• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Rumor: FFVIIR delayed

User Info: leonboutas

leonboutas
1 week ago#1
So, the SE insider Miraculous Maku is hinting at a FFVIIR delay. He posted this on his twitter

https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/1215430844258512896

If you don't know who Miraculous Maku is, i've been following him for years. He has hinted almost every related SE announcement in the past. He hinted the re-announcement of FFVIIR in April. He hinted the contents of the TGS trailers of KH3 Remind and FFVIIR with gifs. During the past years he said to not expect any major FFVIIR news in 2017 and 2018 when everyone was wondering when the game will resurface.
And today he posted this.

https://twitter.com/RedMakuzawa/status/1215517027080630272

Basically he is saying that Gamespot may not have been that far off (even if it was just a ''mistake'') and that we will have FFVIIR news soon.
The reason for this delay is unknown but there is another rumor going around (not by Miraculous Maku) that the reason for this delay is for SE to prepare a Steam version of the game for release on the same day as the PS4 version because the leak caused for several people to cancel their pre-orders and now they want to gain more sales from there.
how credible is the leaker?

the first tweet hints nothing of the sorts,and the pc verison is slated for 2021...we already know sony made a 1-year exclusive deal
(edited 1 week ago)

leonboutas
1 week ago#3
unitedinkilling posted...

Very. As i said, he is basically a Square Enix insider and he hinted almost every FF and KH related announcement for the past two years. If you don't believe me, bookmark this topic. News will hit soon (next week).

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 week ago#4
that the reason for this delay is for SE to prepare a Steam version of the game for release on the same day as the PS4 version because the leak caused for several people to cancel their pre-orders and now they want to gain more sales from there.

If this is the case, how long could the delay be?

Preparing a steam/PC version? Have they even been working on that alongside the PS4 version, or not?

It could be a pretty lengthy delay if they’re going to do that...

If the game gets delayed, then P5R could see a boost in pre orders or sales lol. Same as the original P5 getting a boost due to FFXV getting delayed.

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 week ago#5

the first tweet hints nothing of the sorts,and the pc verison is slated for 2021...we already know sony made a 1-year exclusive deal

Ive never seen Maku as a leaker, just a fan.

Yeah the 1 year exclusivity deal could render this rumour null and void.

Then again, Sony f***ed up with s*** security and affected the games sales but I don’t think that’ll be enough grounds to waive the exclusivity clause?

User Info: Evan_Forever

Evan_Forever
1 week ago#6
Yeah nah this seems crazy

leonboutas
1 week ago#7

Well they made a 1-year exclusive deal but this was before the leak. In every contract there are some clauses and i believe having a demo of a yet to be released game accessed by anyone with a simple internet connection is a good reason to break the contract. But as i said, the Steam version rumor doesn't come from Miraculous Maku but from a less credible source so maybe it isn't true.

The delay rumor though is 99% happening...

leonboutas
1 week ago#8
meteora88 posted...
If this is the case, how long could the delay be?

Preparing a steam/PC version? Have they even been working on that alongside the PS4 version, or not?

It could be a pretty lengthy delay if they’re going to do that...

If the game gets delayed, then P5R could see a boost in pre orders or sales lol. Same as the original P5 getting a boost due to FFXV getting delayed.

Well, if you follow his tweets and the answers he gave, the delay is supposed to be one month only and the game is coming out in late April/early May.
The first tweet isn't hinting anything.

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 week ago#10
I highly doubt it. It also doesn't sound like he's hinting at anything
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Rumor: FFVIIR delayed
  • Post New Message