• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. If Square announce another FF Remake

User Info: starvingmarvin2

starvingmarvin2
4 weeks ago#111
sano83 posted...
If you are ill equiped, changing weapons will solve the problem.
The junction system is the equivalent of the equipment system of other games in the franchise.
If you mess up in the junction sytem, you will realize that in battle, and you most likely will die.
If you mess up in the Sphere Grid, you can switch that character out of battle and fix it later.
You can not switch a character out of battle in Final Fantasy VIII, and you can not switch "equipment" in battle in Final Fantasy VIII.

You are making guessing games again. You can't just do that. Changing weapons doesn't solve problems because a minority of bosses have significant elemental weaknesses. Sphere grid is more important than changing weapons when it comes to higher level monsters and bosses. You are just making and random thing to answer with at this point. I don't understand how heavy your bias is towards this game that you have no shame on this senseless tactic of making bs answers to have something.

I don't care if you don't like it.
If you take the wrong path in the sphere grid, you can revert it by grinding. There is no limit of how much you grind.

Not only is this a silly argument (making grinding sound like a cake walk that isn't time consuming), it's also logically contradictory to your stance. What is the difference between grinding and just stacking up magic in 8? In fact, just by your arguments with grinding then FF8 still becomes the easier one because you can go to the lowest of level monsters and just draw magic.

Also, you keep ignoring the simple fact of what takes more time to do damage control when you mess up on either system because you know it's just magic replacing which takes not even a minute to do, while grinding to get to the right track on sphere can potentially take hours, no matter where you level.

Normal players don't care about going in other directions of the sphere grid, because the game can be beaten without touching the sphere grid.
Same with 8. The game can be beaten with out magic junction.. if you are going to raise "completion" then you have to be fair with 10. Because in 10x, even a good sphere grid isn't the only requirement at post game but you also have to utilize actual human skills like dexterity with all the final weapons. In 8, if you go no junction.. you still have broken limit breaks (which are exposable damage, 1 hit killers, and party invisibility..) and free nuke/double HP with gf's.

You can totally grind in one area to bag xp points and use them when you find the keys.
And like you pointed out, there are many directions that a character can go when moving in the sphere grid, so it is not like you will be limited on how much you can actually level up like (I have been told, I have not played it) in Final Fantasy XIII.

How long does that take? I understand you are going to be dishonest and try to make it look like it takes at most an hr, but if you can have a bit of integrity can you tell me the number of hours spent bagging xp points?

You can not buy anything in Timber that teach GF the refinement abilities.
Ok, then refine cards. The monsters in Esther or whereever can be converted to cards, and you can refine them for higher magic if you don't have it? Or just draw them.. or just stack mid level magic for now. WIth limit breaks that can exceed damage, 1 shot kills, party invincibility.. and GF's to grant double HP and an additional nuke, you are pretty much fine with even just low magic junctioned at that point.

starvingmarvin2
4 weeks ago#112
BTW Sano. This is it for me tonight. You are clearly just throwing out guessing answers and just going "nope not hard" out of your rear, and deep down you know this. The part about the celestial weapons in where you go "oh just a few tries" is obvious enough that you are not engaging with any interest of reason and just fanboy defending.

I've made polls around the web (final fantasy boards) to see what the consensus. I'm even using some of your arguments. We will see what the consensus is from all of them, either by tomorrow or sometime this week. I will tell you right now that in all of them, X is leading as the most difficult.

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 weeks ago#113
starvingmarvin2 posted...
You are making guessing games again. You can't just do that. Changing weapons doesn't solve problems because a minority of bosses have significant elemental weaknesses. Sphere grid is more important than changing weapons when it comes to higher level monsters and bosses. You are just making and random thing to answer with at this point. I don't understand how heavy your bias is towards this game that you have no shame on this senseless tactic of making bs answers to have something.
You can beat the game without touching the sphere grid.
I have said that at least four times, you should get it already.

Not only is this a silly argument (making grinding sound like a cake walk that isn't time consuming), it's also logically contradictory to your stance. What is the difference between grinding and just stacking up magic in 8? In fact, just by your arguments with grinding then FF8 still becomes the easier one because you can go to the lowest of level monsters and just draw magic.
Because it doesn't matter if is time consuming or not.
Lower level monster have crap magic.
People that actually played the game and know what they are talking about could have said "but playing cards for items is a form of grinding". Which is true. But you would have to have some knowledge of the game to say something like that.

Also, you keep ignoring the simple fact of what takes more time to do damage control when you mess up on either system because you know it's just magic replacing which takes not even a minute to do, while grinding to get to the right track on sphere can potentially take hours, no matter where you level.
No, it doesn't.
Like I said several times, if you have a problem with your junctions, you probably die in battle. If you have a problem with the Sphere Grid, you can simply change the pokemon out of the battle for some pokemon that did not had the same problem.

Same with 8. The game can be beaten with out magic junction.. if you are going to raise "completion" then you have to be fair with 10. Because in 10x, even a good sphere grid isn't the only requirement at post game but you also have to utilize actual human skills like dexterity with all the final weapons. In 8, if you go no junction.. you still have broken limit breaks (which are exposable damage, 1 hit killers, and party invisibility..) and free nuke/double HP with gf's.
And since Limit breaks do crap damage without junctioning magic, your entire argument is still wrong.
Sure, they do more damage than normal attacks, because some of them are multi hitting, but good luck trying to do lots of damage to the enemies without junctioning anything.

How long does that take? I understand you are going to be dishonest and try to make it look like it takes at most an hr, but if you can have a bit of integrity can you tell me the number of hours spent bagging xp points?
As I already explained several times, it doesn't matter how long it does take to do the same action over and over.

Ok, then refine cards. The monsters in Esther or whereever can be converted to cards, and you can refine them for higher magic if you don't have it? Or just draw them.. I mean
You can card almost every random enemy in the game, not just the ones in Esthar.
You can only refine them into magic if you have the menu abilities that let you refine, and for those, you have to have the specific GF that learn those abilities, because you can not teach them with items like other abilities. That is what I mean when I said that if you don't have the GF you can not refine.
It would be better for you to ask me to explain to you what I am talking about, since clearly you don't remember Final Fantasy VIII as well as you think, if you ever played it at all.
It will help you save face and not say something dumb like the thing I just quoted.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Dark humor is like clean water, not everyone gets it.]

sano83
4 weeks ago#114
BTW Sano. This is it for me tonight. You are clearly just throwing out guessing answers and just going "nope not hard" out of your rear, and deep down you know this. The part about the celestial weapons in where you go "oh just a few tries" is obvious enough that you are not engaging with any interest of reason and just fanboy defending.
I gave you actual % of the people in steam that brought the game.
You are the one that have no data at all.

I've made polls around the web (final fantasy boards) to see what the consensus. I'm even using some of your arguments. We will see what the consensus is from all of them, either by tomorrow or sometime this week. I will tell you right now that in all of them, X is leading as the most difficult.
Where? You should link it here.
You mean this:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/102484-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/78350787
??
Polls that are not account and IP locked don't mean anything, because I can vote a gazilion times with the answer that I want to get. Just to prove this, I voted twice in that poll.

starvingmarvin2
4 weeks ago#115
sano83 posted...
Where? You should link it here.
You mean this:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/102484-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/78350787
??
Polls that are not account and IP locked don't mean anything, because I can vote a gazilion times with the answer that I want to get. Just to prove this, I voted twice in that poll.

I have made many threads, that isn't the only one. I think i have around 4 or so around the web right now, so it's not just gfaqs...

You'd think I'd leave it to X boards only after your FF8 board link? Also, you are an alt user then, thanks for admitting that... however by that logic, I can also assume the same with that FF8 thread.. how do i know that any of them are different people and not rabid FF8 fanboys such as yourself who are just going "it's hard" with many different accounts?

I gave you actual % of the people in steam that brought the game.
You are the one that have no data at all.

This is also highly irrelevant

starvingmarvin2
4 weeks ago#116
@sano. Now i do regret letting you know about me making threads. I'm hoping that you will be honest and have integrity and not try to track them down and use alts. If you do that, that is internally conceding even if you ended up lying about it.

User Info: DanielsonsXe

DanielsonsXe
4 weeks ago#117
Uncertainty posted...
Mystic Quest. Hearing that music redone in high quality, or being able to hot-swap between Hero and Reuben as they leap over Flamerus Rex's fire breath and dodge his thrown bones, fill their Team Unleash gauge and finish the fight with the MAX Shurikano (every team has their own MAX Unleash, and every weapon and magic combo has a Team Unleash - so that even characters with few weapons get many different Unleashes!). It'll have an FF2-like leveling system for Hero, where using different weapons or spells changes how his stats develop, and you use two buttons for attacks - one magic, one weapon. Then you have a jump and a dodge, and a real-time item menu (there's only a few items so it's quick, but makes you careful when you use it!).

The fights against Pazuzu and Dark King are particularly epic - in Paz's case, super annoying, as he flies around and has attacks that cause Stone and Paralyze with high frequency and with huge areas of effect (Tornadoes and wing beats, thrown feathers - as the fight goes on, more are thrown and begin to track - quick sweeps across the battlefield) and in Dark King's case, he's switching weapons constantly like Dante, starting with one, then two and finally three, throwing out Dark magic (a category only he has access to, with sucking black holes and dark towers of flame and bats - maybe electric bats), flipping and comboing around the field and taunting you, darkly laughing before certain attacks.

It'll either be fully 3D or like the Links Awakening remake, and have more complex puzzles than the original, but slightly shorter dungeons - due to being an action game with enemies on-screen, you still have huge rooms, but the battles don't take as long. And have a true world map with airship, and later actually walking across the Rainbow Bridge, high above the continent, breathtakingly beautiful!
I love the overall idea, but I've gotta be an a****** for a second:

Uncertainty posted...
Hero and Reuben as they leap over Flamerus Rex's
Benjamin and Tristam.
On topic, I voted II because I feel there was a lot of potential there that could be really cool in a modern game. You've got the keyword system which, bafflingly, has never been reused in FF. You've got the leveling mechanic, which was interesting, but needed some tweaks, the idea of having your 'main' party members that are always there being supplemented by guests, similar to XII, but you never lose any of the core members.

Alternatively, Final Fantasy XV always felt like a great prototype for a Final Fantasy VIII Remake. I would love to see the foundation that was XV be built upon to bring VIII into modern gaming.
PSN: NinjaLeonhart

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
4 weeks ago#118
I love VI and IX, but I don't think either would actually benefit much from a remake. XIII would normally take the answer there (solid concept underneath a lot of issues that would get ironed out in a remake), but I personally just want to see what Final Fantasy (I) would look like as a true remake. Is there enough to do with? Would we get an action game with six styles to switch between? Would they work with WotC to get the rights to make FF as it was initially conceived?
Paper is overpowered, but scissors is fine.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)

sano83
4 weeks ago#119
I have made many threads, that isn't the only one. I think i have around 4 or so around the web right now, so it's not just gfaqs...
Well, if you don't link them, I will never see them.

You'd think I'd leave it to X boards only after your FF8 board link? Also, you are an alt user then, thanks for admitting that... however by that logic, I can also assume the same with that FF8 thread.. how do i know that any of them are different people and not rabid FF8 fanboys such as yourself who are just going "it's hard" with many different accounts?
I don't have any alts. I simply voted with this account, then log out and voted with no account, to prove the point that the result of the poll is meaningless unless is properly made.
You are asking several questions in that thread, so you will not get a definitive answer. What if someone think that the sphere grid is easier, but the monsters are harder?

No, the poll I linked for the Final Fantasy VIII question was account and IP locked. Not that you would believe it or have a way to check it, since it has been closed for a long time now. But since I never lie, there is no reason for you to distrust what I said.

This is also highly irrelevant
Factual data is never irrelevant, even if you don't like it.
You can check it yourself in the steam global achievement page for Final Fantasy X-X2 Remaster.
https://steamcommunity.com/stats/359870/achievements

@sano. Now i do regret letting you know about me making threads. I'm hoping that you will be honest and have integrity and not try to track them down and use alts. If you do that, that is internally conceding even if you ended up lying about it.
I am always honest. Are you this paranoid because you think that everyone is like you and will lie to "prove a point"?
Anyways, in this site alone, there is this guy (who I am not entirely sure you are not him) called Scabab that had several alternate accounts made specifically to wank Final Fantasy X.

starvingmarvin2
4 weeks ago#120
sano83 posted...
Well, if you don't link them, I will never see them.

You'll see them once the polls have reached a good amount.

You are asking several questions in that thread, so you will not get a definitive answer. What if someone think that the sphere grid is easier, but the monsters are harder?
That is called being objective. To make an accurate analysis there must be factors that go in. You should know that comprehending a magic system isn't the only thing to identify for an rpg's difficulty.

You can check it yourself in the steam global achievement page for Final Fantasy X-X2 Remaster.
https://steamcommunity.com/stats/359870/achievements

But the poll is still irrelevant to the topic. This does not show any valuable info on difficulty comparisons.

I am always honest. Are you this paranoid because you think that everyone is like you and will lie to "prove a point"?
Anyways, in this site alone, there is this guy (who I am not entirely sure you are not him) called Scabab that had several alternate accounts made specifically to wank Final Fantasy X.

But you are not honest. What you do is make bs dismisses just to fit your narrative and you also stay away from important key points such as doing damage control when you mess up on junction or sphere grid. If you die from wrong junction, you can't start all over and just equip the right magic in 10, if you lose due to a bad sphere grid build (ie having auron travel to yuna's grid) you will have to spend time grinding just to fix it. Stuff like that. Instead, you make bogus condescending claims that are not just dishonest but obviously guessed out.

Also, it's rather obvious that you are sabotaging polls. Why is it that the only board you found the poll on has 8 leading? Don't you fanboys feel embarrassed at the amount of desperation you have for your favorite game. I thought 7 and X first timers where bad, you 8 kids take the cake.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. If Square announce another FF Remake
  • Topic Archived