She ain't real. No need to get all antsy as if she's a real person lol.

Well I'll truly be stepping out of the thread now. There's just something about the Jessie defence force that's just... wow.

Jessie's gonna die so at least we don't have to put up with this in the next game. Good riddance I say. Smh.

User Info: orah

orah
6 days ago#102
@meteora88 what the hell are you talking about if not jessie being a potential love interest? you quoted an entire post regarding it, then say " you're not reading i wasn't talking about that" ???? what are you talking about? deadass rn.

as for the post itself...

stepan618 posted...

1 It would be throwing more s*** into an already complex situation, and changing the dynamics between the main characters. Tifa, Aeris and Cloud have a lot of emotional baggage of their own to work through, they have to develop feelings (romantic and otherwise) towards each other over the course of three games. Those arcs begin during the first episode.

my dude. it's literally just friendly moments with jessie and cloud. it aint that deep. the problem here is how hard everyone here is denying because....i really don't know or care why.

They are interacting with each other from the very beginning. Having an additional, significant love interest in the first game just adds an extra layer of bulls*** that is not necessary.
irrelevant. your eyes aint lying to you. jessie is a love interest. again, get over it.

How does Tifa feel about Jessie going after Cloud? Jealous? Happy for them? Is she more stand-offish towards Cloud due to this romantic involvement? Does Aeris consider Jessie a rival?
see above.

2 - It changes the perception of Clouds personality. He goes after any woman he sees now, like some sort of dudebro. Jessie -> Aeris -> Tifa? Is he just moving quickly through relationships?
cloud has never been in a (romantic) relationship with a single soul except for tifa at the end of the story. more irrelevant points. unless you think he's some sort of whore which means you really need to rethink your opinions of cloud my dude.

4 - If they are going to promote Jessie to have a major role in the story, what about Biggs and Wedge? Wouldn't it be strange to have one npc with a whole lot of dialog but the other two still with nothing much to do or say? They need to colour in all three characters with the same level of detail (roughly speaking).

"The scenario will keep the original version’s atmosphere intact, there and go into greater depth for its characters, starting with the members of AVALANCHE."

There is no evidence in any of the leaks that its going to happen.
wh-what is going to happen? what are you implying exactly?

Keep writing bad fanfic
so you couldn't argue against jessie being the first to make him smile and laugh, you couldn't argue against her massive screentime compared to literally any other character besides cloud, you couldn't argue against the eye contact cloud gives her (which, with the current evidence, he rarely does with anyone).... you gave nothing. in the end, it was "I DON'T WANT IT TO HAPPEN, YOU'RE JUST DUMB SHIPPERS"
(edited 6 days ago)

orah
6 days ago#103
lmao TC, i love how everyone kept saying how "crazy" we were but had yet to provide any evidence to what square is clearly doing for jessie.

"hey we love that jessie is getting more screentime. she seems like an interesting character and with square promoting her in every single trailer they've put out, we can't wait to see more."
"LMAO SHIPPERS AMIRITE I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D THINK THAT SHE DIES LALALALALALALALALALALA"

but we're the crazy ones.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
6 days ago#104
orah posted...
but we're the crazy ones.

Seems so.

My troll sense is tingling so Im also out. Have fun though.

orah
6 days ago#105
stepan618 posted...
Seems so.

My troll sense is tingling so Im also out. Have fun though.
and yet again, he provides nothing but insult slinging because he can't refute a single shred of what was said. love how you tried using "wha-what about biggs and wedge?!?!" as an excuse, i provided evidence (yet again) and you completely ignored it and screamed troll (yet again). you should really direct that asshurt over jessie at square since you're so hurt over her getting more time than you want over precious tifa and aerith's feelings. keep answering zero of the ACTUAL evidence at hand though, it makes you look so damn smart.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: ArtiRock

ArtiRock
6 days ago#106
I always thought that if Jessie didn't kick the bucket she and cloud could have gotten along pretty well. It doesn't seem like they changed that. It might even be more of a thing because midgar is longer.
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.

User Info: JairusTLS

JairusTLS
6 days ago#107
I was merely responding to what you and stepan said, Meteora, and stating my feelings about what it felt like you were doing. And, I'll note, you didn't deny any of it was true. You and stepan are the trolls, because you are the ones who came into my thread and started arguing. I haven't barged into anyone's topic and berated them for their view like you have.

Orah, thanks for the support, and I wouldn't worry too much about the leaks. As I said earlier, it's not the whole script, there's large parts that are missing, and only parts of scenes have been leaked. So there's still a lot we don't know and a lot that could happen. Best to go off what we've actually been shown and deduce from that, which those of us not burdened by the fanaticism of A & T worship are doing. I like Aerith and Tifa, don't get me wrong, it's just that I can also see that SE's giving Jessie some time in the sun with Cloud, too, and there's nothing wrong with it. Keeps things fresh and interesting and new and respects her character.
Final Fantasy VII: Lifestream - An Unofficial Novelization
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13341346/1/Final-Fantasy-VII-Lifestream

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
5 days ago#108
JairusTLS posted...
and respects her character.

Yes because making Jessie a "thirsty thot" right up till the end even really "respects" her character.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~
(edited 5 days ago)

orah
5 days ago#109
oh i'm definitely only caring on what's been shown. fanboys simply can't stand that it's likely pt1=jessie pt2=aerith and then it will be tifa at the endgame. apparently jessie being a love interest means she and cloud are going to get married or something, and her existence "cheapens" and the story 😂😂 anyways they can stay mad, she as well as her crew are going to get their spotlight before s*** hits the pan.

Brocknoth posted...
Yes because making Jessie a "thirsty thot" right up till the end even really "respects" her character.
you seem to ignore aerith sexually harassing cloud in the OG but jessie making cloud smile how dare she?!?! the WHORE of some women...
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: JairusTLS

JairusTLS
5 days ago#110
Brock, having attraction and interest in someone is not wrong, and it's faithful to her character in that she was interested in him in the original game.

Oh and speaking of Aerith, she rather cunningly roped Cloud into agreeing to go out with her and leaving him with little choice but to accept. When an attractive girl offers to go out with you if you do something for her, any guy with a conscience would be hard put to do anything but agree to the bargain since he would be a decent enough person to not want to hurt her feelings and upset her regardless of how he himself might feel. Cloud would be the same way, as beneath the mercenary veneer, he does care about others.

And along those lines, I don't see Cloud as the kind of guy who'd let Jessie die heartbroken. Regardless of his own feelings, and considering how nice he was to her overall in the demo, he'd be much more likely to say or do something to acknowledge and affirm how she feels about him, validate those feelings, and make her happy.
Final Fantasy VII: Lifestream - An Unofficial Novelization
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13341346/1/Final-Fantasy-VII-Lifestream
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Seems like Jessie might be a possibility for Part 1 after all...
  • Post New Message