• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. If Square announce another FF Remake

User Info: Four_Archfiends

Four_Archfiends
1 month ago#1
Which Final Fantasy should they remake next? - Results (624 votes)
Final Fantasy I
3.53% (22 votes)
Final Fantasy II
1.76% (11 votes)
Final Fantasy III
0.32% (2 votes)
Final Fantasy IV
5.77% (36 votes)
Final Fantasy V
5.61% (35 votes)
Final Fantasy VI
36.7% (229 votes)
Final Fantasy VIII
25.8% (161 votes)
Final Fantasy IX
15.71% (98 votes)
Final Fantasy X
4.17% (26 votes)
Final Fantasy XII
0.64% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
If Square announce a remake for another mainline Final Fantasy game a few years down the line for the PS5. Which one do you want?

I did not include XIII and XV not because of the poll limit but because one still holds up well graphic wise and the other is too recent.
Waiting for Senpai to blank me.

User Info: ElBrutus

ElBrutus
1 month ago#2
I would like VI to have the same face-lift kind of remake like IV. Triple-A remake would be way too much. Plus I'd rather see FFXVI come out before 2030.
Top 5 jRPG's: Chrono Trigger (SNES), Grandia (PS1), Suikoden II (PS1), Dragon Quest V (SNES), Persona 5 (PS4)

User Info: Mogryking

Mogryking
1 month ago#3
Depends if it's getting the same "muh action RPG" treatment like XV and 7R then none please
Monsterhunter Mistery Dungeon Moggwa-24.3.2016 (._.)
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/17419471/

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
1 month ago#4
VI or VIII. I voted VI, just because there is some huge potential there compared to the extremely dated SNES graphics. Each town in that game pretty much looks the same, even. All the colour are the same, the game just looks bland....I can only imagine what they could do with that opera scene. It would be up there as one of FF's grandest moments, with a fully orchestrated score and everything.

FFVIII would be incredible if they emitted the draw/junction and changed it to something more gamer-friendly. The only thing that diminishes that games gameplay is the tedious factor. Also, they can clear up the writing a bit with the whole memory loss bits. The game also has the potential to be one of the greatest FF games ever.
TOP 5 consoles: 1. PS1 | 2. PS2 | 3. NES | 4. Genesis | 5. PS3

User Info: shortstackk

shortstackk
1 month ago#5
i voted for FF9, would be freakin cool to see remade
Recording to logbook

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 month ago#6
Final Fantasy V have the bests locations.

So, Final Fantasy V.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
[Dark humor is like clean water, not everyone gets it.]

User Info: Locke_Leonhart

Locke_Leonhart
1 month ago#7
IX, but not action oriented.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
1 month ago#8
As long as the "Squall is dead" and "Rinoa=Ultimecia" nonsense are avoided, VIII.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
1 month ago#9
Depends on the type of remake.
Like i said multiple times i would love a FFVI (or even FFIV) remake using 2D-HD.

For a remake instead comceptually more similar to FFVII-R, my choice would probably be FFVIII.

.....but tbh i doubt SE will do an AAA remake like this one anytime soon since none of the other FF are comparable to FFVII's iconic status imo.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: manta53

manta53
1 month ago#10
Four_Archfiends posted...
If Square announce a remake for another mainline Final Fantasy game a few years down the line for the PS5. Which one do you want?

I did not include XIII and XV not because of the poll limit but because one still holds up well graphic wise and the other is too recent.
Definetly none of those, Parasite Eve is the correct answer.
Church of Korvin
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. If Square announce another FF Remake
  • Topic Archived