• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Rumor: FFVIIR delayed

User Info: KuraudoVIIR

KuraudoVIIR
1 week ago#11
leonboutas posted...
that the reason for this delay is for SE to prepare a Steam version of the game for release on the same day as the PS4 version because the leak caused for several people to cancel their pre-orders and now they want to gain more sales from there.
Sound like salty people are talking trash to me.
I thought SE had an exclusivity deal with Sony. What happen to that?
And there is no way they can pull out a full steam version in 2 or 3 month, unless they already had plan before hand.

User Info: leonboutas

leonboutas
1 week ago#12
lorddrakath1522 posted...
The first tweet isn't hinting anything.

KarmelCHAOS posted...
I highly doubt it. It also doesn't sound like he's hinting at anything

Well, that's becuse you haven't been following Maku. His hints for future announcements are all basically questions ''what if x happens then and this appear there'' stuff and asking people what they think.
leonboutas posted...
The reason for this delay is unknown but there is another rumor going around (not by Miraculous Maku) that the reason for this delay is for SE to prepare a Steam version of the game for release on the same day as the PS4 version because the leak caused for several people to cancel their pre-orders and now they want to gain more sales from there.
According to the box art in the media section of the game's store page on Square Enix's own website the game is a one-year timed exclusive for PS4, until 03-03-2021.

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/562559/final-fantasy-vii-remake-ps4

https://cdn-prod.scalefast.com/public/assets/img/resized/squareenix-store-v2/3849cfdf850be80f26aefe2cdff77358_1920_KR.jpg

I imagine they therefore signed a contract with Sony, and releasing on other platforms before that date would be a breach of contract. So this seems unlikely.
(edited 1 week ago)
The first post just says if it were delayed, he'd not go outside. He doesn't say anything about the game being delayed. The second post is him responding to the gamespot article that falsely claimed the demo was releasing on the same day as the game. Am I missing something else here?

Edit: Read your earlier post. That's a real shame if this is actually the case since I've been really anticipating it for March. Still leaning on not happening though.
Roman titles, Latin names, Japanese characters, Western vehicles, and Arthurian weapons. - Final Fantasy
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: KuraudoVIIR

KuraudoVIIR
1 week ago#15
leonboutas posted...
Well they made a 1-year exclusive deal but this was before the leak. In every contract there are some clauses and i believe having a demo of a yet to be released game accessed by anyone with a simple internet connection is a good reason to break the contract. But as i said, the Steam version rumor doesn't come from Miraculous Maku but from a less credible source so maybe it isn't true.

The delay rumor though is 99% happening...
I guess i'll have to bet on that 1% until SE come out with something more official.

(message deleted)

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 week ago#17
leonboutas posted...
I guess that you don't have brain because you never actually saw it with your own eyes then?

You're gonna look like such a jackass if this doesn't happen.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
1 week ago#18
xeno_x-blade20 posted...
The first post just says if it were delayed, he'd not go outside. He doesn't say anything about the game being delayed. The second post is him responding to the gamespot article that falsely claimed the demo was releasing on the same day as the game. Am I missing something else here?
Yeah all he says is that he’d be doomed if they did delay so he’s glad they’re not. Doesn’t sound like a delay is imminent.

Not to mention everything else you mentioned was pretty much obvious. SE themselves said there would be lil to no FFVII updates through those years, we knew remind was coming and everyone guessed pretty much what it would be for the most part. The tgs trailer maaaay be skeptical depending on which part of it he hinted at. Seems more like a fan who just pays attention, could have an inside source though I hope not cuz he’d likely get them fired. I think someone at SE breached their NDA a few months back and got booted quick.

User Info: leonboutas

leonboutas
1 week ago#19
KarmelCHAOS posted...
You're gonna look like such a jackass if this doesn't happen.

Good thing it's happening then.

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 week ago#20
leonboutas posted...
Good thing it's happening then.

We'll see.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Rumor: FFVIIR delayed
  • Post New Message