• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Greatest Final Fantasy game of all times and would FFVII Remake change this?

User Info: Four_Archfiends

Four_Archfiends
1 month ago#1
Greatest Final Fantasy game of all times? - Results (114 votes)
Final Fantasy IX
4.39% (5 votes)
Final Fantasy V
1.75% (2 votes)
Final Fantasy VI
13.16% (15 votes)
Final Fantasy VII
46.49% (53 votes)
Final Fantasy VIII
7.89% (9 votes)
Final Fantasy IX
9.65% (11 votes)
Final Fantasy X
12.28% (14 votes)
Final Fantasy XII
0.88% (1 vote)
Final Fantasy XIII
2.63% (3 votes)
Final Fantasy XV
0.88% (1 vote)
This poll is now closed.
Which Final Fantasy game was the greatest of all times? And would FFVII Remake change this once it's released?

In my opinion, FFIX is still the greatest one for me currently. But I feel FFVII Remake will become the greatest Final Fantasy game of all times to me and most others once it's released on March. And a few years later, once all the parts are out. FFVII Remake will become the undisputed greatest and biggest Final Fantasy game of all times without a doubt then.
Waiting for Senpai to blank me.

User Info: EveryonesGrudge

EveryonesGrudge
1 month ago#2
I still believe it's FF7. I know it's become hip to trash it, or at the very least say "It's overrated." But the numbers and the noteriety speaks for itself.

I'm pumped for this remake. I don't care how many parts it is, as long as they're all entertaining
The government solution to a problem is usually as bad as the problem.

User Info: ElBrutus

ElBrutus
1 month ago#3
FFIX for me. That and VII will always have special places in my heart, although there are other RPG's I like way more than those two.

What I've seen about Remake makes me think that it won't get even near my top 10. I'm quite sceptical because of some development choices, but I'll form my full opinion once I actually play the game.
Top 5 jRPG's: Chrono Trigger (SNES), Grandia (PS1), Suikoden II (PS1), Dragon Quest V (SNES), Persona 5 (PS4)

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
1 month ago#4
Too subjective to seriously answer. About the only thing I will say is it's not XV. I think most of us can agree on that at least.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

User Info: Snazzy21

Snazzy21
1 month ago#5
Other: Final Fantasy Tactics.
3DS Friend code 4613-7498-1738

User Info: jordina

jordina
1 month ago#6
Personal favourite? FFVII.

Objectively? Probably FFIX. There's nothing really wrong with it. Slow battle pace maybe and most modern versions of the game fix that.
(message deleted)

User Info: PumpkinBelmont

PumpkinBelmont
1 month ago#8
You listed FFIX twice and never listed FFIV. Flopic.

User Info: ElBrutus

ElBrutus
1 month ago#9
PumpkinBelmont posted...
You listed FFIX twice and never listed FFIV. Flopic.
Accidents happen. Everyone with half a brain can figure out the first option is supposed to be IV.
Top 5 jRPG's: Chrono Trigger (SNES), Grandia (PS1), Suikoden II (PS1), Dragon Quest V (SNES), Persona 5 (PS4)

User Info: PumpkinBelmont

PumpkinBelmont
1 month ago#10
ElBrutus posted...
Accidents happen. Everyone with half a brain can figure out the first option is supposed to be IV.
Yeah, I'm not falling for that trick! TC's says IX is best, he puts IX up twice to trick fools like you into putting FFIV votes into his FFIX pile. But it takes more than half a brain cell to see passed that 200 IQ move.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Greatest Final Fantasy game of all times and would FFVII Remake change this?
  • Topic Archived